• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2023-24 Out of Town Scoreboard

Phil

• 2 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, Dunny said:

Nothing like randomly shutting your league down for a 7-10 days to play an all star game nobody watches. 

It's not random. Instead of giving every team their own bye week (which I believe was agreed to in the CBA), they gave the entire league the same week off.

It actually makes a good amount of sense because no team can complain that their week came too early or late. 

What doesn't Make any sense however was to make it the same week football isn't playing. 

Edited by Pete

47 minutes ago, Vodka Drunkenski said:

it’s pointless

Only if you think a sport can survive without corporate sponsorship, which it can't. Unless you want to be the WNBA or the PWHL. 

23 minutes ago, Vodka Drunkenski said:

yea, that one weekend will destroy the league

No, you're absolutely right. The executives who have a combined 500 years of sports management and marketing experience who run all four major sports have All-Star games for no reason at all.

If only they all just listen to you, the sport would be in a much better place. 

Just replace "it's pointless" with "I don't care about it" if you want to be accurate. Then we can follow up with, "It's not for you."

I know people get upset when every single thing is not geared towards them, but that's the world. 

Edited by Pete

7 minutes ago, Pete said:

No, you're absolutely right. The executives who have a combined 500 years of sports management and marketing experience who run all four major sports have All-Star games for no reason at all.

If only they all just listen to you, the sport would be in a much better place. 

Just replace "it's pointless" with "I don't care about it" if you want to be accurate. Then we can follow up with, "It's not for you."

I know people get upset when every single thing is not geared towards them, but that's the world. 

You must’ve looked in the mirror on that last sentence eh

Watched some of the Pens-Panthers game. That Pittsburgh team is the late-90s Rangers. Just a wild implosion in the 2nd Period tonight. Total mess.

I have to imagine that Guentzel is going to be on the market. Not dealing him would be catastrophic. They’re not winning shit this year with this team. That team is near the end of its lifespan. Need to restock. They can’t afford him with everyone else on the books.

Shame it’s a divisional rival. Because he would definitely be someone I’d peg on the list of people who would fit in well here for a stretch run. But the cost to acquire him would be massive given the nature of where we stand with Pittsburgh.

All of that said, Guentzel did leave tonight’s game with a UBI. So, something worth keeping an eye on over the next little bit.

Edited by RichieNextel305

57 minutes ago, Albatrosss said:

Kid got some kind of ego. Someone is going to beat that ego out of him

It's going to take a small thug to do it because the NHL is going to hammer a real thug who beats on him.

1 hour ago, Br4d said:

It's going to take a small thug to do it because the NHL is going to hammer a real thug who beats on him.

The New Jersey game against Philly just became that much more interesting. Torts doesn't suffer fools.