• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2023-24 Out of Town Scoreboard

Phil

17 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Things are imploding on Long Island. Another really bad loss against a 3rd string goalie for the Capitals tonight. Lots of “Fire Lambert” chants up from the crowd late in the game. Players asked about it mainly voiced that they understand the fans frustrations. But Casey Czikas said that type of stuff pisses him off, and that he has no time for fans like that, and that if they’re gonna act that way, they can just stay home.

Oooof. 

Listen, that core has had a decent time together. They came close the Covid year and then got extremely close during that shortened season. If they got by Tampa in Game 7, they were winning the Cup. But, even with an elite goaltender, they (Lou) have showed such resistance to change that it’s almost mind blowing. They’re slow, they don’t have much offense, and as a group, their best kick at the can was taken and wasn’t successful. I know they just committed to Horvat and Sorokin so it’s unlikely to happen. But, some of the familiar faces may need to be moved to shake up the staleness there. It’s really a boring, bad team with good goaltending. I’ve seen Ranger teams like that with Hank back in the late ‘00s and even into 2010. Trust me, you aren’t going anywhere.

7 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

Yeah the Islanders are so boring to watch. The window they had closed awhile ago. I'm kind of surprised Lou is still there, and I've felt that way for awhile. Sorokin is the best goalie in the league, and they're just wasting it.

Jerry Seinfeld Popcorn GIF by Sheets & Giggles

Knobby with his 1st win.  Super game by Edmonton!  I almost didn't recognize them playing team defense!

"Welcome to the defensive zone, Mr Draisaitl!"   ...Nice to meet you!

Fucking forwards haven't seen their own goalie in so long, he claimed abandonment!!

5 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

They will probably beat us in every meeting this season.

I think our first game against them is in February, Sharpy....so yeah!  By that time they'll be so far out of it, they'll play spoiler and beat us with their AHL call ups!!!  LOL

Edited by Ozzy

12 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

And of course I'm the moron struggling with goalie issues and dropped Stuart Skinner in our fantasy league, only to play against him this week LOL

I forgot to take Hart off of IR and he shut the door on the Canes. Better not screw me lol 

The VAN/NYI game last night was a real treat to watch. I have a friend who's a 'nucks fan (I'm not-so-secretly rooting for a 94 repeat) and another who's an Islanders fan - was texting both during the game last night. NYI was up 2-0 and 3-1, only to lose 4-3 in OT. 

JT Miller with one goal and two assists in the game. OT winner was sweet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phillyb said:

The VAN/NYI game last night was a real treat to watch. I have a friend who's a 'nucks fan (I'm not-so-secretly rooting for a 94 repeat) and another who's an Islanders fan - was texting both during the game last night. NYI was up 2-0 and 3-1, only to lose 4-3 in OT. 

JT Miller with one goal and two assists in the game. OT winner was sweet.

I tried to stay up to watch the whole thing, Philly but my eyelids wouldn't comply!   How sweet does it feel to watch that lead evaporate into an OT loss though??

Yeah, things are finally looking up in Vancouver. Another example of what coaching can do. Funny, I remember when Horvat was saying that being on the island is better than being in Vancouver. I wonder if he feels the same now. The Canucks with far, far more upside and has been that way for awhile. It was just a matter of getting it harnessed.

3 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

Too bad we don't play the Islanders now while they are down.  By the time we play them they'll probably be on some sort of hot streak.

Even if they're not, they'll probably still beat us like they have been over the last few years. lol They're a pain in the ass, and the Rangers never take them seriously anyway.

Mainly because the Devils weren't that great for awhile. From 2010 until present they've made the postseason three times, with their longest run being that 2012 trip to the Stanley Cup Final. That year was also the last time they'd even win a playoff series until beating the Rangers last season.

Prior to that 2012 year, they were eliminated in the first round three years in a row. So there were a lot of playoff-less seasons or early postseason exits when Pittsburgh and Washington were really dominant.

Edited by Sharpshooter

36 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Mainly because the Devils weren't that great for awhile. From 2010 until present they've made the postseason three times, with their longest run being that 2012 trip to the Stanley Cup Final. That year was also the last time they'd even win a playoff series until beating the Rangers last season.

Prior to that 2012 year, they were eliminated in the first round three years in a row. So there were a lot of playoff-less seasons or early postseason exits when Pittsburgh and Washington were really dominant.

New Jersey made it in 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2018 and last year.

Pittsburgh in everyone of those years except last year and 2006. Ditto for Washington, plus 2007 for them too.

Just wild. Pittsburgh’s beginning of dominance out of the lockout was when the Devils were still really good. They only missed the playoffs in 2011 because they got off to that horrible, horrible start and couldn’t recover.

Just looked it up. The Devils and Sabres are the only teams in the East to have never played Crosby or Ovechkin in a playoff series.

There you go, folks. Another boring fact you can tell your friends about while they pick lint out from their bellybuttons.  You’re welcome.

Edited by RichieNextel305

1 minute ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Pittsburgh in everyone of those years except last year and 2006. Ditto for Washington, plus 2007 for them too.

Just wild. Pittsburgh’s beginning of dominance out of the lockout was when the Devils were still really good. They only missed the playoffs in 2011 because they got off to that horrible, horrible start and couldn’t recover.

Just looked it up. Out of Buffalo, the Devils are the only team in the East to have never played Crosby or Ovechkin in a playoff series.

There you go, folks. Another boring fact you can tell your friends about while they pick lint out from their bellybuttons.  You’re welcome.

Its a conspiracy. What else?

8 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Just looked it up. The Devils and Sabres are the only teams in the East to have never played Crosby or Ovechkin in a playoff series.

It is definitely kind of wild, but I pointed to them just not being very good for awhile and a lot of early exits. But yeah, even despite that, never being matched up with the Pens or Caps, even in the first round, is kind of crazy. Buffalo was good in the Ryan Miller years, so it is a tad surprising there also. But, they've also been ass for a long time and are going on, what, 12 years without a postseason appearance? Yikes.