• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2023-24 Out of Town Scoreboard

Phil

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

Just call it like they would (or wouldn't) in the playoffs.  I'm just looking for an inkling of consistency.  There's NONE!

We don't need NHL referees having their own reality show.  We're not watching to see them!  They should put the damn whistle in their pockets until something actually occurs, instead of calling every little pissing thing.

I'm with you, some of the ticky-tack and resulting make up calls are ridiculous. But then they completely get the calls like the boarding by Cousins and how dare I say it the Trouba swinging stick across the helmet as two examples of missing the obvious.  There seems to be no consistency whatsoever when it comes to the boarding calls which more often than not are the most dangerous.  So I'm not sure the answer is always putting the whistles in their pockets but more be better which at times is not making a call and other times is making the right call and not completely missing the obvious. Consistency would be a huge added benefit.

• Cheers 1

Tavares gets point #1000 on an assist to tie the game on Long Island with 6.4 seconds left. Leafs apparently had permission from the NHL to empty the bench upon Tavares getting the milestone. But in steps Butch Goring, who has to be the worst broadcaster in the history of the NHL (I’m literally not kidding either), to demand the Leafs be penalized for a delay of game.

Brendan Burke, who unlike Butch is professional and (at least IMO) very good at what he does, yet again had to step in and put old Butchy in his place and inform him that the NHL allowed this, as they do just about anytime a milestone occurs.

Totally get wanting to bring in franchise icons to work your broadcast. Or former players to come in and do the job who are synonymous with the franchise. But, come on. You can’t have someone who is just so unprofessional, so biased and so absurd calling games. I get having passion but there is a thing called professionalism. Kenny Daneyko was and always will be Mr. Devil. But he keeps it real during the games, and does a great job. Goring just sounds like an idiot up in the rafters who rambles on about everything that goes against the Islanders. It’s time to put that dog to bed and get someone in with Burke that actually knows hockey and is professional. What a total fucking clown.

Edited by RichieNextel305

10 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Tavares gets point #1000 on an assist to tie the game on Long Island with 6.4 seconds left. Leafs apparently had permission from the NHL to empty the bench upon Tavares getting the milestone. But in steps Butch Goring, who has to be the worst broadcaster in the history of the NHL (I’m literally not kidding either), to demand the Leafs be penalized for a delay of game.

Brendan Burke, who unlike Butch is professional and (at least IMO) very good at what he does, yet again had to step in and put old Butchy in his place and inform him that the NHL allowed this, as they do just about anytime a milestone occurs.

Totally get wanted to bring in franchise icons to work your broadcast. Or former players to come in and do the job who are synonymous with the franchise. But, come on. You can’t have someone who is just so unprofessional, so biased and so absurd calling games. I get having passion but there is a thing called professionalism. Kenny Daneyko was and always will be Mr. Devil. But he keeps it real during the games, and does a great job. Goring just sounds like an idiot up in the rafters who rambles on about everything that goes against the Islanders. It’s time to put that dog to bed and get someone in with Burke that actually knows hockey and is professional. What a total fucking clown.

Wow, that's pretty pathetic even for Butch. Imagine a Jack Edward/Butch Goring announce team.

10 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Totally get wanted to bring in franchise icons to work your broadcast. Or former players to come in and do the job who are synonymous with the franchise. But, come on. You can’t have someone who is just so unprofessional, so biased and so absurd calling games. I get having passion but there is a thing called professionalism. Kenny Daneyko was and always will be Mr. Devil. But he keeps it real during the games, and does a great job. Goring just sounds like an idiot up in the rafters who rambles on about everything that goes against the Islanders. It’s time to put that dog to bed and get someone in with Burke that actually knows hockey and is professional. What a total fucking clown.

You dont even know how much I love that it happened on the island too.

Episode 8 Nbc GIF by America's Got Talent

6 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

They boo'd him even when he got near the puck last night.

Poetic justice that he got #1000 against them!!!

In all fairness MSG boo’s Deangelo for some reason but yea… they’ve boo’d him since he left 

Edited by siddious

2 minutes ago, siddious said:

In all fair was MSG boo’s Deangelo for some reason but yea… they’ve boo’d him since he left 

We boo DeAngelo because he's a dick...  They boo Tavares because he left them flat...AND he's a dick!!!  LOL

2 minutes ago, siddious said:

Eh.. wasn’t my favorite player but I don’t think he did anything that deserves constant boo’ing. 

He doesn't...shit's old!  😉

Speaking of old....one of these nights, my man!!!  Gotta get the "band" back together!

See? This is what I mean. Want to do shit like this? Do it. But being a broadcaster for a team and engaging in this type of shit is just so pathetic. Can you imagine Sam or Joe engaging in this type of garbage? He’s too invested in the team to give a reasonable and fair perspective and that’s what makes him so fucking awful at his job.

29 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

See? This is what I mean. Want to do shit like this? Do it. But being a broadcaster for a team and engaging in this type of shit is just so pathetic. Can you imagine Sam or Joe engaging in this type of garbage? He’s too invested in the team to give a reasonable and fair perspective and that’s what makes him so fucking awful at his job.

this is fun 

38 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Butch is awful.

i know it’s mostly a schtick with biz but he’s “feuding” with so many team’s fans right now someone idiot is def going to take it too far one day. 

1 hour ago, RichieNextel305 said:

How does Biz still have any sort of platform? He stopped being relevant since 20...wait, nevermind, he's never been relevant.

4 hours ago, Karan said:

How does Biz still have any sort of platform? He stopped being relevant since 20...wait, nevermind, he's never been relevant.

He's on a nationally televised broadcast and he's got a top five hockey podcast. He's never been relevant? He's never been more relevant is what you meant to say. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pete said:

He's on a nationally televised broadcast and he's got a top five hockey podcast. He's never been relevant? He's never been more relevant is what you meant to say. 

I meant as an NHL'er but yea I guess as a broadcaster sure. Anyone can go against the grain for views/airtime. 😂

I don't ever remember any player leaving the Rangers like Tavares did on the Isles, but I could just imagine what we would do if the situation was reversed.

I'm no Butch Goring fan by any stretch, but I do like the verbal jab at Bizz!!!  Butch has 4 rings, so I guess he could take a poke at anyone in that regard.  I got a kick out of him having his Islander pride up in a bunch.  Bizz loved it too, I'm sure.  He seems to feed off that kind of shit.

I like Bizz too, I find him pretty funny, and it's cool to see the guy made a career out of hockey, considering his shortcomings in the talent department on the ice.

2 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Yeah, again it's just part of the entertainment. I don't take anything he says seriously at all. He was a pain in the ass as a player, but on TV he's just kind of playing a character and getting a rise out of people. There's no reason to look into it any deeper than that.

Sharpy, I was at a game back in the 80's where the Rangers, played the Isles in a game at the Colusium, where we got killed 10-2.  The Isles at the time had a promotion with Wendy's where if the Isles scored 5 goals, you could use your ticket to get a free bowl of chili at Wendy's.

Well, fast forward to a return match against the Islanders at MSG later that season, where I'm sitting in the Blues, and the Rangers get on top of the Isles and beat them 5-2.  When the Rangers scored the 5th goal, someone in the stands threw a huge bowl of chili on the ice from the stands!!!

Needless to say I almost pee'd my pants!!!  LOL

You never know what to expect from NY fans....we're the best ...and worst at the same time!! 

But there's no better place to win!