• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Dreger: League-Wide Interest in DeAngelo; Trade Likely a Matter of Days

Scott

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean it's documented now they had a conversation with him about his social media presence. I didn't say it was the sole reason for it getting to this point, but it's a pretty big one. And it's undeniable.
Yes, because his social media presence was disruptive. And it wasn't disruptive because it was a conservative viewpoint. she was a bad representation for the brand, it just so happened to play out on Twitter because that was HIS platform of choice.

Please give me another example where a professional sports team has done anything to appease a Twitter mob. Like come on, this is logical, you can not be serious.

People drove drove Trevor Bauer away from the Mets as a free agent, calling him a piece of shit for a Twitter confrontation in which OTHER PEOPLE "harrassed" a girl.

PS, DeAngelo nor Trump said the virus itself was a hoax. But keep that line of bullshit going.

People drove drove Trevor Bauer away from the Mets as a free agent, calling him a piece of shit for a Twitter confrontation in which OTHER PEOPLE "harrassed" a girl.

PS, DeAngelo nor Trump said the virus itself was a hoax. But keep that line of bullshit going.

Trevor Bauer picked $40M per season and the option to void his contract in any of his contract years. He chose to be the highest-paid player in baseball with full control of his deal. I don't think he got bullied from signing a deal.

Trevor Bauer picked $40M per season and the option to void his contract in any of his contract years. He chose to be the highest-paid player in baseball with full control of his deal. I don't think he got bullied from signing a deal.

I think the Mets offered more money. Bauer was constantly on social media putting up links to Mets merch with his name on it. Plenty of photos shops as a Met. Reporters and fans went Tony D route and started calling him a POS due to his past Trump supporter, which turned into him obviously being a sexist, woman hating jerk off. Pretty sure that had a bit to do with him taking less money. That and him being from CA...

I think the Mets offered more money. Bauer was constantly on social media putting up links to Mets merch with his name on it. Plenty of photos hops as a Met. Reporters and fans went Tony D route and started calling him a POS due to his past Trump supporter, which turned into him obviously being a sexist, woman hating jerk off. Pretty sure that had a bit to do with him taking less money. That and him being from CA...

The Mets offered more money overall. He took more money per year in the short-term. He can bail out at any time if he wants. Paid any attention to what's been going on this stock market lately, either? Not exactly a great time for Steven Cohen. So, yeah, I'd say it's got nothing to with social media. Bauer prides himself on being a controversial and influential social media presence.

1. That?s just not the dynamic of how the Bauer deal went down (Bauer wanted to control his own destiny, which everyone knew including the Mets when they made that offer, because they were trying to appeal to the fan base despite knowing he wasn?t going to accept that deal).

2. Damn you love politicizing this stuff my guy.

Most of your posts regarding Quinn and ADA are complete fabrication, where you literally make up a scenario and treat it as fact, and then argue based on that premise... Yet you're talking about other folks "lines of bullshit"?

L. O. L.

K.

• Like 1

Right, seeing as my last post was apparently not clear enough...

The thread about Tony being waived was closed because it became an endless circlejerk. This thread is about trading Tony DeAngelo and the return, not the mechanics of his leaving, not the perceived grievances, not whining about cancel culture or whatever the fuck being held accountable for your actions is called today, not the behind the scenes stuff that led up to it, and not the bullshit that other thread descended into.

Do not turn this thread into the other thread. Stay on topic.

I think you and I are the only ones around who agree on this.

Make him go to anger management and apologize, and if need be, make it as humiliating as possible so he gets the message he thus far has not received.

The PP is terrible. It would be better with ADA.

ADA is a knucklehead, as asshole even. This is not an unusual occurrence. There are lots of people in many work environments, including sports teams, who happen to be assholes. The idea here is to win hockey games, not have everyone joining hands and sing "Kumbaya". The time to make the decision about whether this specific asshole was worth it was already made when they signed him to a big ass 2 year contract. Really if you want to blame someone (and to me at this point, since it won't much change things, who cares?) blame Jeff Gorton for offering that contract.

But ADA is a very good offensive defenseman. Recall when there was a thread in the offseason about trading him , we are back at the point that if he's not around, that production is not a given. May be someday soon Fox and Miller will make him unneeded, but that time isn't here yet.

Bring him back. Humiliate his ass. And enough with the prissy nonsense. Might be more pleasant to be around non-asshole players. It's not important. And they already made that decision when they signed him anyway. They're paying him no matter what, so they may as well get to ride his ass. Unless watch Trouba shit the bed night after night on the PP makes you warm and fuzzy.