• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2022-23 Reports From the Rink

Drew a Penalty

Just now, The Dude said:

If Q had to.walk away from Florida during the Hawks scandal,  I'd think he's done for good. 

I'm hoping Laviolette gets canned in Washington at seasons end and takes some time off. Giving the Rangers half a season to fire Gallant IF they don't win the cup this season.  

Lavioletre always seems to be just missed by the Ranger employment window. I love the way his teams play, but I fucking hate his teams. 

You know what Dude man, I feel the same way.  I hate playing against his teams, but as a coach I'd like him too!

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

If Q had to.walk away from Florida during the Hawks scandal,  I'd think he's done for good. 

I'm hoping Laviolette gets canned in Washington at seasons end and takes some time off. Giving the Rangers half a season to fire Gallant IF they don't win the cup this season.  

Lavioletre always seems to be just missed by the Ranger employment window. I love the way his teams play, but I fucking hate his teams. 

Lavi v. Torts for the winter classic was about as classic as it will ever get.....

• JIMMY! 1

13 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Nah. He's constantly overpowered down low. Screens his own goalie and does stupid shit with the puck in jis own end. Nemeth was slow, and would get walked but did a better job at getting the puck out of the zone. 

They both suck. I go with Harpur.  

Mikkola definitely is playing against better competition than he should. Last 4 games he played 25, 24, 19, and 23 minutes. If we get him down to 15-16 and provide smarter matchups, I think he'll do well. Agreed he needs to work on poking the puck up and not getting pinned/turning the puck over. 

Nemeth couldn't even accept a pass without it missing his stick, and his outlet passes were poor as well. Not even an issue of Arizona being bad, he was just not NHL-caliber.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, CCCP said:

thanks

where's Josh?

IDK, but his mom is concerned.  Between wanting more and more, she keeps asking if I've seen him on the boards. I say to her "Mrs. Josh's mom, you hush now and bend over again like a good Josh's mom". 

I Miss You GIF

• LMFAO 1

9 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

Mikkola definitely is playing against better competition than he should. Last 4 games he played 25, 24, 19, and 23 minutes. If we get him down to 15-16 and provide smarter matchups, I think he'll do well. Agreed he needs to work on poking the puck up and not getting pinned/turning the puck over. 

Nemeth couldn't even accept a pass without it missing his stick, and his outlet passes were poor as well. Not even an issue of Arizona being bad, he was just not NHL-caliber.

Meh. He looked like ass before the bump in icetime.  IDK. He doesn't do anything good. Hes going to be an issue in the playoffs. Much like Nemeth was. It's going to render Schneider unplayable only due to his shitty partner. I think Schneider has big game written all over him. Dude needs to play. 

I keep hearing Sam and Joe rave about Mikkolas skating  and it makes me angry. He is so stiff and baby deer on ice like.  I know it will piss you off, but I'd rather see Hajek over him. But definitely Harpur over either. Gotta wonder if they can add anyone via waivers before the playoffs.  

Edited by The Dude

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

IDK, but his mom is concerned.  Between wanting more and more, she keeps asking if I've seen him on the boards. I say to her "Mrs. Josh's mom, you hush now and bend over again like a good Josh's mom". 

I Miss You GIF

That's messed up.  Delete this shit

2 hours ago, CCCP said:

problem with the second scenario is that Tarasenko and Kane wont be here and all these acquisitions were for nothing. 

But i'd give Pete's right nut to keep Tarasenko

Makes sense, you've got none of your own to give....And I've got balls to spare.

Edited by Pete

53 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

The gap is minimal between Jonny Brod and Motte. Motte gets on the forecheck better physically. Brod is bigger and can line up at center and win draws.

Brodz is the prototypical 13/14 forward in the modern NHL.

Thats who that guy is.

2 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

Why in the actual fuck do we have Trouba and Zibanejad together? Trouba literally only shoots the puck. He doesn't QB. He doesn't pass or set up. 

With Zib, Trouba, Chytil and Vlad on the same unit with Kreider, I’m guessing Gallant is trying to make one «shoot the puck all the god damn time» unit and one «pass-pass-pass» unit with Fox, Panarin, Lafreniere and Kane.

1 minute ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

Wow, this is interesting. No Kakko on either. Not sure I want Laf on the «1st unit».

definitely don’t want Trouba on any of them, but I guess we dont have any options.

I have been wondering if they would do this. Can’t go wrong with either unit, and I really dig the configuration with righty on left boards and lefty on right boards for both.

I think Lafreniere has actually been very good down low this year. He has excellent hand/eye coordination. 2nd on team in tip goals with 5 (behind Kreider’s 8). Nice tip goal against Boston.

I would also imagine that Fox and Trouba are interchangeable on these units. At the start of every PP, I have no doubt Fox will be on the ice whether it’s the Panarin/Kane unit or Zib/Tarasenko unit getting the start.

• Like 1