• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Dreger: League-Wide Interest in DeAngelo; Trade Likely a Matter of Days

Scott

If no one really does bite on him, with all the defensive injuries on this team I wish they'd just give him another shot and hopefully he understands that they were serious about letting him go and are only giving him another shot due to the circumstances, and that sets him straight. I just don't think the truth that we know justifies his dismissal so there's either more that we don't know or they're letting the rumors and public image dictate their decisions.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is not coming back. If he did, it would make upper management look like fools. Organisation would be lost at that point.

If no one really does bite on him, with all the defensive injuries on this team I wish they'd just give him another shot and hopefully he understands that they were serious about letting him go and are only giving him another shot due to the circumstances, and that sets him straight. I just don't think the truth that we know justifies his dismissal so there's either more that we don't know or they're letting the rumors and public image dictate their decisions.

That ship has sailed.

the fact he hasn't been dealt could possibly indicate the league wide interest was a figment of Dreger's imagination unless Gorton is still sorting through all the offers?

or he's just seen as too toxic regardless of his talent?

Brooks did an article/interview with him that was in the post today. Don't care enough to pull the quotes etc. But here is the link.

Tony DeAngelo bares his soul in first comments since Rangers exile

https://nypost.com/2021/02/13/ex-rangers-player-tony-deangelo-bares-soul-in-interview/

So the funny thing about that article is that it's all about how Tony isn't a racist. But the team has already came out and supported Tony about that, and any incident with K'Andre, yet the article still says he's not in the NHL because people think he's racist...Actually he's not in the NHL because the Rangers had enough of his shit. If he wasn't disruptive to his own team, he'd still be playing for them. All it takes is for one team to want you.

Other highlights from that article were that the slur Tony used in Junior wasn't racist, but ethnic (Thanks for clarifying, Larry! But the point is, with Tony, he broke a rule and has no respect for authority), and a series of comments from Tony that start with "I, I, I, I, all I, I, what I, I..." and not one word I was looking for ... "Sorry."

Yeah, I don’t k ow about you, but the last time I ga e 5 million dollars a year to someone that was outburst away from goodbye was....wait never. No one do3s that unless there is a major disconnect between the person giving it and person deciding if he’s worth it.

The Jets gave Evander Kane an +$5 million deal over 6 years and they walked away from him after a few months of behavioral issues and incidents with teammates. (There was a dead lockout year in he beginning, but point stands).

Sometimes a player just wears out his welcome when they don't learn from their mistakes and make a change. You can keep blaming everyone else but Tony, but all he had to do was shut up and play hockey. And he couldn't.

I love how there were actual articles claiming it was nearly 100% fact ADA was using a burner account and had it triangulated to Pittsburgh minutes after a game.........that same account to this day is still tweeting......yet no one is reporting on its triangulation anymore..........but hey, the story stuck so who cares right?
Where are the articles? Not blogs....Articles?

Hey if the Rangers want to manage their roster based on Twitter trolls we're heading for another 5+ years of top 5 picks at least.
If they brought ADA back, they'd still be managing their roster based on Twitter trolls. Maybe they're basing their decision on the fact that he's an asshole?

Stuff came out later that made it extremely obvious that Twitter account was never him. This was a prime example of a group of people wanting something to be true so badly that they made it so. It's sad, really.
What stuff? Show the receipts?

In the article Staal says DeAngelo would yell at coaches and refs. Guessing here, my thoughts on Quinn being a tattletale may be true. Benched the guy for the dumbest reason and probably got some talk back from a guy some in the room thought should be wearing an A and had to get rid of him. Maybe be a good coach and put your players ahead of your shitty disciplinary reactions to players who play hard.

I'm baffled how pre game actions ( shooting pucks at the other teams players, not getting off the ice, later having Buch have to fight in game) with the Bruins yielded no benchings, but slamming a penalty box door warrants 2 games in the stands.

Letting this shitbag of a coach have the responsibility of reporting "offenses" of a guy who was warned about "offenses" is really pussy shit from not just Quinn, but Gorton.

I'd love a list of all the supposed fines and team rules DeAngelo had accrued, just to see what kind of baby shit set of rules they made up for this guy.

With the "racist" crap now proven to be absolute garbage and the covid crap also being taken out of context (as it was with the president mo matter how many times it was explained), can some of you lay the fuck off on the narrative you and Twitter trolls have been tossing out there for 2 years?

I'd think a new coach with any sense of self confidence and self worth would ask to try the guy out again. But the GM being a fucking boy scout who just "had to stick to my (literal) word" would have a damaged ego and look like a bitch. I don't see Gortons job being in danger any time soon. So, the possibility of this loud mouth plsying here are non existent.

Do they have to wait till the end of the season to buy him out though? Is he counting fully towards the cap?

Edmonton just waived Neal. Is there a fit there? I believe he carries a 5.75 cap hit for this year and next. I'd think he could be a useful veteran presence. Would Edmonton eat salary or give a little something extra to swap him for Cuntheadracist? He's got more goals on the season than Zibanejad.... He's a past his prime vet that Quinn would love to play over Gauthier or Kakko.. So there's a fit THERE.

In the article Staal says DeAngelo would yell at coaches and refs. Guessing here, my thoughts on Quinn being a tattletale may be true. Benched the guy for the dumbest reason and probably got some talk back from a guy some in the room thought should be wearing an A and had to get rid of him. Maybe be a good coach and put your players ahead of your shitty disciplinary reactions to players who play hard.

I'm baffled how pre game actions ( shooting pucks at the other teams players, not getting off the ice, later having Buch have to fight in game) with the Bruins yielded no benchings, but slamming a penalty box door warrants 2 games in the stands.

Letting this shitbag of a coach have the responsibility of reporting "offenses" of a guy who was warned about "offenses" is really pussy shit from not just Quinn, but Gorton.

I'd love a list of all the supposed fines and team rules DeAngelo had accrued, just to see what kind of baby shit set of rules they made up for this guy.

With the "racist" crap now proven to be absolute garbage and the covid crap also being taken out of context (as it was with the president mo matter how many times it was explained), can some of you lay the fuck off on the narrative you and Twitter trolls have been tossing out there for 2 years?

I'd think a new coach with any sense of self confidence and self worth would ask to try the guy out again. But the GM being a fucking boy scout who just "had to stick to my (literal) word" would have a damaged ego and look like a bitch. I don't see Gortons job being in danger any time soon. So, the possibility of this loud mouth plsying here are non existent.

Do they have to wait till the end of the season to buy him out though? Is he counting fully towards the cap?

Edmonton just waived Neal. Is there a fit there? I believe he carries a 5.75 cap hit for this year and next. I'd think he could be a useful veteran presence. Would Edmonton eat salary or give a little something extra to swap him for Cuntheadracist? He's got more goals on the season than Zibanejad.... He's a past his prime vet that Quinn would love to play over Gauthier or Kakko.. So there's a fit THERE.

The mental gymnastics here continue to be fascinating.

Staal basically said 99% of all the crap you hear on TDA is nonsense. He's practically trying to drag him to Detroit. Problem with Detroit is they don't have anything I want that they would probably give up. I've said it many times. They are wasting the career of Larkin. He's a hometown guy but if he had a brain he would ask out. He's worth overpayment. It would take a massive offer with 5 or 6 for 1. On this team with Panarin he would push 100 points and he's a plus faceoff guy. It probably would cost you Chytil but I'd try like heck to avoid that.

Georgiev, Lundkvist, Barron, Kravtsov and Buchnevich might get them to bite. Georgiev will never start here. Lundkvist is a fantastic prospect but Schneider will take the spot and Trouba we are stuck with because of stupid Gorton's NMC he gave him. Love Barron as a bottom six guy. Kravtsov is not making our top 4 wings. If Detroit is good it will be 4 years from now. Larkin will be 28 and probably will be mentally done there. They should deal him now. They aren't close to being a good team.

This is impressive misdirection.

it's not terribly hard to draw a clear analogy here and say things like "Hmm, I'm really thinking that when I want my next job, my last employer should just hand over my entire HR file from head to toe" - and immediately understand why and how that might be extremely problematic. It's also not really hard to think "If I screwed up at my job, and instead of accepting that and learning from it, I actively made everyone else's job harder" that there should be consequences. Oh, right, sorry, hockey isn't a job in spite of the endless allegories - he signed an employment contract, he gets a paycheck, he has a boss, he's a brand representative and is expected to act in a way consistent with the brand, his performance dictates his likelihood of a raise, he's a union member, and so on and so on.

You're purposefully, willfully confusing "equal treatment" with "my guy had to face public consequences", and perhaps, just maybe, you're excessively angry at a coach for doing his job instead of a player who didn't.

Those articles don't say it's 100% fact. Those articles lay out the evidence, evidence which still exists, and the Twitter interactions that led people to conclude that this is ADA. Look at the tweets, look at who he's following.

Person claiming to be a Rangers fan is tweeting that he hopes ADA plays against the Rangers and roasts them? Not much of a Rangers fan in my opinion.

I have yet to see evidence that this is not ADA.

Ultimately, I don't care if it is or not. It has literally nothing to do with the story, other than somebody is so obsessed with D'Angelo that they went through the trouble to create that account. And that's totally believable based on post I've seen here LOL.

Those articles don't say it's 100% fact. Those articles lay out the evidence, evidence which still exists, and the Twitter interactions that led people to conclude that this is ADA. Look at the tweets, look at who he's following.

Person claiming to be a Rangers fan is tweeting that he hopes ADA plays against the Rangers and roasts them? Not much of a Rangers fan in my opinion.

Ultimately, I don't care if it is or not. It has literally nothing to do with the story, other than somebody is so obsessed with D'Angelo that they went through the trouble to create that account. And that's totally believable based on post I've seen here LOL.

All true but i wouldn’t underestimate some whacky fans trying to fuck around with ADA for supporting Trump

It’s not ADA and it’s lazy shitty reporting, which is commonplace these days. Literally creating articles based on internet opinion, not anything actual factual. And again, the point is there are people showing source code.....account is still tweeting, yet no one checking source code again. Something tells me people did but because it’ll now still show Pittsburgh when the dude is at home in NJ it’ll be quiet.......but yeah “still might be ADA”

It’s a person from Pittsburgh screwing around on Twitter which is full of asshats and people are sopping it up for some odd reason.

It?s not ADA and it?s lazy shitty reporting, which is commonplace these days. Literally creating articles based on internet opinion, not anything actual factual. And again, the point is there are people showing source code.....account is still tweeting, yet no one checking source code again. Something tells me people did but because it?ll now still show Pittsburgh when the dude is at home in NJ it?ll be quiet.......but yeah ?still might be ADA?

It?s a person from Pittsburgh screwing around on Twitter which is full of asshats and people are sopping it up for some odd reason.

You don't know it isn't, same as I don't know it is.

Lazy reporting... I mean it's Deadspin. That's their brand. All they are doing is reporting twitter interactions. Even the Yahoo article doesn't say "Deangelo's Burner". It asks if it could be. And the answer is yes, it could be.

Don't really know why this upsets you so much.

At the end of the day, that's not why he's not on the team. I don't even know why anyone is bringing it up as a talking point. As if creating fake accounts on Twitter is something new and unusual.

You don't know it isn't, same as I don't know it is.

Lazy reporting... I mean it's Deadspin. That's their brand. All they are doing is reporting twitter interactions. Even the Yahoo article doesn't say "Deangelo's Burner". It asks if it could be. And the answer is yes, it could be.

Don't really know why this upsets you so much.

At the end of the day, that's not why he's not on the team. I don't even know why anyone is bringing it up as a talking point. As if creating fake accounts on Twitter is something new and unusual.

I didn't say it upsets me so much. Its a discussion. I don't know why you're so passionate about it being him then? You're not. We are just talking. That's what we do lol.

As for why it's a talking point. Well, because regardless of what our team says, all this other shit with very little factual stuff are partly reasons as to why other teams balk at him too and at this point, all I want is to get the least raped over trading the problem in the first place.

I didn't say it upsets me so much. Its a discussion. I don't know why you're so passionate about it being him then? You're not. We are just talking. That's what we do lol.

As for why it's a talking point. Well, because regardless of what our team says, all this other shit with very little factual stuff are partly reasons as to why other teams balk at him too and at this point, all I want is to get the least raped over trading the problem in the first place.

I'm not passionate about anything. It clearly bothers you that people think it's him. I don't care if it's him or not, it's either him or somebody who's infatuated with him. That much is clear.

I'm also saying, the burner account keeps getting brought up. Why does it matter?

I don't really know that other teams buy into rumor and innuendo on Twitter. There's a lot of conspiracy theories out there but this is what we know... The team waived him for things other than racism and came straight out and said that had nothing to do with it. That means there's other things that have happened that make the Rangers think he needs to move on and can't stay here.

Other teams can figure this out, and that's likely the biggest warning flag against acquiring him. For a team to just be willing to walk away from you with nothing in return is quite telling.

I'm not passionate about anything. It clearly bothers you that people think it's him. I don't care if it's him or not, it's either him or somebody who's infatuated with him. That much is clear.

Do we really need to turn this into an argument? We dont really know each other to the point that we know what "clearly" bothers any of us. I'm on a message board killing time between real life, as you are. Besides, youre not my Valentines. :cheers:

Eh, nobody here wanted the ADA saga to end like this. Sure, it was probably the most likely outcome by a few percentage points, but nobody loves the fact that one of our better offensive defensemen has self-sabotaged this hard. I certainly don't love that we're not going to get much for him either. I get the GM moves around him from an asset protection angle: why we re-signed him, DEFINITELY understand why we avoided arbitration, hate that we couldn't deal him before the season. And I get having to draw a line and stick to it - it's just good organizational management.

If that account really is ADA, he's done in the NHL. Having a back-end account for the express purpose of stanning yourself and shit-talking your own team? Donezo. Bye. Enjoy Novosibirsk. Hope it's not, because truly, I hope ADA gets it under control. He's too good a player to be this consistently in his own way.

It’s not ADA and it’s lazy shitty reporting, which is commonplace these days. Literally creating articles based on internet opinion, not anything actual factual. And again, the point is there are people showing source code.....account is still tweeting, yet no one checking source code again. Something tells me people did but because it’ll now still show Pittsburgh when the dude is at home in NJ it’ll be quiet.......but yeah “still might be ADA”

It’s a person from Pittsburgh screwing around on Twitter which is full of asshats and people are sopping it up for some odd reason.

IP Address =/= Source Code. Two very separate things. What was pulled was his IP Address which is an incredibly easy thing to do. Someone sent whoever uses that Twttier account a link which they then clicked. The IP address was then found to be located in Pittsburgh. Your IP Address isn't tied to your account, it's tied to where you're getting internet from. It's a single dot on an otherwise larger map assuming that you don't use the same internet every day. There's no way to follow that Twitter account's movement without sending another link to then pick up whatever his latest IP address is. The past one won't move because it's static. It's tied to a provider and location.

Do we really need to turn this into an argument? We dont really know each other to the point that we know what "clearly" bothers any of us. I'm on a message board killing time between real life, as you are. Besides, youre not my Valentines. :cheers:
Okay, you're not upset, this just sounds like somebody who's upset. I don't know what you want me to tell you, you're spending a lot of time on something you claim not to care about.

Okay, you're not upset, this just sounds like somebody who's upset. I don't know what you want me to tell you, you're spending a lot of time on something you claim not to care about.

I have 12 thousand posts here. I spend a lot of time here lol.

By the way, Brooks had an interview with ADA he published yesterday. In the interest of keeping the board in order, think it should be a new thread or just added here?

IP Address =/= Source Code. Two very separate things. What was pulled was his IP Address which is an incredibly easy thing to do. Someone sent whoever uses that Twttier account a link which they then clicked. The IP address was then found to be located in Pittsburgh. Your IP Address isn't tied to your account, it's tied to where you're getting internet from. It's a single dot on an otherwise larger map assuming that you don't use the same internet every day. There's no way to follow that Twitter account's movement without sending another link to then pick up whatever his latest IP address is. The past one won't move because it's static. It's tied to a provider and location.

I get that. But I’m just saying, that account is still tweeting g apparently so I imagine someone out there can still get his ip from tweets more recently, say like yesterday or last few day tweets.

I have 12 thousand posts here. I spend a lot of time here lol.

By the way, Brooks had an interview with ADA he published yesterday. In the interest of keeping the board in order, think it should be a new thread or just added here?

Someone posted it in this thread already. It might just be worth keeping here until this thread runs its course.

I get that. But I’m just saying, that account is still tweeting g apparently so I imagine someone out there can still get his ip from tweets more recently, say like yesterday or last few day tweets.

You don't get the IP from the tweets, though. Someone sent him a link to a website that can pick them up. I don't know if anyone has since or if that account has clicked any suspicious links subsequently. IPs are easy to trace but not exactly out in the open either. You'd end with a lot more people getting doxxed.

Someone posted it in this thread already. It might just be worth keeping here until this thread runs its course.

You don't get the IP from the tweets, though. Someone sent him a link to a website that can pick them up. I don't know if anyone has since or if that account has clicked any suspicious links subsequently. IPs are easy to trace but not exactly out in the open either. You'd end with a lot more people getting doxxed.

Thanks for the info. That makes sense. Maybe whoever it is smarted up then with no links lol. Must have missed thecarticle because usually people quote the article to give it a bit more oomph than just a post.