• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Ryan McDonagh, J.T. Miller Headed to the Lightning

ClearedForContact

I liek Namestnikov and think we needed that scoring touch even if we lose grit.

Helps galvanize the talented Russian group - Buchnevich, Shestyorkin, Namestnikov, Rykov, (and Kovalchuck ;)

Chytil and Hajek offer more synergy

And the word on Howden is leadership streak.

It's going to take time and it's not all gonna work out as planned, but it's a new road ahead that is not a salary cap disaster and there's a lot of talent coming into the system.

I'm going to try to have patience, cos I have no other choice, but there's things here I like, especially Namestnikov.

Now, can this team manage it all. Or rather ... who will manage it?

Namestnikov Goals are up due to playing with Stamkos, Kucherov Vs. niemi if im not mistaken

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I haven't even touched Hajek who's basically a 6'2 version of DeAngelo with a slightly higher hockey IQ (but played on worse teams in minors)

Except that Hajek is nothing like DeAngelo. He's not offensively dynamic. He's capable of producing offense but saying he's like DeAngelo is disrespectful to Hajek's ability to play defense. He'll be a solid two-way player.

Except that Hajek is nothing like DeAngelo. He's not offensively dynamic. He's capable of producing offense but saying he's like DeAngelo is disrespectful to Hajek's ability to play defense. He'll be a solid two-way player.

Not trying to disrespect anyone and in fact I said he's bigger (helps with D) and had a higher hockey IQ. His offensive talents were the exact reason why TBL got rid of DeAngelo (admittedly not 1:1 but they're close enough) and it gives you a comprehensive idea of how skilled he is.

DeAngelo, for all the hate he gets, is still pretty skilled on the puck.

Fuck him. If he played like he wanted to be here game in and game out he would still be here. Coasting through every other game though? GTFO

From someone I know, he said Miller was an issue in the locker room, so that might be one of the reasons he was moved. They say his attitude changed last year and was becoming a big issue this year behind the scenes. The guy I know works with the team, so I can?t say who he is.

DeAngelo fucking sucks. Which is why he's well on his way to wearing out his 3rd welcome in three years. I don't see him as part of anything. Just MO, of course.

Sergachev could be BoBo Mironov in three years.

Th epoint is, we don't know. All you can do is accumulate as much as you can and let them play it out. Camp is going to be a blast next year.

Guys, We made out in this deal simply by not having to pay McDonagh 7 mill per.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly. Next year his value goes down as he is a pending free agent. We are not paying the $7M per season, so we would have to trade him as a lower valued rental. And lets not forget possible injuries. I like the deal.

Not trying to disrespect anyone and in fact I said he's bigger (helps with D) and had a higher hockey IQ. His offensive talents were the exact reason why TBL got rid of DeAngelo (admittedly not 1:1 but they're close enough) and it gives you a comprehensive idea of how skilled he is.

DeAngelo, for all the hate he gets, is still pretty skilled on the puck.

Except that's not true at all. Hajek has never been relied upon or seen as an offensive defenseman. His defense has always been the strongest aspect of his game. He has no traits of an offensive defensemen except a good IQ. He's as much of an offensive defenseman as Brady Skjei. He can carry and pass pretty well, but he doesn't have the dynamism of someone you'd consider an offensive defenseman like DeAngelo.

From what I was told, he felt his shit didn’t stink and had issues with a couple of the players and staff.

Im not saying I agree with this or know anything but if true, would certainly explain the trade today a little more.

I personally just never thought he was that good.

Would someone please explain to me why when we were gunning for a championship, in order to get players far lesser than McD, like Lowe and Tikanen, we had to give up our TOP prospects, like Weight and Amonte, but TB can fleece Gorton and get McD without giving up its top prospect?

In 1975, Rangers ownership started dictating Emile Francis's job and the result was terrible. I think this is the same thing, only with Dolan. Gorton needed to have the option of not doing a deal at this point, and I don't think it was given to him.

Except that's not true at all. Hajek has never been relied upon or seen as an offensive defenseman. His defense has always been the strongest aspect of his game. He has no traits of an offensive defensemen except a good IQ. He's as much of an offensive defenseman as Brady Skjei. He can carry and pass pretty well, but he doesn't have the dynamism of someone you'd consider an offensive defenseman like DeAngelo.

Like I said, not 1:1.

From what I was told, he felt his shit didn’t stink and had issues with a couple of the players and staff.

Tend to agree with you based on a couple of things:

1) he's rarely if ever featured in Rangers PR promotional segments despite being home grown

2) the interaction with D.Boyle a few years ago where Dan basically "son'd" him and put him in his corner as the whole team sat and watched when Miller suggested a boneheaded decision

3) I haven't seen much of an off-ice relationship with other players, again, despite coming through the system. Even Skjei hangs out with Hayes/Vesey, Buch with Kreider/Zib, Zucc with everyone, you get it.

Archived