• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Dreger: League-Wide Interest in DeAngelo; Trade Likely a Matter of Days

Scott

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yzerman traded him away from TB (after issues in Syracuse).

To go along with his undeserved status as Golden Boy among fans, I dont see him taking on DeAngelo.

Rangers need to hope there's a 2/3C out there that has been trying to force his way off his current team and that team is willing to gamble. GMs dont want to lose their jobs due to internet mob-mentality.

i cant see any tweets posted on this site - is that the Bennett tweet?

yeah

Sam Bennett likely won’t be in the Flames lineup tonight against the Winnipeg Jets. Coach decision. This may fuel trade speculation, but sources say, at the moment, there is nothing on the front burner related to trade.

IMO this would be the best case scenario. No, he's not a great player but he's probably the best you could hope for in this debacle.

Just looked at his stats and never realized he was such a poor performer.

Question is.. can he win faceoffs?

To be frank i'd be happy with a 3rd rounder for deangelo with salary retained- i still find it bizarre that anyone would trade for him when they could have had him for free.

To be frank i'd be happy with a 3rd rounder for deangelo with salary retained- i still find it bizarre that anyone would trade for him when they could have had him for free.

He's been a historically decent faceoff guy - wins more than he loses for sure - but he's played more wing than C these last few years. He wants to play C, and he wants a top 6/9 spot from what I gather.

He's been a historically decent faceoff guy - wins more than he loses for sure - but he's played more wing than C these last few years. He wants to play C, and he wants a top 6/9 spot from what I gather.

I havent watched him enough to have an opinion but my main concern is Chytil. If they sit Strome and let Chytil continue to play 3C then fine. But you know... Quinn.

I havent watched him enough to have an opinion but my main concern is Chytil. If they sit Strome and let Chytil continue to play 3C then fine. But you know... Quinn.

I think that even if he ends up in our top 9, he'll have more of a 2nd line like role.

He's currently playing mostly on a checking unit with Milan Lucic and Mikael Backlund. Occasionally they get Frolik or Mangiapane or Derek Ryan. What will he get here - figure Lafreniere or Kreider and PDG or Kravtsov? Big upgrades.

I think that even if he ends up in our top 9, he'll have more of a 2nd line like role.

He's currently playing mostly on a checking unit with Milan Lucic and Mikael Backlund. Occasionally they get Frolik or Mangiapane or Derek Ryan. What will he get here - figure Lafreniere or Kreider and PDG or Kravtsov? Big upgrades.

I mean if he cant beat Strome out for a spot then I dont want him lol

Poor stats but he's never really been given a chance from what I can gather. He plays multiple positions though and also plays a heavy game. He was a menace in the playoffs this past summer. I think he'd fit in really well TBH.

Again, he's not a star player and hopefully no one expects him to be one. He could easily find himself on the 4th line when Chytil comes back. But, if you can get a player like that for Tony, I think it's worth it. He's way more valuable than a 3rd or 2nd. And he's worth retaining salary for.

But that's just my opinion based on the Rangers needs and the fact that Tony is a dead man walking.

Poor stats but he's never really been given a chance from what I can gather. He plays multiple positions though and also plays a heavy game. He was a menace in the playoffs this past summer. I think he'd fit in really well TBH.

Again, he's not a star player and hopefully no one expects him to be one. He could easily find himself on the 4th line when Chytil comes back. But, if you can get a player like that for Tony, I think it's worth it. He's way more valuable than a 3rd or 2nd. And he's worth retaining salary for.

But that's just my opinion based on the Rangers needs and the fact that Tony is a dead man walking.

Sounds like a good option then.

Get'r done sla....rton!

Not the cleanest sheet here but you get the idea. Not great league wide FO numbers but better than what we're getting that's for sure.

Year Team FO%

1 2020-21 CGY 44.4%

2 2019-20 CGY 51.7%

3 2018-19 CGY 55.6%

4 2017-18 CGY 54.3%

5 2016-17 CGY 46.1%

6 2015-16 CGY 46.1%

7 2014-15 CGY 16.7%

more detail here:

https://www.puckbase.com/stats/faceoff-percentage?player=sam-bennett