• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Ryan McDonagh, J.T. Miller Headed to the Lightning

ClearedForContact

His skating is why they don’t consider him a top 6 forward. That is the report I’ve read everywhere. It doesn’t mean anything. I just bringing into the conversation because it hasn’t yet been included in his description. I’ve only seen him in the wjc. I’ll be honest I really didn’t notice him to be special. He looked like a nhl player but nobody I was wowed by like middlestadt or Mcavoy or chabot two years ago. Again it doesn’t mean much. I remember watching Stepan at the wjc and thinking he was an ahler because he couldn’t skate. I was wrong on that one no doubt. If he turns into a Stepan type I will be thrilled. That all said it has to be noted that his perceived weakness in terms what’s stopping scouts of grading him higher is his skating. Take what you want from that.

i actually thought he did well in the WJC, maybe you were watching jt miller highlights lol just kidding but anyway most people like him and feel he was already highly regarded and his stock has risen along with

Hajek

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Howden was Canada's best forward I thought, and they rolled the entire field in the tournament. One bad period vs. US, other than that it was a laugher.

I really think they could have had Raddysh if they wanted, but I think they really see something in Howden. I just keep coming back to Getzlaf. That's a 1% chance, but let's see how it plays out. There's nothing more Howden can do at his current level to change minds. Big year next year.

Howden was Canada's best forward I thought, and they rolled the entire field in the tournament. One bad period vs. US, other than that it was a laugher.

I really think they could have had Raddysh if they wanted, but I think they really see something in Howden. I just keep coming back to Getzlaf. That's a 1% chance, but let's see how it plays out. There's nothing more Howden can do at his current level to change minds. Big year next year.

Yea I like that Howden is going to be 20 next season- wont be as long a wait to see how he does. Possibly even on the Rangers.

I think we did well, could we have done better? I just don't know.

I am pleased we got Howden and Hajek at least ... and as far as already NHL-capable, we also get Namestnikov, who I like.

Spooner who fills a need in production. Bu Matt Belesky looks like he's on the bubble, if not in trouble.

Nice to be looking forward to some quality prospects down the road:

Howden

Andersson

Chytil

Rykov

Hajek

Rob O’Gara

all kinda knocking on the door soon or relatively soon.

and first round picks #7 #26 and #31 who we have no idea about yet , aside from speculation at:

http://www.mynhldraft.com/NHL-Mock-Draft/

Did I forget anyone?

Lindgren who is a good get, from what I've read.

It's funny how we went from 2 legit players in the system to 7 and eventually 12 (if you include the first 5 picks in this years draft). That's quite a turn around.

i actually thought he did well in the WJC, maybe you were watching jt miller highlights lol just kidding but anyway most people like him and feel he was already highly regarded and his stock has risen along with

Hajek

I said he looked like a nhl player. Just not a star in the making. Amazing how my post reads negative to you. So he didn’t show like chabot or mcavoy, how many do? He played well but he didn’t jump off the screen we me trying to figure out who he belonged to. That isn’t negative.

Howden?s weakness is his skating so there is that. Both prospects in every single site and publication is projected as a 3rd line center and a 4-6 defenseman. That is only a projection but that?s what they are considered today. I think Howden is the safer bet but Hajek has a higher ceiling.

How old were these scouting reports

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Not without an AHL stint first. I can't recall the last WHL to NHL jump besides Barzal.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Dont get me wrong I prefer he goes to the AHL as well. I never like rushing guys, even if their talent might dictate that they are ready- their physical readiness is usually another story.

But if he does okay in the AHL or during pre-season/early season I am sure we will see him play at some point.

I actually don’t see him getting more than a half season. He wasn’t that far off this season.

Well, it might come down to whether or not its worth giving him 4th line minutes in the NHL vs. top-line minutes in the AHL, unless they move 2 of Namestnikov and Chytil/Andersson to the wing, which I guess isn't a huge reach.

They'd also have to move Hayes - which I'm assuming they will.

Issues developing sure. Issues within the Locker room never heard of it. Read the posts here them taking miller was put like they were doing is a favor. Or ?we had to get rid of him?.

Why is this an issue for me? Because justifying this trade based of a made up narrative that miller was worthless is flat out wrong.

Today is a new day and I?m moving on. The trade is done. I was hoping there was actual proof to the poster after poster regurgitating the crap about miller. This is what?s ?comical.? Lol lol. There is nothing but a poster on here with ?sources? that led to this narrative. Some people believe anything they read on the internet and this is proof of that.

Common sense post, among others on this topic, imo.

Oh the wonderful anonymity world of the internet. I subscribe to the old adage; believe half of what you see and none of what you read, especially when the phrase " anonymous sources " rears its ugly head.

I apologise if i missed it, but what is the price tag on this guy? Over 4?

Probably just over $4m. I can't imagine he'd be much cheaper than Miller, so, as an aside, I don't think the reason they traded JTM was because they didn't think they could afford him.

you say it doesnt matter yet you still make a point to bring it up as well as his "bad" skating which actually isnt bad at all

Lotta people bringing negativity into something they know nothing about.

It's a weird time to be a fan but it's also an exciting time. Let's see who these kids are before we criticize them. Let's see what this team looks like after the draft, after July 1st, after training camp. Lots of unanswered questions. They're getting back players who are of playing age and hopefully drafting a kid who can jump right in. I don't think this is going to be as painful as the "sky is falling crew" is making it out to be.

i think you are overrating miller a bit. Plus you would probably have to give him a big raise....is he really worth it?

I am reading a lot of quoted posts here. But I agree with FF. Why is Miller being treated as a throw in? Im not a fan of the guy, yet think he will do much better in Tampa (he should get some golden opportunities now due to some injuries).

Im still on the unhappy side about this trade. Should have gotten more and feel some are just happy about any kind of change that comes. I kinda get that. I just feel they didn't manage assets good enough. Feel like this is a similar return to what they got for Leetch. New faces with little hype and little production at the end.

IMO, gotta get mote for ypur top D man and a 40+ point 24 y/o forward. I don't value Tampas draft picks. Its not as big of a score as some make it sound. The Rangers still only have 1- 1st rounder likely to be in the top 7.

Miller for Namestnikov is far more of a one for one swap than some are acknowledging. Miller and Namestnikov are the same age. They were drafted the same year. Namestnikov's path to the NHL has been longer because of center depth in Tampa. It's hard to crack a lineup when you look at the center depth the Lightning have had over the last few years. Wasn't really until this season that he's been used in a more offensive role. He's a far more well rounded player than Miller. He's maybe not as dynamic as Miller, but you're getting someone who's more than capable of doing well.

Miller for Namestnikov is far more of a one for one swap than some are acknowledging. Miller and Namestnikov are the same age. They were drafted the same year. Namestnikov's path to the NHL has been longer because of center depth in Tampa. It's hard to crack a lineup when you look at the center depth the Lightning have had over the last few years. Wasn't really until this season that he's been used in a more offensive role. He's a far more well rounded player than Miller. He's maybe not as dynamic as Miller, but you're getting someone who's more than capable of doing well.

Agreed that it's kind of a 1-for-1, almost a hockey trade. TBL gets more explosive and NYR gets another two-way center.

I think that Miller was kind of a throw in though, even if he's close to a wash with Namestnikov.

Archived