• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2023-24 Out of Town Scoreboard

Phil

10 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

This Tommy DeVito shit is so overly stupid. He sucks. He had a good 2 football games and that’s that. To have him smeared all over the coverage of this game is so ridiculously stupid.

Giants trying to be like Jets is not a good look at all.

Idk if Matthews will break it. It’s too early to tell. Ovechkin scored fifty last year at 37 and he’s been scoring like that his whole career. It’s not just a prime of career thing, ovechkin scored fifty after many other players retire. It takes longevity, luck with injuries, as well as talent. Matthews obviously can score, but the question will be if he has the longevity and luck too. Fun to watch.

• VINNY! 1

2 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

If Toronto doesn't win a Cup with that core group and Marner, they're never going to. lol

That core group could be more of a hindrance in the playoffs than a help.  Lots of b-listers on that roster because the core eats so much of the cap.

3 minutes ago, Br4d said:

That core group could be more of a hindrance in the playoffs than a help.  Lots of b-listers on that roster because the core eats so much of the cap.

That is true. I guess I should've narrowed it down to not winning a Cup as long as Matthews is there. Yeah, you need more than one player, but that's a special, generational kind of player there.

15 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Great ceremony tonight in Pittsburgh honoring Jaromir Jagr and retiring his number. He even went out and took warm-ups! He could probably be a top six player still on that roster.

He could probably be our top right wing to be fair 

• The Chyt! 1

18 hours ago, Br4d said:

18 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

That is true. I guess I should've narrowed it down to not winning a Cup as long as Matthews is there. Yeah, you need more than one player, but that's a special, generational kind of player there.

Anyone else think that their big mistake was paying Tavares instead of splitting that money up on several other players?

56 minutes ago, RangersIn7 said:

He had that gambling debt issue and needed to go to Russia because they pay no taxes. 

That's true, although I thought they legitimately tried to work out a deal to return. 

54 minutes ago, RangersIn7 said:

Anyone else think that their big mistake was paying Tavares instead of splitting that money up on several other players?

Fair criticism. Tavares is good, no doubt, but perhaps that money would've been better allocated elsewhere.

17 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

Great ceremony tonight in Pittsburgh honoring Jaromir Jagr and retiring his number. He even went out and took warm-ups! He could probably be a top six player still on that roster.

When I think of Jagr, however, I think of what could have been.  (That is what could have been if he had gotten the haircut he's got now 30 years ago).

38 minutes ago, Sod16 said:

When I think of Jagr, however, I think of what could have been.  (That is what could have been if he had gotten the haircut he's got now 30 years ago).

When we see what removing hair did for Panarin...Jags couldve been the next Jaromir Gretzssierhowemieux.

8 hours ago, RangersIn7 said:

He had that gambling debt issue and needed to go to Russia because they pay no taxes. 

I thought it was more about  not being a fit for the new players they signed (Gomez/Drury). They slowly took away Jagrs pals (Nylander,  Rucinsky, Prucha) and unceremoniously pushed him out the door, citing that he was "too slow" for the team model.

Though he never really dominated after leaving the Rangers,  it would have been nice to see him get one more go with Nylander, or even Dubinsky, before they wrote him off. I hated those Drury/Gomez teams. 

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

I thought it was more about  not being a fit for the new players they signed (Gomez/Drury). They slowly took away Jagrs pals (Nylander,  Rucinsky, Prucha) and unceremoniously pushed him out the door, citing that he was "too slow" for the team model.

Though he never really dominated after leaving the Rangers,  it would have been nice to see him get one more go with Nylander, or even Dubinsky, before they wrote him off. I hated those Drury/Gomez teams. 

If they truly decided that Drury and Gomez were better than even an aging Jagr, then yikes. lol

Islanders beat Pittsburgh 5-4 in, you guessed it, overtime. Very Islander-like game in the sense they had a 4-2 lead in the 3rd and Pittsburgh evened it up on 2 goals in under a minute.

Sullivan and the staff are taking major heat tonight. Game was a must-win for both teams. They get to OT. Who’s out to start? Not Sidney Crosby. Not as Evgeni Malkin.

Lars Eller and Reilly Smith. Two good players, sure, but in a must have game, you’re gonna sit back on Sid?

Reports out today Dubas will consider trading everyone on roster other than core players. So, they’re open for business. Only issue is that these core players, they have hit their peak. That team is absolutely cooked. Badly need a reset that isn’t likely to come fully for another little while.