• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2022-23 Reports From the Rink

Drew a Penalty

3 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Ferraro still hates the Rangers anyway, whether what he says is wrong or not. Let us have that at least. lol

If you watch games he's assigned to where the Rangers are not involved, you will see he's hypercritical all the time. 

I'm not going to comment on whether he likes or dislikes the Rangers, I'm just saying that's his schtick. He's not overly celebratory most of the time, he's mostly points out what other teams aren't doing well. 

Edited by Pete

Just now, Pete said:

If you watch games where the Rangers are not involved, you will see he's hypercritical all the time. 

I'm not going to comment on whether he likes or dislikes the Rangers, I'm just saying that's his schtick. He's not overly celebratory most of the time, he's mostly points out what other teams aren't doing well. 

No, you're not wrong about that. I just get the feeling he doesn't like them is all. I don't really care either way. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Yet nothing he said in that clip was inaccurate...

He answered the question of "who do you like the best in the Metro" with "not Rangers". That's like me asking you what your favorite pizza topping is and you say "not pineapple".  Focusing on the not to that type of question heavily implies you hate the not.

As for what he actually said, his argument stunk. He's using the PP to show how he doesn't like the Rangers' construction because it has too many of the same type. The PP is 28% since the trade deadline, 5th in the league. An argument could be made that they should be even better on the PP given the personnel, say Edmonton-level performance, but it's producing at an elite level. It's a bad argument from a bad hockey commentator.

The only thing he was right about was saying the Devils are a faster team.

• Keeps it 100 1

Saving for the playoffs....have some faith, fellas!  He's still got plenty in him.  No use wasting it when we can't move in the standings.

The guy's a 3 time Cup winner, and those don't grow on trees in this league anymore.  When the bell rings, this fucking guy is gonna answer it BIG TIME...watch! 

Believe Jason Sudeikis GIF by Apple TV+

• Believe 1

19 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Saving for the playoffs....have some faith, fellas!  He's still got plenty in him.  No use wasting it when we can't move in the standings.

The guy's a 3 time Cup winner, and those don't grow on trees in this league anymore.  When the bell rings, this fucking guy is gonna answer it BIG TIME...watch! 

Believe Jason Sudeikis GIF by Apple TV+

I smell a couple of big time goals. Late in 3rd...OT...

• Believe 1

22 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

I smell a couple of big time goals. Late in 3rd...OT...

I figure it this way...The guy is 34 yrs old, he's been there and done it 3 times.  He comes to NY, and we love the guy.  He's got absolutely nothing to prove in my book.  He knows what he's gotta do, and the rest of this season isn't important.

Get loose, get in shape...STAY HEALTHY, and when the playoff bell rings...It's...

The Ultimate Fighter Sport GIF by UFC

3 hours ago, Pete said:

Travel in the first round is not really going to be a thing no matter who they play. It's a quick trip either way. It's either a 90 min bus ride in traffic or an 90 min charter plane to Carolina. 

Sad but true lol

these playoffs are going to be really interesting.  i can see the rangers winning it all or being booted in the first round, and i can say the same for any of the 16 that are in it.

if anyone tells me they are sure of who's in the cup i call bullshit

we will see if the kane, tarasanko signings will bear fruit.  however we did go to the conference finals last year and we added two guys with 4 cups coming into the deadline.  thats good for the room and we are a tight group.

if they play defense which has been better of late we should be fine.  

tbh though the devils scare the fuck out of me.  there not a fluke.  feel like im living 94 over again where we win this one and they come back and win a few more.

13 hours ago, Slobberknocker said:

these playoffs are going to be really interesting.  i can see the rangers winning it all or being booted in the first round, and i can say the same for any of the 16 that are in it.

if anyone tells me they are sure of who's in the cup i call bullshit

we will see if the kane, tarasanko signings will bear fruit.  however we did go to the conference finals last year and we added two guys with 4 cups coming into the deadline.  thats good for the room and we are a tight group.

if they play defense which has been better of late we should be fine.  

tbh though the devils scare the fuck out of me.  there not a fluke.  feel like im living 94 over again where we win this one and they come back and win a few more.

Bruins......and I hope this doesn't age well.....

12 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

The Rangers match up well with Tampa. I wouldn't mind it at all. I wonder how Toronto feels about having to play them again. Imagine if the Leafs get bounced in the first round yet again? Oh man.

I gotta say I can’t see it happening. Tampa is always dangerous and anything can happen but Toronto just seems like the better team now. 

with that said- as spittin chiclets put it “if they don’t get out of the first round again just move the team”

1 minute ago, siddious said:

I gotta say I can’t see it happening. Tampa is always dangerous and anything can happen but Toronto just seems like the better team now. 

with that said- as spittin chiclets put it “if they don’t get out of the first round again just move the team”

Yeah, I think this is probably Toronto's time to move through, but Tampa Bay still has that pedigree that the Maple Leafs do not. If they don't win a cup with that core group, they're probably never going to. lol

Standing -O for this kind of shit to the Org and the Garden of Dreams, this guy lost his sister in the Sandy Hook school shooting.  They're paying for his law school debit and Trouba gives him his cell number (normally a cool spot for a joke and who knows if he'll even be here BUT nothing but class here)

Edited by jsrangers
  • Applause 2
  • Keeps it 100 1

On 4/14/2023 at 8:59 AM, Sharpshooter said:

Yeah, I think this is probably Toronto's time to move through, but Tampa Bay still has that pedigree that the Maple Leafs do not. If they don't win a cup with that core group, they're probably never going to. lol

For all the shit that gets talked about Toronto and the playoffs and deservedly so, eventually they’re going to break through and win at least a round.

13 minutes ago, RangersIn7 said:

For all the shit that gets talked about Toronto and the playoffs and deservedly so, eventually they’re going to break through and win at least a round.

I agree.

If they don’t win this year, I don’t know when the time is. This is a team that they nearly beat last year. And this matchup has essentially been locked in for many months now, so mentally they’ve been able to prepare themselves for Tampa. If they can’t get by them now, with all that time to prepare and all the adrenaline that city can provide during the playoffs plus this is a team that beat you in 7 last year, then I don’t know when their time is.

3 hours ago, Sod16 said:

Rangers have called up Hayak, JBrod, Domingue and Jake L.  Jake L over Carpenter is a mild surprise given the difference in experience.

Jake L over anyone is a surprise. I’d rather have Pete as a backup 4C, and I think there’s like 3 people named Pete on this forum and it doesn’t even matter which one I’m talking about.

Edited by BrooksBurner
  • LOL 1