• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2023-24 Out of Town Scoreboard

Phil

Yeah they're definitely on the back nine, maybe the 18th hole. lol I'm still amazed by Crosby, though. He's having a fantastic season. Imagine his numbers without the longterm injuries and COVID? The Karlsson contract isn't great, to say the least. They definitely have some players teams would want.

9 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

Yeah they're definitely on the back nine, maybe the 18th hole. lol I'm still amazed by Crosby, though. He's having a fantastic season. Imagine his numbers without the longterm injuries and COVID? The Karlsson contract isn't great, to say the least. They definitely have some players teams would want.

I think they’re beyond the 18th hole. Crosby is still an absolute monster. He’s having a crazy good season. And even with him playing at this level at this age, he can’t pull Pittsburgh up in the standings. It’s a dysfunctional organization right now that badly needs to reset but instead doubled down by trying for Karlsson.

2 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I think they’re beyond the 18th hole. Crosby is still an absolute monster. He’s having a crazy good season. And even with him playing at this level at this age, he can’t pull Pittsburgh up in the standings. It’s a dysfunctional organization right now that badly needs to reset but instead doubled down by trying for Karlsson.

Yep. I didn't like that for them from the get-go.

I’m happy to see him doing great things on a terrible… - playoff bound team????

Theyre 13-5 in the last 18 and Kane has a PPG. Still don’t think he fits in our squad since I’m pretty sure at this point Mika is already taking viagara and nothing will make him play hard but you love to see this 

6 hours ago, phillyb said:

No one in the stands was upset with that. Debrincat with the apple. Beautiful. 

I saw the ending, Philly.  When they panned the arena, there were people with Hawks jerseys still on their feet clapping.  So was I !!!!   What a finish!

• Keeps it 100 1

11 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

Trading Buchnevich and not bringing Kane back the two big blunders for Drury. Hard to complain too much seeing where the Rangers are, but a missed opportunity.

Kane started the season hurt. By the time he came back, the Rangers had been rolling. Can't criticize that decision in hindsight. 

And again trading Buch wasn't the problem. The return was the problem. 

38 minutes ago, Pete said:

Kane started the season hurt. By the time he came back, the Rangers had been rolling. Can't criticize that decision in hindsight. 

And again trading Buch wasn't the problem. The return was the problem. 

I didn't like either trading him or the return, but yes, that's fair. I guess with Kane, being one of my favorite non-Rangers ever, it's mostly disappointment that his time here was so short lived. Still, it sucks because he did like it here and really wanted to run it back with us for another season, it just wasn't going to work. I think they tried trading Goodrow in the offseason to help clear the necessary cap, but it just wasn't going to work.

I would agree with Chelios' assessment. 

37 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

I didn't like either trading him or the return, but yes, that's fair. I guess with Kane, being one of my favorite non-Rangers ever, it's mostly disappointment that his time here was so short lived. Still, it sucks because he did like it here and really wanted to run it back with us for another season, it just wasn't going to work. I think they tried trading Goodrow in the offseason to help clear the necessary cap, but it just wasn't going to work.

I would agree with Chelios' assessment. 

Kane has been my favorite player since he came into the league. Sadly I don't think we'll see him as a Ranger again. 

1 minute ago, Pete said:

Kane has been my favorite player since he came into the league. Sadly I don't think we'll see him as a Ranger again. 

Yeah, unfortunately it has come and gone. Detroit is an up and coming team, another classic market, and he's playing with DeBrincat again. He's a Red Wing until he retires.

Edited by Sharpshooter
  • Keeps it 100 1