• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Dreger: League-Wide Interest in DeAngelo; Trade Likely a Matter of Days

Scott

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Milquetoast. Vanilla.

Boring but reliable.

Boring, yes. Reliable? No. I don't know if anyone here has actually watched Stepan play hockey. He's horrific.

He's slow, can't win faceoffs, has never had good hands or a good shot, isn't physical... I'd argue he's less effective than Kevin Rooney by a wide margin.

He's 24, gets no playing time as AHL lifers step right past him. You'd think getting this kid on the ice would be a priority. DGP, and Blackwell get bigger roles and tons more icetime than a guy with all this untapped potential. They could probably use Keane back for some defense depth instead of letting this guy rot.

Sorry. Just reread what I was responding to. I thought you meant Gauthier.

With Bennett, at this stage in his career, he is at make or break status. Coming up on free agency, I don't think tge Rangers can afford to see whether or not he fits.. Strome is gaining momentum and Chytil was pur best forward besides Buchnevich for the first few games. Do we want to fill in Chytils spot with another "possible" 2nd line option when we HAVE a 2nd line center along with a young guy waiting on the doorstep? Bringing in Bennett to eventually play on the 4th line isn't what Bennett wants or needs. Eventually a 3rd line winger behind Buch and Kakko? I doubt he'd be happy here for long.

I'd love to have him on the roster because I think he's capable of being much more than what he's done in Calgary. I just don't think he wants to get traded just to be used in a similar way he already is. I'd assume he would rather be guaranteed a top 6 spot. He doesn't get that here.

This is misleading. I'm sure they could have traded him for what they're probably going to get back now over the summer. They were probably aiming high over the summer and felt that nothing met the Rangers perceived worth of ADA. Now they're definitely trading for pennies on the $.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Or that the Rangers as well as other teams weren't into committing the money people were expecting him to ask for. People were throwing 7 million around as the number he (being the giant peice of shit he is) was going to ask for. To which nobody wanted him. Not even those of us who make excuses for this vile, disgusting, puddle of c6nt juice that formerly wore the #77. The disgrace. Ahhh man he makes me sick.

He was a high draft pick, still has the skill, can skate, good awareness off the puck. Doesnt light it up during the season, but sticks out during the playoffs.

A modern day Claude Lemieux.

He put up points as a rookie, and has been near PPG in the playoffs his last few trips to the post season.

one of my favorites from recent history - just look at the Sharks bench.

You know he's annoying af based on his fight card

https://www.hockeyfights.com/players/18548

Mehhh, how long until HE is deemed stupid selfish and a horrible teammate for taking such senseless penalties. I mean... its no slamming the penalty box door...

Stepan wants out of Ottawa. Steps for ADA? We would be taking his inflated salary for the year but would get center help and we rid ourselves of ADA. Just a thought.

Report: Senators trying to trade Stepan

https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/2107366

I think that's a perfect fit. Once Chytil comes back, Stepan can be the most expensive 4th liner who would be their top PK guy. He does suck a faceoffs though. No?

Boring, yes. Reliable? No. I don't know if anyone here has actually watched Stepan play hockey. He's horrific.

He's slow, can't win faceoffs, has never had good hands or a good shot, isn't physical... I'd argue he's less effective than Kevin Rooney by a wide margin.

Right.. but we are getting rid of DeAngelo. I think it's a take what you can get without retaining salary. Can probably do worse than Stepan. But you are eating up any cap space available this year to get DeAngelo out of here. Maybe they can get a little more with Stepan. Like a pick. 6.5 cap hit is fucking gross though.

Nah screw it. Buy DeAngelo out. But then again this trade coming full circle would be cool. They still have Raanta? Get him too.

Yes, a plot within the Rangers management to lose a key asset to please the Twitter mob. Exactly.

Is it not documented that they had a conversation with him about his social media presence? The only reason to do so is to appease the Twitter mob. Otherwise they wouldn't care. So, yes, they put pressure on DeAngelo to please the Twitter mob. Then they pulled the plug on him publicly by waiving him outright a few games in. Terrible management.

Is it not documented that they had a conversation with him about his social media presence? The only reason to do so is to appease the Twitter mob. Otherwise they wouldn't care. So, yes, they put pressure on DeAngelo to please the Twitter mob. Then they pulled the plug on him publicly by waiving him outright a few games in. Terrible management.
No, terrible teammate and not someone you want representing your org.

He was denying covid in a city that was hit the hardest by it.

He's an idiot. Hard stop.

Please give me another example where a professional sports team has done anything to appease a Twitter mob. Like come on, this is logical, you can not be serious.

No, terrible teammate and not someone you want representing your org.

He was denying covid in a city that was hit the hardest by it.

He's an idiot. Hard stop.

I mean it's documented now they had a conversation with him about his social media presence. I didn't say it was the sole reason for it getting to this point, but it's a pretty big one. And it's undeniable.