• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Dreger: League-Wide Interest in DeAngelo; Trade Likely a Matter of Days

Scott

Poor stats but he's never really been given a chance from what I can gather. He plays multiple positions though and also plays a heavy game. He was a menace in the playoffs this past summer. I think he'd fit in really well TBH.

Again, he's not a star player and hopefully no one expects him to be one. He could easily find himself on the 4th line when Chytil comes back. But, if you can get a player like that for Tony, I think it's worth it. He's way more valuable than a 3rd or 2nd. And he's worth retaining salary for.

But that's just my opinion based on the Rangers needs and the fact that Tony is a dead man walking.

I like Bennett, but I don't think they need him at this stage in his career. He wants a bigger role but he won't get that here.

Fans can talk shit about Strome, but he's been playing pretty good the last few games. He's producing. The Rangers already have Chytil ready to contend for Stromes spot. Unless Bennett can play RW, I don't see a top 9 spot for him.

Gauthier got 5 minutes of ice time tonight. Might as well package jim with DeAngelo before his worth becomes zero. I don't get why Quinn doesn't play him, but they have won 3 of 4.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which facts were twisted when the Rangers tried to trade him over the summer and they couldn't?
This is misleading. I'm sure they could have traded him for what they're probably going to get back now over the summer. They were probably aiming high over the summer and felt that nothing met the Rangers perceived worth of ADA. Now they're definitely trading for pennies on the $.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I like Bennett, but I don't think they need him at this stage in his career. He wants a bigger role but he won't get that here.

Fans can talk shit about Strome, but he's been playing pretty good the last few games. He's producing. The Rangers already have Chytil ready to contend for Stromes spot. Unless Bennett can play RW, I don't see a top 9 spot for him.

Gauthier got 5 minutes of ice time tonight. Might as well package jim with DeAngelo before his worth becomes zero. I don't get why Quinn doesn't play him, but they have won 3 of 4.

At this stage of his career? He’s 24

This is misleading. I'm sure they could have traded him for what they're probably going to get back now over the summer. They were probably aiming high over the summer and felt that nothing met the Rangers perceived worth of ADA. Now they're definitely trading for pennies on the $.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I wouldn't call my post misleading, but that's a fair point.

At this stage of his career? He?s 24

He's 24, gets no playing time as AHL lifers step right past him. You'd think getting this kid on the ice would be a priority. DGP, and Blackwell get bigger roles and tons more icetime than a guy with all this untapped potential. They could probably use Keane back for some defense depth instead of letting this guy rot.

About the same age they got Brassard, Zibanejad, Strome.

I wouldn't expect Bennett to be that guy that suddenly goes off and pops a few 50+ point seasons in a row, but I'd love it if he were, say, a Nick Bonino or Mike Fisher type for us. Higher end 3C who can swing up the lineup and play a physical game.

I wouldn't expect Bennett to be that guy that suddenly goes off and pops a few 50+ point seasons in a row, but I'd love it if he were, say, a Nick Bonino or Mike Fisher type for us. Higher end 3C who can swing up the lineup and play a physical game.

He was a high draft pick, still has the skill, can skate, good awareness off the puck. Doesnt light it up during the season, but sticks out during the playoffs.

A modern day Claude Lemieux.

He put up points as a rookie, and has been near PPG in the playoffs his last few trips to the post season.

one of my favorites from recent history - just look at the Sharks bench.

You know he's annoying af based on his fight card

https://www.hockeyfights.com/players/18548

The fact that he's a playoff player is important. That's a different kind of style. Rangers don't really have any of those kinds of players in the lineup - players who can drag the rest of the lineup into battle - which was quite obvious in the bubble.

Again, I'm not expecting a points explosion from him, but considering his draft pedigree and his history I don't think it's out of the question.

IMO, TDA for Bennett would be an absolute steal, but I don't think there's any chance it'll be 1 for 1.

He was a high draft pick, still has the skill, can skate, good awareness off the puck. Doesnt light it up during the season, but sticks out during the playoffs.

A modern day Claude Lemieux.

He put up points as a rookie, and has been near PPG in the playoffs his last few trips to the post season.

one of my favorites from recent history - just look at the Sharks bench.

You know he's annoying af based on his fight card

https://www.hockeyfights.com/players/18548

Oh, sure. I just don't see him ever really being a 30/30 guy or something; he had one really good year in Juniors and that's about it.

He's a pain in the ass with some decent talent.

Stepan wants out of Ottawa. Steps for ADA? We would be taking his inflated salary for the year but would get center help and we rid ourselves of ADA. Just a thought.

Report: Senators trying to trade Stepan

https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/2107366

I don’t actually know how much he helps our center depth. He’s not better than anyone currently on the roster.