• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Ryan McDonagh, J.T. Miller Headed to the Lightning

ClearedForContact

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I understand. But sometimes you can figure out who is lying and who isn’t. It’s easier to just not believe anything, but being slightly open minded to some posters on here may give a better idea on certain topics. That’s why certain members post some info.

Also, I posted that about Miller 4 days before he was traded. I had also posted that Hayes and Vesey were not good locker room guys either. I never said Miller was a cancer. “Not goos locker room guys” could mean other things. I also said I didn’t pry for examples. I will state exactly what I was told, and will openly admit to not knowing every detail rather than making things up.

https://nypost.com/2018/02/27/breaking-down-why-rangers-chose-to-move-mcdonagh-miller/

From Larry Brooks:

The Rangers had become convinced J.T. Miller’s coachability issues were not linked to Vigneault and they were concerned he had regressed in his work habits and off-ice preparation, according to individuals familiar with the inner dynamic.

I’m by no means lashing out at you. I made my point before and I tried to do it without offending. I bring up other points and get rided for a love affair with miller so I made the point again not meaning anything towards you. Sorry for that but I didn’t think my issue orginally posted was out of line or without merit

I’m sure your inside knowledge is great. However I mean this with zero disrespect, I have zero idea what your name is no less your source. It’s the internet. Honestly can’t tell you how many times people have made up shit on here alone let alone Twitter. Again I have no idea who you are let alone anyone else.

You know the rangers were very open with that ludicrous letter. Why if they are so open wouldn’t something be somewhere in some kind of report. I would imagine if you’re right we will hear it sooner rather than later.

You do realize you apparently have great influence here. I’m rather new to this site. When the trade was announced almost everyone here hated the deal and before the players we were getting was announced people were all saying that we better be getting sergachev with miller involved.

You make a post regarding miller in the locker room and to a man gave the reason for many to justify the trade. If you’re right it does justify it mostly. It’s just amazing how people at least those like myself who have no idea who you are can just trust that info as fact without any other source anywhere collaborating it. I’m just not wired that way. Hard to believe a username and a ghost. And in return nobody should take me all that serious either for the same reason.

You referenced a post I made earlier and just wanted you to know I don't expect anyone to put any value or stock in things like that, just was an observation I felt was in the theme of what was being talked about

This. There should be no "I told you they were good enough" posts if they do win. We never had a Stamkos, Hedman, or Kucherov.

Miraculous turn-around after they missed the play-offs last year with those same 3 guys. No one could have predicted their success this year, nor could the play of their goalie have been foreseen, imo.

Go Rangers!!

Finally got through this thread and had some time to watch Namestnikov pull a Grabner. I think the returns on Nash and Grabner might have set my expectations for a McDonagh return higher than what we got, but that could also be because I have no idea who most prospects are.

I really would have liked to see Miller packaged with one of our picks at the draft to move up. We still have that option in either a package around Zucc or Hayes, but I'd like to keep both of those.

I'll reserve any judgment on Namestnikov until I see him play with our players, not Stamkos and Kucherov. Bridge deal for him over the summer would be absolutely fine. (Somewhat off topic, are bridge deals always one year?)

Overall, Gorton did great in getting us roster players, picks, and prospects. Having 3 first rounders is huge.

This was a very fair deal, potentially 2 first round picks, 2 prospects (one that could possibly turn out to be better than Dahlin) and a young solid, quick NHL center (can never have too much center depth) for a 30 year old defenseman beginning his back 9 with some injury concerns along with an inconsistent forward which could be blamed on coaching or locker room, whatever the case may be. Although I liked both players, they were both expendable and we got a fair return. Now the only thing that concerns me is flipping some of these picks to either move up to the first spot or trade for players. 1) I don't really care for taking a defenseman with the fist pick, rather get a winger than can score and 2) make all the picks and build a young, deep, fast and strong team as that's the direction the league is going towards. Thank you

This was a very fair deal, potentially 2 first round picks, 2 prospects (one that could possibly turn out to be better than Dahlin) and a young solid, quick NHL center (can never have too much center depth) for a 30 year old defenseman beginning his back 9 with some injury concerns along with an inconsistent forward which could be blamed on coaching or locker room, whatever the case may be. Although I liked both players, they were both expendable and we got a fair return. Now the only thing that concerns me is flipping some of these picks to either move up to the first spot or trade for players. 1) I don't really care for taking a defenseman with the fist pick, rather get a winger than can score and 2) make all the picks and build a young, deep, fast and strong team as that's the direction the league is going towards. Thank you

Lot's of folks coming out of the woodwork today. :)

Im guessing McD was dealt at a slight discount because of what ever injury he has. He still hasn't played for Tampa, and its not likely that he gets in a game this week.

So i guess they got fair value. Hes banged up, as usual.

Doubt it. His value doesn't start being calculated until the playoffs start, especially since he's a two-year rental.

Doubt it. His value doesn't start being calculated until the playoffs start, especially since he's a two-year rental.
I agree with this wholeheartedly. He only needs to get a few games in before the playoffs to be effective. Basically get your top seed and have him as an ace in the hole.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

2 more goals for Miller tonight.

It sucks. probably worse for you, being a fan.

I never liked the kid, just wish we had another year or so to see if he could get it together on a consistent basis. Was wishing for a JT-JT-Zucc line. But, that's a long shot, and the quickest way to see if the kid can take it to the next level was a change of scenery.

Well yeah we have no Stamkos or Point. No Kuch or Headman either. Should I throw in Stralman and Sergachev for more support of a deep forward group? Tampa scores goals.

Also, they don't have AV. Cooper is a breath of fresh air for JT's psyche.

Archived