• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Ryan McDonagh, J.T. Miller Headed to the Lightning

ClearedForContact

What does that have to do with anything? He's a top 3-5 player in the league and the greatest Senator ever. His career is also far from over.

Yes he is a great defenseman. I would love to get lucky and get Dahlin. but iwould be pissed if we traded all of our top picks just for one guy. I mean we are already guaranteed to get a great pick based on where we will end up. This a very good draft and having 5 picks in the top 50 is a great position to be in for the future of this club

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tend to agree with you based on a couple of things:

1) he's rarely if ever featured in Rangers PR promotional segments despite being home grown

2) the interaction with D.Boyle a few years ago where Dan basically "son'd" him and put him in his corner as the whole team sat and watched when Miller suggested a boneheaded decision

3) I haven't seen much of an off-ice relationship with other players, again, despite coming through the system. Even Skjei hangs out with Hayes/Vesey, Buch with Kreider/Zib, Zucc with everyone, you get it.

Can someone fill me in on this one?

Not blaming anyone. Implying that if Zadina is an elite goal scorer, he'd be more impactful than a D-man, especially when surrounded with multiple other high picks.

Doughty is the last "high pick D" to win a cup and that was 10 years ago. But they also had Brown and Kopitar score a ppg in the playoffs. Carter, Richards, and Mr. Clutch Justin Williams. and Quick was unbeatable.

The second cup Kopitar, Carter, and Williams all score 25 or 26 points in 26 games and Gaborik scored 14 goals.

Point being, forwards that can score are more important than 1 d-man, no matter how good that d-man is.

Hard to quantify something like that when the #1 Dman is playing half the game in the finals. Look at all the cup winning teams in the last 10 years or so. They all have or had beast #1 Dmen. It's necessary to have someone you can lean on for 30 minutes.

See, I'd disagree with this. Dahlin could be our Karlsson. A FRANCHISE player. I'm willing to move heaven and earth to get him.

That said, 3 first round picks is not bad thing. Ever. If we can't swing a deal to move up, I will not be hurt.

That?s working out really well for Ottawa. That supporting cast around Karlsson is top notch.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

That’s working out really well for Ottawa. That supporting cast around Karlsson is top notch.

Exactly. I wouldn't be against moving up BUT I'm sure the asking price will be sky high and I dont think it will help us in the long run especially since getting in the top 7 in this draft will give you a really good player anyway

Hard to quantify something like that when the #1 Dman is playing half the game in the finals. Look at all the cup winning teams in the last 10 years or so. They all have or had beast #1 Dmen. It's necessary to have someone you can lean on for 30 minutes.

Is it though? If you replace Doughty on those teams with McD or John Carlson does it make them lose? I'm not saying a minute eating #1 D isn't valuable. I'm saying recent history proves they aren't really "worth" a top 5 pick when there are 40 goal scores on the board.

Who is more important to Tampa, Hedman or Stamkos/Kucherov?

I'm assuming this is a joke. Again, it's not Karlsson's fault his team is trash. He's a game breaker. Period.

But it has everything to do with what you said. You said you?d rather trade up. That means losing assets and losing a supporting cast around him. You?re going all in on one player and that doesn?t work, and we?ve seen this literal example not work in Ottawa.

My first reactions, given Miller was included:

How did we not get either Raddysh or Katchouk in the deal? Would have made more sense the the conditional 2nd.

How did SY manage to substitute Hajek for Foote.

Psyched we zeroed in on Howden always felt he was key to a deal with Tampa, though he is not ranked as highly as Lias in most any top 50 or 100 prospects.

Namestikov for Miller - we kinda get a young steady center for an errratic and emotional but strong winger with a little more skill. I'd be OK with this deal stright up since he's a C. A wash though.

So we got Howden, Hajek and a 1 + a cond 2 for McD.

Yzerman did well. For us, it is yet to be determined. A lot riding on Howden and Hajek.

My first reactions, given Miller was included:

How did we not get either Raddysh or Katchouk in the deal? Would have made more sense the the conditional 2nd.

How did SY manage to substitute Hajek for Foote.

Psyched we zeroed in on Howden always felt he was key to a deal with Tampa, though he is not ranked as highly as Lias in most any top 50 or 100 prospects.

Namestikov for Miller - we kinda get a young steady center for an errratic and emotional but strong winger with a little more skill. I'd be OK with this deal stright up since he's a C. A wash though.

So we got Howden, Hajek and a 1 + a cond 2 for McD.

Yzerman did well. For us, it is yet to be determined. A lot riding on Howden and Hajek.

Hajek is better than Foote. He's a much better overall defenseman and skater. Foote has always been overrated.

Man, considering how few games I watch these days, this Deadline feels like everyone I still knew on the team is gone. Except Henrik, well and Zucc.

Hope it will be for a better future at least.

Yeah but it was the right thing. they went for it like 5-6 times every deadline with this group BUT they could just never finish the job. I like that over the past 2 years we have concentrated on recouping all those lost draft picks and tried to get younger. I'm also glad we are staying away from bad for bad contracts for older veterans(Smith was a mistake but cant be perfect lol)

Hajek is better than Foote. He's a much better overall defenseman and skater. Foote has always been overrated.

Drew, hoping Hajek turns out better than Foote and fits what we want more simply because of his skating. However, right now everyone, including Tampa (who knows best) think Foote is better. He is considered extremely reliable in his own end, great at positioning and very agile and athletic. He is the highest ranked Tampa prospect by all the services.

Eh screw that, hoping you're right.

I'll trust many of you on the prospect front, much better versed than I am... The draft is the real key here, 5 top 50 picks in a deep draft is a chance to really change fortunes... And thats assuming there are no pre-draft deals.

Gorton and the scouting guys better buckle in and knock this shit out of the park.

Yeah but it was the right thing. they went for it like 5-6 times every deadline with this group BUT they could just never finish the job. I like that over the past 2 years we have concentrated on recouping all those lost draft picks and tried to get younger. I'm also glad we are staying away from bad for bad contracts for older veterans(Smith was a mistake but cant be perfect lol)

I know, it's just harder for me to stay connected, since I am so far away (Europe) and unlike the NFL, the NHL doesn't have many games I can watch in the evening. ;)

But I made it through the pre first lock-out years, so I will make it through the next years too. As long there's hope.

I know, it's just harder for me to stay connected, since I am so far away (Europe) and unlike the NFL, the NHL doesn't have many games I can watch in the evening. ;)

But I made it through the pre first lock-out years, so I will make it through the next years too. As long there's hope.

Just be ready for next year to be a tough year at least when it comes to win/losses. However in the longrun I think the Rangers are building something good. Obviously we need to hit the right buttons in the draft and this rebuild can hopefully happen quicker

Archived