• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Ryan McDonagh, J.T. Miller Headed to the Lightning

ClearedForContact

There is no joy in Mudville, mighty Gorton has struck out.

No way No way No way do you give up McD and Miller without getting their top prospect.

Gorton was just too committed to trading McD and doing it now (nice letter). It clearly undermined his bargaining position and Stevie knew it. This reminds me of when the Red announced that they would not give up any of their starting 8 players for Seaver and the Mets caved and got "prospects" who turned into little.

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Miller for Namestnikov is a wash. Mcdonagh had to bring back more "can't miss" potential. Doesn't seem like they accomplished that. Rangers lost this trade from a value standpoint. We obviously will not know the results of this trade for a while, but today it stings.

Howden is that. He's a gold medal team Canada captain and overall C powerhouse. Think Andersson, but slightly better.

Completely unsurprising that this board is miserable with the deal. Miller and Namestnikov as a wash, the Rangers just got a former 1st round forward, a former 2nd round defenseman, a 1st rounder and a 2nd that could turn into a 1st for McDonagh. You set yourselves up for disappointment expecting what Yzerman said what wasn't available. That's a solid and hefty haul.

Completely unsurprising that this board is miserable with the deal. Miller and Namestnikov as a wash, the Rangers just got a former 1st round forward, a former 2nd round defenseman, a 1st rounder and a 2nd that could turn into a 1st for McDonagh. You set yourselves up for disappointment expecting what Yzerman said what wasn't available. That's a solid and hefty haul.

Exactly.

I think the sting comes from losing McD. He was fuckin awesome.

Howden capped off the 2018 World Junior Championship with a gold medal, and finished second in points among Canadians with three goals and four assists. Although Howden entered the tournament earmarked for a depth role on the team, he quickly proved his leadership capabilities and offensive worth, especially by capitalizing regularly on special teams for the eventual gold medalists.

Despite suspicion that he could have made the Lightning this fall, having AHL eligibility next year will likely give the team less motivation to rush him into an NHL role in 2018. He'll have to leave no room for doubt from now until next October if he'd like to avoid time in the AHL.

https://dobberprospects.com/brett-howden/

Plus if you *really* look at it, we've traded all that we've traded this year for what *could* be just Ryan McDonagh (and Miller but that's sort of a wash) should either Grabner/Nash come back.

We did good boys. It's not sexy or flashy, but isn't that what the Rangers were blamed for in the past? This is solid.

I liek Namestnikov and think we needed that scoring touch even if we lose grit.

Helps galvanize the talented Russian group - Buchnevich, Shestyorkin, Namestnikov, Rykov, (and Kovalchuck ;)

Chytil and Hajek offer more synergy

Alex Nunn

‏ @aj_ranger

9m9 minutes ago

Hajek had an outstanding 2018 World Juniors for Filip Chytil's Czech team. One of the best players there.

And the word on Howden is leadership streak.

It's going to take time and it's not all gonna work out as planned, but it's a new road ahead that is not a salary cap disaster and there's a lot of talent coming into the system.

I'm going to try to have patience, cos I have no other choice, but there's things here I like, especially Namestnikov.

Now, can this team manage it all. Or rather ... who will manage it?

we couldn't get one of Foote, Sergachev, Koekoek??? TB doesn't even need Koekoek, Foote will likely deal them in the offseason for better than what they lost

IMO you trade for Foote / Sergachev you lose the 1st/2nd* and maybe downgrade Hajek/Howden to a lesser prospect.

Not worth it. I'd rather use the picks and grab not one but two solid prospects who project to be a 1C and a 1-4D in the NHL plus the picks.

I liek Namestnikov and think we needed that scoring touch even if we lose grit.

Helps galvanize the talented Russian group - Buchnevich, Shestyorkin, Namestnikov, Rykov, (and Kovalchuck ;)

Chytil and Hajek offer more synergy

And the word on Howden is leadership streak.

It's going to take time and it's not all gonna work out as planned, but it's a new road ahead that is not a salary cap disaster and there's a lot of talent coming into the system.

I'm going to try to have patience, cos I have no other choice, but there's things here I like, especially Namestnikov.

Aa details filter in

Hajek is almost a PPG player in the minors right now and Howden is every bit of the leader that Andersson is and he's another center.

Archived