• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2023-24 Out of Town Scoreboard

Phil

4 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Sharpy, I was at a game back in the 80's where the Rangers, played the Isles in a game at the Colusium, where we got killed 10-2.  The Isles at the time had a promotion with Wendy's where if the Isles scored 5 goals, you could use your ticket to get a free bowl of chili at Wendy's.

Well, fast forward to a return match against the Islanders at MSG later that season, where I'm sitting in the Blues, and the Rangers get on top of the Isles and beat them 5-2.  When the Rangers scored the 5th goal, someone in the stands threw a huge bowl of chili on the ice from the stands!!!

Needless to say I almost pee'd my pants!!!  LOL

You never know what to expect from NY fans....we're the best ...and worst at the same time!! 

But there's no better place to win!

I remember hearing about that game, but that's a great follow up story. LOL

It also harkens back to the days where MSG was truly an intimating place to play. Lots of things coming from the blue seaters. lol

• Cheers 1

11 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

I remember hearing about that game, but that's a great follow up story. LOL

It also harkens back to the days where MSG was truly an intimating place to play. Lots of things coming from the blue seaters. lol

Yeah. Now if you yell too loud, security comes over with 4 or 5 other security members as if you’re strapped up with C4. The Garden went from being an intimidating place to play to a fucking morgue where security stalks customers.

11 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Yeah. Now if you yell too loud, security comes over with 4 or 5 other security members as if you’re strapped up with C4. The Garden went from being an intimidating place to play to a fucking morgue where security stalks customers.

Not to mention Dolan putting in things like cameras to ID people and shit. It's still intimidating, but just for Rangers fans this time.

1 hour ago, Sharpshooter said:

Did anyone catch that Maple Leafs/Blue Jackets game last night? Columbus enters the third up 5-0. Toronto comes back to tie it, getting three goals in the last three-plus minutes. Matthews scores two in the last 90 seconds, only for them to lose in overtime after all of that. lol Damn.

I had saw it and couldn’t believe it. That’s insane. I still remember us losing that game in Montreal awhile back while winning 5-0. Brutal but that sucks for them they couldn’t finish the job in OT.

11 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I know the kid is a superstar. But I have never seen a young guy come into this league and have such an ego and be such a douche to the media. And this is a pretty consistent occurance.

I don't think he's a douche at all. The media asks dumb questions. We can't complain that these players are robots and then also complain when they do things like this.

Have you seen the way McDavid and Draisaitl treat Edmonton media for stupid questions? 

I also wonder who asked it and why he responded that way. You can't just write whatever you want about a player and then expect them to be cordial. Larry Brooks knows this better than anyone. 

• Applause 1

8 minutes ago, Pete said:

I don't think he's a douche at all. The media asks dumb questions. We can't complain that these players are robots and then also complain when they do things like this.

Have you seen the way McDavid and Draisaitl treat Edmonton media for stupid questions? 

I also wonder who asked it and why he responded that way. You can't just write whatever you want about a player and then expect them to be cordial. Larry Brooks knows this better than anyone. 

Yeah it was the 4th time it was asked, same stupid question about running into his brother on the ice. The guy just scored the ot game winner. Good for him. Ask stupid questions over and over and here's what you get. Good for him. 

Bedard just casually wristed an OT winner in from roughly the blue line. Just fucking ripped it. Goalie in full view

I’ve never seen anyone with as good a wrist shot as that kid and it’s not even remotely close to close. Reminds me of how good Gaborik’s was in his prime where he was one of one players in the league that could beat goalies from the outside in full view. 

similar to ovechkin and how he could do it from his spot on the powerplay with the onetime shot forever

Edited by Valriera
  • Keeps it 100 1