• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Ryan McDonagh, J.T. Miller Headed to the Lightning

ClearedForContact

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Josh: We need gritty forwards who can skate and score in the middle 6.

Also Josh: I don't like Miller.

Miller: Hold my beer, brah

*Proceeds to excel in said role on playoff team

*Josh proceeds to fail at one liners and fanfiction on interwebz

How about Mac??? Scores his first goal tonight for the Bolts AND is the only player on the whole team with a PLUS rating in a 7-4 beat down. Holy hell I'm gonna miss that stud D Man. Miller crushing as well. OT but played NHL 18 as the Bolts today and Miller sniped like crazy on that top line, figures he'd go off tonight.. Foreshadowing I suppose LOL.

But seriously.. Mac with the 2nd most TOI and only player on the team that was a Plus. Guy is such a stud.

• 2 months later...

Hockey's hard. The players we gave up were good.

But for that group of players the song remains the same. 0 goals in the last 2 games. Sloppy goals against and no final push. Of course there are other players on the roster but it looks awfully familiar to me. I was rooting for them but I'm happy with where the Rangers are right now.

Hockey's hard. The players we gave up were good.

But for that group of players the song remains the same. 0 goals in the last 2 games. Sloppy goals against and no final push. Of course there are other players on the roster but it looks awfully familiar to me. I was rooting for them but I'm happy with where the Rangers are right now.

Yup. Same can be said for guys like Nash and Grabner this playoffs, they provided very little (no surprise, sadly) when it was needed most. It was time to move on from this collective bunch IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Yup. Same can be said for guys like Nash and Grabner this playoffs, they provided very little (no surprise, sadly) when it was needed most. It was time to move on from this collective bunch IMO.

Yup. I think we all knew it before this playoff though. Its just the final nail in the coffin.

Good lord what a time to completely shit the bed and at home no less.

For over half of Game 7, Tampa dominated, but just ran into a cold spell as far as finishing goes. It happens. It also didn't help that they didn't get the goaltending they needed from Vaz in Game 7. The first goal was soft and the next two, while not soft, were stoppable by a goalie who is on his game. That is not to say DC didn't deserve to win this series. They had the better of the play over seven games and played fabulous textbook defense. Don't be writing off the Bolts or their X Rangers. This time last year everyone was saying that Washington's window had passed blah blah blah.

Very unimpressed with the playoff performances by all ex-Rangers this trade deadline. Good job by a Gorton unloading.

Miller has looked the best of the bunch. McD was invisible this entire playoffs as he was the entire season with the Rangers. He has to be nursing some sort of injury (has this been announced yet?) because I cant believe he just had that bad of a season for no reason.

Nash was Nash.

Miller has looked the best of the bunch. McD was invisible this entire playoffs as he was the entire season with the Rangers. He has to be nursing some sort of injury (has this been announced yet?) because I cant believe he just had that bad of a season for no reason.

Nash was Nash.

His hand was fucked up, from what I heard.

Nash was Nash.

His hand was fucked up, from what I heard.

Makes sense. Dude did not look like his usual self at all throughout the entire season.

This has been the issue with McD for the past couple of years. He has played like shit the past 3 years, and every year it’s been because of an injury. It looks like they made the right choice in moving him, honestly.

This has been the issue with McD for the past couple of years. He has played like shit the past 3 years, and every year it?s been because of an injury. It looks like they made the right choice in moving him, honestly.

McD had long been one of my favorite Rangers, but it's hard to disagree with this. They probably moved him at the perfect time, rather than being sentimental about it. Same with Miller before he gets 5+ mill per over a lengthy contract.

Archived