• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Ryan McDonagh, J.T. Miller Headed to the Lightning

ClearedForContact

McD had long been one of my favorite Rangers, but it's hard to disagree with this. They probably moved him at the perfect time, rather than being sentimental about it. Same with Miller before he gets 5+ mill per over a lengthy contract.

I liked him too, don’t get me wrong, but if he was injured every year, you can’t keep him. I would rather pay Miller the $5M over Hayes though. Miller, IMO, is a better player. I don’t see Hayes worth that money, which I think he is going to get from them.

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't think Miller stats are that great in the playoffs, but I would like to separate the times where he was being used on the 4th Line versus the times he was being used in the top six. Just to blanket the 57 games and not talk about deployment is disingenuous.

Hockey's hard. The players we gave up were good.

But for that group of players the song remains the same. 0 goals in the last 2 games. Sloppy goals against and no final push. Of course there are other players on the roster but it looks awfully familiar to me. I was rooting for them but I'm happy with where the Rangers are right now.

Don't understand the lack of initiative. from the day you pick up a stick as a kid, you want to score. And yet in the biggest games of their lives, this group again showed all intensity you would associate with a September exhibition game.

I don't think Miller stats are that great in the playoffs, but I would like to separate the times where he was being used on the 4th Line versus the times he was being used in the top six. Just to blanket the 57 games and not talk about deployment is disingenuous.

Like this year, when he got bumped from the 1st line to the 3rd line because he wasn't scoring

He has 5 goals in like 80 playoff games OHL/AHL/NHL

He's not a goal scorer, nor does he seem to excel when the going gets tough.

He's young, and that can change, but it's indisputable at this point.

Archived