• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2023-24 Out of Town Scoreboard

Phil

Tampa beats Boston 3-1. Rangers remain alone at the top of the NHL.

Don’t look now, but Tampa Bay is only 2 points behind Toronto in the Atlantic, thanks to a 7-0-1 stretch in their last 8 games. So that’ll be wild down the stretch too.

Edited by RichieNextel305
  • Applause 1

9 hours ago, RangersIn7 said:

Speaking of 2nd generation NHL’ers and their dads.

Has anyone seen Keith Tkachuk lately????

Or in however many years????

My man got DAMN FAT!

Did you see Kevin Stevens at the Jagr retirement ceremony?  Oo-fa 

11 hours ago, RangersIn7 said:

Speaking of 2nd generation NHL’ers and their dads.

Has anyone seen Keith Tkachuk lately????

Or in however many years????

My man got DAMN FAT!

lol Yeah, I saw him last season, the camera panned to him when he was attending a game. It was probably one his kids were playing in or something. But yeah, I guess we know what he's been doing in retirement.

1 hour ago, Sharpshooter said:

lol Yeah, I saw him last season, the camera panned to him when he was attending a game. It was probably one his kids were playing in or something. But yeah, I guess we know what he's been doing in retirement.

At least now we know What’s been eating Gilbert Grape!

The Penguins should have traded Crosby last season, like before the beginning of last season.  Instead they added some vet contracts to support him.

The cost of those decisions was not writ onto '22-'23 or '23-'24.  It was writ onto the next decade.

The Oilers traded Gretzky, Messier and Coffey before they were done.  It's what you do when your run is getting close to ending and you need the money and roster space to rebuild.

15 minutes ago, Br4d said:

The Penguins should have traded Crosby last season, like before the beginning of last season.  Instead they added some vet contracts to support him.

The cost of those decisions was not writ onto '22-'23 or '23-'24.  It was writ onto the next decade.

The Oilers traded Gretzky, Messier and Coffey before they were done.  It's what you do when your run is getting close to ending and you need the money and roster space to rebuild.

I’m pretty sure it’s entirely up to Crosby and what he wants to do. 

• Keeps it 100 1

18 minutes ago, siddious said:

I’m pretty sure it’s entirely up to Crosby and what he wants to do. 

Wow, that's the definition of bad sports management in terms of competitiveness.

However it is possible that Crosby is worth so much in the merchandising and season-ticket sales that the team is just doing what it has to do to keep the money faucets on now and are unable to appropriately factor in the desert sands ahead of them.

Edited by Br4d

1 hour ago, Br4d said:

Gretzky was 27 and Messier was 30 when they were traded. They didn't get traded because Edmonton wanted to rebuild, they got traded because they wanted to get paid and Edmonton didn't have the money to do it. 

A back breaking, catastrophic loss for the Devils in Buffalo. They were up 2-0. Tage Thompson with a 4-goal game, including a natural hat trick to make it 3-2. Two empty betters, including 1 by Thompson, and the Devils gain no ground in a game they couldn’t afford to lose. Just a truly crushing loss.

You just hate to see it.

Old Men Laughing GIF by ABC Network

• Like 1
  • LMFAO 2

From the you learn something new everyday file:

Minnesota pulls their goalie in overtime. Vegas intercepts the puck and scores. Minnesota doesn't get a point because they pulled their goalie in overtime and lost.

Edited by Abe Froman

22 minutes ago, Abe Froman said:

From the you learn something new everyday file:

Minnesota pulls their goalie in overtime. Vegas intercepts the puck and scores. Minnesota doesn't get a point because they pulled their goalie in overtime and lost.

It's an incredibly rare situation, but surprisingly the second time this season Minny's done that. The first time was actually successful, as they were desperate for that 2nd point. 

• Like 1

I don't recall ever seeing an empty net overtime goal. I'm sure it's probably happened, I just don't remember seeing it live. I can't really fault Minnesota for doing it, although I don't think it's something I would do personally. lol

3 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

John Tortorella, the floor is yours…..

We dropped the ball before the season began not starting a Tortorella Post Game Presser thread. 

It's hard to say who makes me go from 6 to 12 quicker, Hank or Torts. 

• LOL 1

Torts either gets 100% out of a player or his ass leaves a skid mark on the curb.  He knows what he wants to see, and for some of those guys, they're gonna get bounced this summer.

9 hours ago, Valriera said:

Well he’s not wrong, the flyers do suck 

Torts has basically been mining gold out of a donkey's pile of poop all season long with that roster. He desperately needs some legit skill/impact players there.

Edited by Karan

58 minutes ago, Karan said:

Torts has basically been mining gold out of a donkey's pile of poop all season long with that roster. He desperately needs some legit skill/impact players there.

No he doesn't.  Let that team continue to squander.  I'd prefer Torts moves to a team in which I can root for him and not feel dirty about it lol