• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Ryan McDonagh, J.T. Miller Headed to the Lightning

ClearedForContact

What did we give up?

A 45 point headcase and a D man we ran in to the ground who, if he isn't on the back 9 of his career, he's in the clubhouse getting a sandwich at the turn.

If the two prospects were Foote and Raddysh would it change your mind?

It's worth noting that the untouchable Point was a mid 3rd round pick three years ago.

I like shiny things.

It just sucks seeing that we got the 3rd best C prospect, 4th best D prospect, and a player they didnt want... for our biggest trade piece. A little underwhelming - today.

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What did we give up?

A 45 point headcase and a D man we ran in to the ground who, if he isn't on the back 9 of his career, he's in the clubhouse getting a sandwich at the turn.

It's worth noting that the untouchable Point was a mid 3rd round pick three years ago.

Right on. It's simply impossible to know how this trade works out until maybe three years from now. What if this 1st round pick helps them move into the top 5 of the draft and they use that to get a stud? I mean it's impossible to know.

You can’t change someone who is just an asshole. If Torts and AV couldn’t get through to him, I doubt Cooper can.

My gut is to agree, makes sense. Until you think about AVs hands off approach and Tort's disinterest in dealing with people. He only likes animals.

Meanwhile this stuff is right up Cooper's alley. Some might question Cooper's forte with X and Os, but managing players and a team is his deal.

What did we give up?

A 45 point headcase and a D man we ran in to the ground who, if he isn't on the back 9 of his career, is in the clubhouse getting a sandwich at the turn.

Fuckin A rights

I like shiny things.

It just sucks seeing that we got the 3rd best C prospect, 4th best D prospect, and a player they didnt want... for our biggest trade piece. A little underwhelming - today.

They're stacked.

They would be the 1C and 1D prospects in our system. And they are. Today!

But, time will tell.

What did we give up?

A 45 point headcase and a D man we ran in to the ground who, if he isn't on the back 9 of his career, is in the clubhouse getting a sandwich at the turn.

This. The Rangers could?ve possibly gotten more but the return was good. Both Hajek and Howden are very close to the NHL and are likely NHL players given their well rounded play.

Namestnikov gives you another trade chip if you want.

The picks are picks. Those are needed.

Right on. It's simply impossible to know how this trade works out until maybe three years from now. What if this 1st round pick helps them move into the top 5 of the draft and they use that to get a stud? I mean it's impossible to know.

Everyone complains about giving up picks, now we have 3 in the first round and they’re mad because they’ll be late picks coming from playoff teams. Well what the fuck were we when we traded 1st rounders? Amazeballs.

And yes I?m driving the train for a rebuild but this trade wants me to bang my head against a wall. Great moves with grabner and Nash. I was really excited to see what Gorton did next especially with our biggest chip. The trade he made today made no sense. Miller mcd and maybe a pick or two gets you draistl possibly. Instead we got what? Nobody of consequence and nobody who?s upside is greater than millers.

It makes perfect sense. You are just making up your own scenario. This is thebest offer we were gonna get otherwise Gorton would have pulled the trigger with another team. I think you are overvauling what we had. Mcdonagh isn't the same player he used to be and miller is what he is. We were never getting the ri top prospect never ever. We got two real good prospects two high picks and another player that may even be flipped for another high pick possibly. I mean that's a good and realistic haul to me

The problem is sergachev is deemed untouchable, then point, then Foote. Oh and no roster players but you can have Namestnikov. The rangers were trading a top defenseman wanted by multiple teams. They threw in a 24 year old who everybody thinks sucks yet is one of their leading scorers the past three years. It?s ok for Gorton to say fine then we will pass until you?re willing to trade something that hurts too.

I think the haul is ok but just ok. There is nothing coming back that is guarneteed core going forward. Maybe this will end up being a home run maybe a bust. It just seems like Yzerman dictates extactly the deal he wanted and we took nothing that hurt. Namestikov does not excite me at all. I?d rather he not be something of value coming to us. The rangers are going to negotiate a contract with this guy based on numbers put up with Stamkos and Kucherov as his line mates? How do you even determine what he?ll be without playing with superstars? What do you pay him?

ok I think is being generous, the best asset Namestikov has was who he played alongside. There's no slam dunks here as far as building a great core. Hartford could be more competitive going forward though if nothing else. Gonna be hard to watch this, some of the analyst a short time ago were saying look the Rangers are going to be good and maybe win a cup in the next 6,7,8 years. How cool is that? I wonder if anybody sells patience by the truck load because that's exactly what I'm going to need here.

Everyone complains about giving up picks, now we have 3 in the first round and they’re mad because they’ll be late picks coming from playoff teams. Well what the fuck were we when we traded 1st rounders? Amazeballs.

People complained about the Grabner deal. People complained about the Nash deal. People complained about the McDonaugh deal...

I don't think there's ever been a deal that satisfied everyone. The amount of prospects and picks we've gotten from those three trades is downright astounding. We have 3 first round picks. 5 top 50. That's how you build a team. Period. AND if we keep losing, which it looks like we will, our pick will be insane.

Everyone complains about giving up picks, now we have 3 in the first round and they?re mad because they?ll be late picks coming from playoff teams. Well what the fuck were we when we traded 1st rounders? Amazeballs.

Exactly this. This is what it?s like being on the other side of deadline deals. It?s not like we were handing out lottery picks when we got Yandle and St. Louis. Accept that you got a lot of prospects and are replenishing the pool quickly.

some people like to complain for the sake of complaining. Most of these 'experts" don't even know who these prospects are they just hear things and assume we got hosed. Also when it comes to picks we were never getting lotter picks it was always gonna be late 1st rounders just like every big deadline deal

I'm pretty sure they were really targeting D-men, too. (Duh) They drafted Chytil and Andersson and, given the chance, will likely move in to a spot to get another premium forward with their 1st pick this year.

That left the garbage fire of their organizational D-men to deal with. Pionk, Gilmour, Graves, Pedrie, Bereglazov shitting the bed.. These aren't the answers to anything. DeAngelo is a complete wildcard, and he was the only true respectable D prospect in the entire organization. They virtually solved that problem over the past three days.

some people like to complain for the sake of complaining. Most of these 'experts" don't even know who these prospects are they just hear things and assume we got hosed. Also when it comes to picks we were never getting lotter picks it was always gonna be late 1st rounders just like every big deadline deal

I don’t know the prospects, and honestly wouldn’t give a fuck if it were you and Youngblood. Because of my experience in the game, with scouts, knowing players, etc ... I trust they got the best guys they could get in the deals made. We’ve been watching the same guys lose for a while, lets try a different cast.

Exactly this. This is what it’s like being on the other side of deadline deals. It’s not like we were handing out lottery picks when we got Yandle and St. Louis. Accept that you got a lot of prospects and are replenishing the pool quickly.

With quality, to boot. Not just warm bodies. Sure, they still lack A+ prospects with elite-level ceilings, but right now there's a boatload of B+ quality restocking what, before this, were empty cupboards.

I don?t know the prospects, and honestly wouldn?t give a fuck if it were you and Youngblood. Because of my experience in the game, with scouts, knowing players, etc ... I trust they got the best guys they could get in the deals made. We?ve been watching the same guys lose for a while, lets try a different cast.

I was agreeing with you Mikey lol. I think Gorton has done a great job this past week

With quality, to boot. Not just warm bodies. Sure, they still lack A+ prospects with elite-level ceilings, but right now there's a boatload of B+ quality restocking what, before this, were empty cupboards.

I would bet that one of Chytil/Andersson/Howden become a legit 1st liner.

Miller is a great player... for a few games a season. Has that Kovalev quality about him, with out the skill.

Wouldn't doubt that that speed and all put offense that Tampa can pick him up. Hrs got no excuses now. He's on one of THE best teams the league has seen in a very long time. Very deep and still has all their game changer prospects...

Agreed. I still feel many fans are still down on the andersson pick for some reason just because he was looked at as the "safe" pick. I love the pick and obviously Chytil looks more like a steal at 21

I think it's pretty clear that both kids could be on this team right now over some of the other players we have. They just don't want to burn a year -- which is smart

Archived