• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Ryan McDonagh, J.T. Miller Headed to the Lightning

ClearedForContact

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Damn nothing has made you slightly happy in any of these deals has it?

I liked the Nash deal. This one is very iffy. Too iffy. But I guess that was what he was worth. I still feel that a teams failure in the playoffs could drive a team to try to improve over the summer. I feel teams are a bit less attached to their roster come off season. More willing to make changes on paper, than mid season. Especially if they are close and missing a certain aspect.

The problem is sergachev is deemed untouchable, then point, then Foote. Oh and no roster players but you can have Namestnikov. The rangers were trading a top defenseman wanted by multiple teams. They threw in a 24 year old who everybody thinks sucks yet is one of their leading scorers the past three years. It?s ok for Gorton to say fine then we will pass until you?re willing to trade something that hurts too.

I think the haul is ok but just ok. There is nothing coming back that is guarneteed core going forward. Maybe this will end up being a home run maybe a bust. It just seems like Yzerman dictates extactly the deal he wanted and we took nothing that hurt. Namestikov does not excite me at all. I?d rather he not be something of value coming to us. The rangers are going to negotiate a contract with this guy based on numbers put up with Stamkos and Kucherov as his line mates? How do you even determine what he?ll be without playing with superstars? What do you pay him?

First, we did get Tampa's 1st in 2018 and their 2nd in 2019 that coukld upgrade to a 1st.

We all knew Point was untouchable, but SY made a big stink about the need to keep Sergachev. Then deadline eve he announces a firm line in the sand on Foote, which certainly seems like he is dictating.

Second issue is that when we imagine Miller being added to the McD deal, the hope is we now can get their top prospects or Serg. Instead we got Namestikov.

So I feel ya, but I think the biggest disapointment is what Dunny and I talked about awhile ago and on the other thread I started yesterday. That this deal would include Raddysh or Katchouk. Subtracting Hajek for Foote is OK by me, I want top skaters. Given SY's terms, Raddysh should have been included. Even if it took waiving the "condition" on 2019.

I really like Howden. I think he was kind of overshadowed by their two top prospects but I see some one similar to stepan but has the size and skating ability to take it to a higher level

His stock is way up. Rightfully so. He succeeds at every level. I originally wanted Raddysh but I believe I was mistaken.

For now, we can just be TBL fans since half our friggin’ team plays there — and somehow with greater success and appreciation than they had here.

I can't. That's like cheering for a guy you know to plow an ex you still want to be with.

For now, we can just be TBL fans since half our friggin’ team plays there — and somehow with greater success and appreciation than they had here.

They're all role players. That's how. Callahan is on the 4th line or in the press box. Girardi is on the 3rd pair. Hell, Mcdonagh is going to be their #3.

Why do people take such offense to agreeing with the direction of the team. Thinking that Nash and grabner trades were good ones but thinking trading a legit top pair defenseman and a 24 year old who is one of your leading scores and both under contract so not rentals puts you in a position to demand one if the five prospects they deemed off limits. Sure Tampa could say no but they are the ones needing the trade today. Surely there were good deals to be made at the draft if need be. We are all reading scouting reports so no nobody knows these guys as well as we know the guys in the league. What I do know is that Tampa wouldn’t give us sergachev, point, Foote. Did they say no to katchook and radissyh too or was that our call?

What’s amazing is that as of 3pm today mcd is a washed up overrated mush head and miller is a cancer. Where the hell did that come from? Why does everybody seem to want them and why did tampa decide to add them to an already top team with sights on the cup? We will not know how this trade pans out for years. I’m not basing my opinion on that.

Again Nash gets a first, a decent roster player and a decent prospect and he’s a pure rental

Mcd and miller are not rentals and they get the same plus a good prospect and a conditional first/second. Am I missing something?

It’s not a complaining. I like most of what they did here I just think the last trade was poor. Adding miller into this deal makes no sense to me. What would the deal have looked like with no miller? Would that mean no Namestnikov, that would seem like good value for mcd.

Why do people take such offense to agreeing with the direction of the team. Thinking that Nash and grabner trades were good ones but thinking trading a legit top pair defenseman and a 24 year old who is one of your leading scores and both under contract so not rentals puts you in a position to demand one if the five prospects they deemed off limits. Sure Tampa could say no but they are the ones needing the trade today. Surely there were good deals to be made at the draft if need be. We are all reading scouting reports so no nobody knows these guys as well as we know the guys in the league. What I do know is that Tampa wouldn?t give us sergachev, point, Foote. Did they say no to katchook and radissyh too or was that our call?

What?s amazing is that as of 3pm today mcd is a washed up overrated mush head and miller is a cancer. Where the hell did that come from? Why does everybody seem to want them and why did tampa decide to add them to an already top team with sights on the cup? We will not know how this trade pans out for years. I?m not basing my opinion on that.

Again Nash gets a first, a decent roster player and a decent prospect and he?s a pure rental

Mcd and miller are not rentals and they get the same plus a good prospect and a conditional first/second. Am I missing something?

It?s not a complaining. I like most of what they did here I just think the last trade was poor. Adding miller into this deal makes no sense to me. What would the deal have looked like with no miller? Would that mean no Namestnikov, that would seem like good value for mcd.

it definetly was not a poor trade. If you think we were better off with a different piece thats fair BUT the return was not poor at all not even close

Mcd is their 3 behind hedman and who?

McDonagh may be on their second pairing, but will be out there against the opponents top line. More than likely partner with Stralman, but maybe Serg.

Trade itself stinks of Sather. I'm not saying it will be a bad deal in the end, but I do wish we did a better job negotiating with Yzerman.

Good luck to McDonagh in Tampa. Hope the guy gets himself a Cup this or next year.

Tomas tartar 407 games 222 points

Miller 341 games 172 points

Tartar 5.3m 3 or 4 more years with a ntc kicking in next year

Miller 2.8m going into rfa this summer

Miller has outscored him the last two years and is younger and better suited for playoff hockey

miller hasnt exactly had many big playoff moments. Obviously you are a big miller fan which is fine and Although he showed some good flashes he was too inconsistent especially in his own zone

So Stralman is a better defenseman now. On what planet? Stralman is very good but Ryan McDonagh was the bedrock of this defense core here throughout all the success here. Outside of hank mcd was their best player by a lot. Now today Anton Stralman is better. Do people really forget how good mcd was here? I don’t want to pay him either but would Anton Stralman be so good paired with Holden instead of hedman?

Archived