• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2023-24 Out of Town Scoreboard

Phil

7 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Hysterical. 

FWIW, the Flyers only gave up 14 shots on goal. Sandstrom allowed 3 goals.

I still love this man. It's that time of year for him. 

• VINNY! 1
  • Applause 1

8 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Hysterical. 

FWIW, the Flyers only gave up 14 shots on goal. Sandstrom allowed 3 goals.

Sometimes I really miss him!!  This is fucking hysrerical!!!  LOL

2 hours ago, Pete said:

Pittsburgh blew a 4 goal lead against Colorado. 

MacKinnon an absolute monster. 

This.

Never seen a whole team move the puck as quickly as they all do.

Pittsburgh is also an absolute disaster of a mess. I have no clue how they’re going to even begin fixing this mess.

50 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

This.

Pittsburgh is also an absolute disaster of a mess. I have no clue how they’re going to even begin fixing this mess.

Don't worry, Richie!  Uncle Gary will take care of it!

• VINNY! 1

21 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Don't worry, Richie!  Uncle Gary will take care of it!

I’ll be totally honest, I don’t even see a way for that to happen. Unless he grants them a few amnesty buyouts. 😂😂😂

Just a disasterous situation. At least when the Rangers were going through this in the late-90s/early-00s, they didn’t have a salary cap to worry about. This isn’t something that can be fixed IMO.

“Time heals all wounds.”

Basically the only way this is going to be fixed is time, really. Just a mess in Pittsburgh.

Edited by RichieNextel305
  • Keeps it 100 1

50 minutes ago, Karan said:

Unless they take the easy route and go for a fresh voice behind the bench, in which case Sullivan's time might be up there.

Dubas (and more importantly ownership) know Sullivan isn't the problem. 

They're going to have to start from Zero.  Sid has pretty much earned being able to take a few more kicks at the can with this crew, but I think it's just about over.  If Sid doesn't retire after next season, I can totally see tham tearing it down to the studs at the TDL next season.

It's going to be a painful couple of seasons for them, no doubt.

31 minutes ago, Pete said:

Dubas (and more importantly ownership) know Sullivan isn't the problem. 

For sure, but as the saying goes if a team's stinking, you can't trade the entire roster. And from the outside it's apparent a simple re-tooling on the fly won't solve their issues. 
So I guess it just depends if management is willing to commit to some big moves and full re-build.

7 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

This.

They're going to rebuild, sans letter.

2 hours ago, Br4d said:

They're going to rebuild, sans letter.

The question is: how?

Malkin is a shell of himself. He has a NMC. He’s 37 signed for over $6M AAV. Letang and Malkin shouldn’t have been re-signed. Karlsson never made much sense for them. They have no reputable prospects in the pipeline.

They had the option to let icons like Letang and Malkin move on. Instead, it’s a waste of Crosby’s last few years with no cap, no direction and no chance of contending. It’s a mess.

Edited by RichieNextel305

2 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Malkin is a shell of himself. He has a NMC. He’s 37 signed for over $6M AAV. Letang and Malkin shouldn’t have been re-signed. Karlsson never made much sense for them. They have no reputable prospects in the pipeline.

They had the option to let icons like Letang and Malkin move on. Instead, it’s a waste of Crosby’s last few years with no cap, no direction and no chance of contending. It’s a mess.

100%. Total mess. They took the late 90's Rangers approach. It was very obviously never going to work. Retaining Malkin, trading for Karlson and trading away Debrusk was the exact opposite of smart moves to win a cup. They were so good at managing their roster for the past decade, amazing to watch it all crumble before our eyes over letting your heart make decisions instead of your head. Cheers to Dubas!!! You killed the dynasty!!!

1 hour ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Jerry Seinfeld Popcorn GIF by Sheets & Giggles

• LOL 1
  • Keeps it 100 2

My heart bleeds purple piss for them!  Letang is signed until he's 73 years old and Karlsson still has 4 more years at $10 million!!  LOL

Malkin has 2 left after this year, and if Sid is smart, he asks to be dealt at the TDL next season.

This team is fucked for at least the next 4 years, and even with buyouts, they're most likely going to be hamstrung with the buyout penalty. 

Where's my bag of popcorn?  This is gonna be fun to watch!

Edited by Ozzy
  • Applause 1

44 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Could Crosby go elsewhere? I never thought I'd see the golden boy go to another team, but I wouldn't rule it out. He's definitely not happy now.

I'd think it might be something like a Ray Bourque kinda thing, if it actually did happen.  But Ray never won a Cup when he went to the Avs.  Sid has....more than once.  But they're in deep shit over there, and even though it looks grim, somehow I keep thinking they'll get bailed out somehow.

2 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I'd think it might be something like a Ray Bourque kinda thing, if it actually did happen.  But Ray never won a Cup when he went to the Avs.  Sid has....more than once.  But they're in deep shit over there, and even though it looks grim, somehow I keep thinking they'll get bailed out somehow.

They've been getting bailed out since the late 80's, so I don't blame you for thinking that way. lol

• Cheers 1