• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2023-24 Out of Town Scoreboard

Phil

On 11/6/2023 at 1:35 PM, Ozzy said:

Years ago this was never an issue.  Everyone had "a guy" to take care of this kind of crap.  Toronto has THE guy, probably the last of his breed, and didn't do anything.  WOW!!

So what's the right thing to do?  We didn't do a whole lot about Fox.  Laff got a little fiesty, but that was about it.

I would've liked to see someone behead Aho, but that's me.  I also grew up in the era of The Broadstreet Bullies, and Bob Probert killing everyone.

You hear the tough guys that are interviewed on Spittin Chiclets always talk about going after the other teams better players or running the goalie.  If Marchand wants to keep doing this kind of stuff, what will the reaction be when Pasta gets wrecked in retaliation?

9 hours ago, Kevin said:

You hear the tough guys that are interviewed on Spittin Chiclets always talk about going after the other teams better players or running the goalie.  If Marchand wants to keep doing this kind of stuff, what will the reaction be when Pasta gets wrecked in retaliation?

I don't remember any team taking many liberties with the Bruins, Kev.  They've always been able to avoid those "cheap shots".  Marchand, I believe checks both boxes for them though;  he's a dick, and he's one of their elite players at the same time.

The Oilers are broken. They lost 3-2 to the Sharks in what amounted to be the Toilet Bowl.

I honestly wouldn’t be surprised to wake up to drastic news out of Edmonton tomorrow. This is “push the fucking panic button because the sky is falling” time for that franchise. And the media is all over it. I don’t see how they go another day without doing something drastic. Could be a coaching change, could be a major trade. Could be both. Who knows? But have to expect that tonight’s loss likely forces the front office into doing something drastic. 

Edited by RichieNextel305

There's not too many options available on the trade front as Holland has fucked them on the cap situation. The only other big move they can make is a coaching change. Gallant's name has been coming up a lot...

The team just has no defensive structure. They're constantly out of place and giving up odd-man rushes constantly. The goalies can't make a big save when it matters. And more concerning is McDavid and Draisaitl look lost. Shots constantly getting blocked, missed passes, getting pushed off the puck etc. Even when the Oilers were shitty defensively, they were able to score their way out of it, but they can't even do that now. Their once lethal PP looks lost. 

Also how the fuck is Nurse getting paid $9.5M AAV? Another major fuckup by Holland. I'm shocked he still has a job.

Edited by Karan

7 hours ago, Karan said:

Gallant's name has been coming up a lot...

The team just has no defensive structure. They're constantly out of place and giving up odd-man rushes constantly.

I'm sure Gerard can get the players to come together and make a plan for themselves, since he doesn't have the ability to do it himself.

7 hours ago, Karan said:

There's not too many options available on the trade front as Holland has fucked them on the cap situation. The only other big move they can make is a coaching change. Gallant's name has been coming up a lot...

The team just has no defensive structure. They're constantly out of place and giving up odd-man rushes constantly. The goalies can't make a big save when it matters. And more concerning is McDavid and Draisaitl look lost. Shots constantly getting blocked, missed passes, getting pushed off the puck etc. Even when the Oilers were shitty defensively, they were able to score their way out of it, but they can't even do that now. Their once lethal PP looks lost. 

Also how the fuck is Nurse getting paid $9.5M AAV? Another major fuckup by Holland. I'm shocked he still has a job.

That would be like going from Dorion to Chiarelli...

Yup, Gallant is most definitely not the answer for a team badly in the need of structure and accountability. I think Coach Q would their primary target but obvious issues would prevent that from happening and if they decide they simply need a new voice behind the bench, then Gallant might be the choice they land on 😄 

• LMFAO 1

2 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

Gallant is known for being that quick fix type which is what Edmonton needs. Obviously not the ideal coach overall, but someone who had shown to come in and get results quickly.

Likely to happen.

I have nothing to base this on but I don’t think we see gallant behind an nhl bench for a long time if ever again. 

Things are imploding on Long Island. Another really bad loss against a 3rd string goalie for the Capitals tonight. Lots of “Fire Lambert” chants up from the crowd late in the game. Players asked about it mainly voiced that they understand the fans frustrations. But Casey Czikas said that type of stuff pisses him off, and that he has no time for fans like that, and that if they’re gonna act that way, they can just stay home.

Oooof. 

Listen, that core has had a decent time together. They came close the Covid year and then got extremely close during that shortened season. If they got by Tampa in Game 7, they were winning the Cup. But, even with an elite goaltender, they (Lou) have showed such resistance to change that it’s almost mind blowing. They’re slow, they don’t have much offense, and as a group, their best kick at the can was taken and wasn’t successful. I know they just committed to Horvat and Sorokin so it’s unlikely to happen. But, some of the familiar faces may need to be moved to shake up the staleness there. It’s really a boring, bad team with good goaltending. I’ve seen Ranger teams like that with Hank back in the late ‘00s and even into 2010. Trust me, you aren’t going anywhere.

Edited by RichieNextel305