• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Ryan McDonagh, J.T. Miller Headed to the Lightning

ClearedForContact

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tend to agree with you based on a couple of things:

1) he's rarely if ever featured in Rangers PR promotional segments despite being home grown

2) the interaction with D.Boyle a few years ago where Dan basically "son'd" him and put him in his corner as the whole team sat and watched when Miller suggested a boneheaded decision

3) I haven't seen much of an off-ice relationship with other players, again, despite coming through the system. Even Skjei hangs out with Hayes/Vesey, Buch with Kreider/Zib, Zucc with everyone, you get it.

Third is v true. See these guys out a lot in NYC but never Miller

Need to root for a Boston tank in the playoffs, want that pick as early as possible (and fuck Boston).... A Tampa Cup turns that 2nd rounder into a 1st, then we root for the most embarrassing post Stanley Cup hangover ever seen in 18-19.

and with the deep draft hope the Devils fall out of the playoffs but i dont think they will with CBJ, NYI, FLA deadline moves/no moves

Well these guys were brought in, paid big money to win a cup and failed. So they have 2 more to dump and start over. AV - Ruff see ya!

I'd like to see Zucc, Hayes traded in the offseason so make it 4 more. Zucc more because he deserves a chance to win somewhere and he can bring back more future assets

I'm starting the train for DO NOT TRADE UP. We have 5 top 50 picks. Depending on how the lottery shakes out I'd much rather have Zadina and 4 other players than Dahlin and 1 or two others.

See, I'd disagree with this. Dahlin could be our Karlsson. A FRANCHISE player. I'm willing to move heaven and earth to get him.

That said, 3 first round picks is not bad thing. Ever. If we can't swing a deal to move up, I will not be hurt.

I'm starting the train for DO NOT TRADE UP. We have 5 top 50 picks. Depending on how the lottery shakes out I'd much rather have Zadina and 4 other players than Dahlin and 1 or two others.

I'm very much inclined to agree with this. I'm happy with just about anyone in the top 6-7 or so and that's liekly where the Rangers are. Use some other picks to take risks. I'd pick up a guy like Merkley or Kaut with one of the later firsts.

This. Ive already seen many fans say that we should trade all our high picks for Number 1. Our top pick is most likely gonna be top 5 anway is a very good draft at the top anyway. I don't mind if we use one of the first rounders to trade up but not both

Tend to agree with you based on a couple of things:

1) he's rarely if ever featured in Rangers PR promotional segments despite being home grown

2) the interaction with D.Boyle a few years ago where Dan basically "son'd" him and put him in his corner as the whole team sat and watched when Miller suggested a boneheaded decision

3) I haven't seen much of an off-ice relationship with other players, again, despite coming through the system. Even Skjei hangs out with Hayes/Vesey, Buch with Kreider/Zib, Zucc with everyone, you get it.

What was number 2? I don't recall

See, I'd disagree with this. Dahlin could be our Karlsson. A FRANCHISE player. I'm willing to move heaven and earth to get him.

That said, 3 first round picks is not bad thing. Ever. If we can't swing a deal to move up, I will not be hurt.

Svechnikov and Zadina can also be difference makers at forward. If you can swing a deal for Dahlin that isn't insane go for it, but you can stock up on a lot of talent and still get game changing forward.

If this was the case I would not mind so much but history infers that they would likely trade up and then draft someone who is not even ranked in the first round :rofl:

If theyre getting a generational talent- fine do it. Otherwise keep the picks and build your system up.

Looking at this team... and looking at the schedule... After this West Coast trip- there is only 1 remaining game on the schedule (Buffalo) with a team out of it.. Points are going to be a precious few the remainder of the season.. Top 6 pick, hopefully a 25 for Boston and 31 from Tampa.... Add that to say 37ish and 48ish from the Devils... Thats 5 top 50 picks.

From someone I know, he said Miller was an issue in the locker room, so that might be one of the reasons he was moved. They say his attitude changed last year and was becoming a big issue this year behind the scenes. The guy I know works with the team, so I can?t say who he is.

Even torts had said that Miller had issues around the time they were gonna draft him. People blast AV about how he handled Miller BUT Miller did have issues when AV came in too. I admit I was never a big miller fan. Up until this year it seemed like most ranger fans were high on him even more than kreider. Miller has skills but is inconsistent. Now with Spooner here, Namestnikov, and the kids we have coming up there really in no rook for Miller. As for Mac its sad to see him go BUT it was the right move since we are rebuilding. I jut wish we did the same with staal and Girardi before handing out those awful deals. I know some are mad we did get Tampa's top 2 prospecst but we were NEVER getting those guys. their GM even said they were virtually untouchable. I think we got 2 good prospects also 2 potential first rounders

i really like these moves. Mac for as classy as he has been might be on the downside of being a no1. dman. I really think his development stunted when they hung the C on him.

miller, might have a 10 cent head, might develop like weight did.

on paper looks like decent talent acquired and he draft picks if used correctly could potentially bring in more talent, i.e. stock piling more for next year if someone falls in love in the 1st round.

Looking at this team... and looking at the schedule... After this West Coast trip- there is only 1 remaining game on the schedule (Buffalo) with a team out of it.. Points are going to be a precious few the remainder of the season.. Top 6 pick, hopefully a 25 for Boston and 31 from Tampa.... Add that to say 37ish and 48ish from the Devils... Thats 5 top 50 picks.

With the trade deadline over we should have a TANK TRACKER THREAD. This team could easily settle into the #4 spot as it is in shambles. Ottawa, Buffalo and Arizona seem destined for 1-3. Rough schedule for the RANGERS for sure.

Are you really blaming any of that on Karlsson and not the disaster that is Senators management?

Not blaming anyone. Implying that if Zadina is an elite goal scorer, he'd be more impactful than a D-man, especially when surrounded with multiple other high picks.

Doughty is the last "high pick D" to win a cup and that was 10 years ago. But they also had Brown and Kopitar score a ppg in the playoffs. Carter, Richards, and Mr. Clutch Justin Williams. and Quick was unbeatable.

The second cup Kopitar, Carter, and Williams all score 25 or 26 points in 26 games and Gaborik scored 14 goals.

Point being, forwards that can score are more important than 1 d-man, no matter how good that d-man is.

Archived