• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2022-23 Reports From the Rink

Drew a Penalty

On 4/14/2023 at 6:30 PM, jsrangers said:

Standing -O for this kind of shit to the Org and the Garden of Dreams, this guy lost his sister in the Sandy Hook school shooting.  They're paying for his law school debit and Trouba gives him his cell number (normally a cool spot for a joke and who knows if he'll even be here BUT nothing but class here)

A great organization needs a great leader and representative. Trouba is that guy. Fantastic stuff.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sod16 said:

Rangers have called up Hayak, JBrod, Domingue and Jake L.  Jake L over Carpenter is a mild surprise given the difference in experience.

Usually teams call up more gritty types. Youd think Cuylle would be a no brainer as a call up. 

I guess these moves are more about not pulling anyone off the Hartford roster that can hurt their playoff run. JBrod though? Hajek too? I'd think they are amongst the better players down there. 

Then again,  these are the players who have spent the most time with the big club, so maybe it's a continuity thing. 

I think JBrod is a pretty good bet to make a respectable showing if called upon.  Hajek is unlikely to play, but I certainly can see calling him up over Robertson or any other D-man.  I certainly would want Carpenter over Jake L. as 4th line center if it came to that.

As for Domingue, I associate him with three things: spicy chicken, 17 saves in Game 1 OT, and a fluttering puck going over his shoulder in Game 6 (in that order).

21 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Has anyone listened to Lundqvist's podcast yet? I keep forgetting to, and he had Mike Richter on recently. 

Gonna throw it on in an hour as I drive back to the office so I’ll let you know.

3 episodes in he’s had richter, arod, and manning on so far. 

As good as we were in 1&2, Panarin was still absent. So was 93.

The future of Panarins Ranger tenure hangs in the balance here IMO. If we do in fact blow this lead and collapse and get bounced, I’m sorry. But Drury will have no choice but to investigate the trade market for Bread. 

For as good as he’s been in the regular season as a Ranger, he has been catastrophically bad in the playoffs. And we can’t continue paying for him to be this poor in crunch time. It isn’t healthy.

Panarin was excellent in game 1.  He just didn't show on the scoresheet.

I don't know what the answer is but if the Rangers can't collectively get this thing under control Drury is going to have no choice but to make moves designed to change the personality of the team and and GG and Panarin are the most likely victims of that movement.

2 hours ago, Pete said:

Panarin isn't going anywhere because cap.

GG is a goner. He should have been a goner in November. 

Problem is with Panarin's contract, he's not going anywhere. And 2 coaches so far have failed to get through his apparently thick skull that treating NHL games as a nightly  prettiest pass competition is bullshit. Totally maddening; a great talent with zero hockey IQ. 

At a loss collectively how any group of hockey players appear so disinclined to try to score goals. Is there any direction here at all? And that is a coaching failure. 

14 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Problem is with Panarin's contract, he's not going anywhere. And 2 coaches so far have failed to get through his apparently thick skull that treating NHL games as a nightly  prettiest pass competition is bullshit. Totally maddening; a great talent with zero hockey IQ. 

At a loss collectively how any group of hockey players appear so disinclined to try to score goals. Is there any direction here at all? And that is a coaching failure. 

You're a little bit over the top here. The guys putting up 100 point seasons, let's not act like he doesn't know how to play the game. 

Saying he has zero hockey IQ when he sees things happen on the ice that nobody else does... It's just your anger talking.

Edited by Pete
  • Like 1

God I hate this toad. I'm not even mad he isn't making changes. I just hate how he presents it. "We hope it'll get better". Well dumbass, with it going ice cold it cost us two games and the series could've been over by now. Now we're heading back to NJ after back to back losses. Schmuck. 

44 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I really wish he'd take Trouba off the PP2....he's all thumbs!  Let Miller do it!

It's a shame Zac Jones doesn't have a more complete game/the trust of the coaches, but at the same time I don't see a player in our D corp that sits for him either. Miller is probably the best option, I agree Ozzy

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

It's a shame Zac Jones doesn't have a more complete game/the trust of the coaches, but at the same time I don't see a player in our D corp that sits for him either. Miller is probably the best option, I agree Ozzy

I hear ya Czech...I always liked Zac, but that may be in line for next season....In the meantime I'm thinking:

Yukon

Trochek

Tank

Chytil - if they wanna go with 2 defenseman here because of the penalty expiring, go with Schneider!!! 

Miller

A.B.T = Anybody But Trouba....UGH.

56 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I really wish he'd take Trouba off the PP2....he's all thumbs!  Let Miller do it!

Trouba is terrible on the power play.

I'll never understand why they moved Zibby from the left circle on the power play.

Maybe it's time to put Panarin & Zibby on different pp units?

• Keeps it 100 1

Just now, RJWantsTheCup said:

Trouba is terrible on the power play.

I'll never understand why they moved Zibby from the left circle on the power play.

Maybe it's time to put Panarin & Zibby on different pp units?

I can dig this too...maybe Panarin with Tank on #2...I like Zibby with Kreider and Kane