• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2022-23 Reports From the Rink

Drew a Penalty

2 minutes ago, 4EverRangerFrank said:

Lindgren's injury is worrisome. Appears to me that he tweaked it following seemingly harmless contact the other night. Wouldn't it be better to let him sit and heal? I don't have a good feeling about this going forward.

Me either, Big guy!  The way he was hanging that shoulder after the Oshie hit screamed "SEPARATED" to me.  I'm no doctor, I just play one on TV, but I think that shoulder is banged up.

I'd bet a million dollars that after the Ranger win the cup this season (you like that, right? 😃 ), he goes for surgery over the summer!

I actually think Mikkola is starting to play rather well, even as a 1D.  He hasn't been caught out of position and he's definitely good at letting the goalies see the shots.  It's taken him a little bit to catch on here, but don't look now, I think he's been pretty decent.

Edited by Ozzy
  • Like 3
  • Bullseye 1
  • TroCheckmark 1

...and to add to that.  We got him pretty much as on "Oh, by the way" kinda throw in with Tank.  I think Drury has done a damn good job in putting some solid pieces in place to take a serious run at this thing!

I'm on board, baby!!

But yeah, Mikkola is a pretty good skater, has what I believe to be an under-rated shot, and can clear the crease like a bulldozer on crack!

I usually watch to see whether Shesty strains to see around guys when facing shots;  This guy makes his path really clear, and especially the last few games I've noticed it more.  It may not be a coincidence his save % over the last 10 has been stellar.

15 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I actually think Mikkola is starting to play rather well, even as a 1D.  He hasn't been caught out of position and he's definitely good at letting the goalies see the shots.  It's taken him a little bit to catch on here, but don't look now, I think he's been pretty decent.

I like his ability to hit and his snarl. I'm just not sold on his ability to play against top talent.

• Cheers 1

41 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

Fox is playing like 1.5 men while Mikkola is trying to secure his .5 ownership of his side. 

Mikkola has done a really, really good job lately. Like, he's actually reliably good now.

8 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

I like his ability to hit and his snarl. I'm just not sold on his ability to play against top talent.

Well, he's pinch hitting right now. But given what's being asked of him, he's doing a tremendous job.

8 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

He looked pretty good in th Carolina games....especially once we started skating.  I thought he was pretty solid in the Panthers game too.  I like the way he's joining the play more, JSM!  He made a sweet dish to Panarin, that he should've buried, but I think it even surprised Bread!!  I saw him tap Mikkola on the pads after the play, like..."sorry man, I didn't know you could do that!"  LOL

The thing that worries me most is the comment that Lindgren made that he had this injury (whatever it is) earlier in the season and that it healed faster that time.  Sounds chronic, like something that just doesn't really heal until the off season.