• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2022-23 Reports From the Rink

Drew a Penalty

Expecting a Kravtsov trade any day. This is going to make sense regardless, to be honest. He’s not playing and he’s costing cap they can use at the deadline. I like the player, but I don’t see why he’s still here. Both he and the org made their beds on this one and now they must lie in it…4th round pick max offer? Ok. Take it then trade for that quality top 9 player next week. Drury has to blink first because the leverage isn’t there if he wants to legitimately improve the team further for this year.

2 hours ago, Cash or Czech said:

This is nuts. The thought that Kane is going to put this team over the top soooo much that they are going to play a forward short during a losing skid.....is the goal to win games and a cup or ice the most top heavy lineup. Didn't work for Toronto, probably isn't going to work in NY. Hope I'm wrong but a lot of time and sacrifice has gone into this trade when we can't even beat mid and low level teams recently.

19 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

This is nuts. The thought that Kane is going to put this team over the top soooo much that they are going to play a forward short during a losing skid.....is the goal to win games and a cup or ice the most top heavy lineup. Didn't work for Toronto, probably isn't going to work in NY. Hope I'm wrong but a lot of time and sacrifice has gone into this trade when we can't even beat mid and low level teams recently.

Getting Kane helps Cup objectives more than caring about 2-3 games in the regular season. The Rangers are just about locked into the 3rd seed in Metro.

• Bullseye 1

3 hours ago, BrooksBurner said:

Getting Kane helps Cup objectives more than caring about 2-3 games in the regular season. The Rangers are just about locked into the 3rd seed in Metro.

I just can't help but compare them to Toronto. How are we different? A better goalie when SHESTY is on but.....idk.

2 hours ago, jsm7302 said:

I just can't help but compare them to Toronto. How are we different? A better goalie when SHESTY is on but.....idk.

There are some parallels, but they never seemed to have a few of the "hard nose" guys like Trouba/Goodrow/Trocheck. Nor a game changing defenseman like Fox.

Shesty is the key, however. If Shesty finds himself, I firmly believe this team is going to win the Cup. They might have a game or two where they get completely stifled offensively, or "goalie"d, but if Shesty is there to cover up the defensive inefficiences, I like the Rangers to score enough goals consistently enough to win four 7 game series.

Edited by BrooksBurner