• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2022-23 Reports From the Rink

Drew a Penalty

Been a fan of this team for over 25 years (god damn I’m getting old) and I can’t remember such a consistently shitty schedule like the one they have this year.

after yet another set of back to backs they now have 3 nights off only to come back and have another set of back to backs.  I’m too lazy to count them but for certain this has to be some sort of record for back to backs in one season. Surprised this isn’t being discussed more. 

edit: sorry misread the schedule the back to backs are this coming Friday and Saturday. Still, brutal. 

Edited by siddious

I'm getting used to the Rangers being ahead in games played by now and having weird breaks due to that fact.

This has to be on us somehow though.  It has to be due to requests by the team because otherwise it is just bizarre how often we are a game or three ahead of the people we are chasing and then have to sit and watch them make the chase harder for several days.

3 hours ago, siddious said:

Been a fan of this team for over 25 years (god damn I’m getting old) and I can’t remember such a consistently shitty schedule like the one they have this year.

after yet another set of back to backs they now have 3 nights off only to come back and have another set of back to backs.  I’m too lazy to count them but for certain this has to be some sort of record for back to backs in one season. Surprised this isn’t being discussed more. 

edit: sorry misread the schedule the back to backs are this coming Friday and Saturday. Still, brutal. 

3 hours ago, Br4d said:

I'm getting used to the Rangers being ahead in games played by now and having weird breaks due to that fact.

This has to be on us somehow though.  It has to be due to requests by the team because otherwise it is just bizarre how often we are a game or three ahead of the people we are chasing and then have to sit and watch them make the chase harder for several days.

This is their circumstance for playing in an arena that is always in high demand for anything and everything under the sun.  

On 2/13/2023 at 10:24 AM, siddious said:

Awesome vid.

you almost forget how good this team has been over the last month and half or so. LGR!!!!

Awesome video, reminded me just how much I missed watching the Rangers game. Wednesday cannot come fast enough.....

8 minutes ago, Pete said:

I'd be stunned if he's moved. And if he is, we'll be looking for the exact same missing ingredient.

which the Rangers have been trying to find for years.....Every year they can't find players for the 4th line that works for them.  Goodrow is the perfect compliment for the 4th line IF the Rangers can find solid players around him.  Rangers trade Goodrow they're back to starting from scratch trying to fill those positions.

Goodrow, I think is vital for a playoff run.  I'll eat my hat if he gets dealt at the deadline.  All bets are off over the summer though.  But I still would like to be able to keep him.  He's one of those "All-purpose" types that work well here.

• Keeps it 100 1

31 minutes ago, Blue Heaven said:

Goodrow was also brought in for his playoff leadership, the only player with a ring on the team.   If the Rangers trade him, its not now, its during the off-season.  

Doesn't really defeat your point, but Tarasenko has a ring. Blais had one too. 

I also thing rings-in-the-room mattered a whole lot more to last years team than this one. They all went to the ECF - 6 games in. They get what it takes now.

• Cheers 1

38 minutes ago, LindG1000 said:

Doesn't really defeat your point, but Tarasenko has a ring. Blais had one too. 

I also thing rings-in-the-room mattered a whole lot more to last years team than this one. They all went to the ECF - 6 games in. They get what it takes now.

Totally forgot about Tarasenko....Yeah they went on a long run, but it was just a taste for Chytil, Laf, Kakko, Miller, Schneider, now they got their feet wet last season, but this would be the year they take the next step with as much winning leadership in the locker room.  Hopefully Tarasenko can get Panarin to get dirty rather than play in the perimeter the entire playoffs.  

16 minutes ago, Blue Heaven said:

Totally forgot about Tarasenko....Yeah they went on a long run, but it was just a taste for Chytil, Laf, Kakko, Miller, Schneider, now they got their feet wet last season, but this would be the year they take the next step with as much winning leadership in the locker room.  Hopefully Tarasenko can get Panarin to get dirty rather than play in the perimeter the entire playoffs.  

That's Panarin's game though.  He floats around the edges with some vision and makes beautiful passes.

I don't know what the answer is but Panarin's playstyle is a lot less effective deep in the playoffs when the opponents have narrowed down to those who always keep track of things on the ice.

And for people who are going to bring up the Gretzky analogy: Gretzky did most of his damage within 30 feet of the crease.  A lot of it down low where he used his tremendous vision and anticipation to setup easy goals for his teammates.

Edited by Br4d

Interesting factoid:

The Rangers are 5th in GA/GP on the season. Since the helmet toss game, they are 3rd. I’ve really felt their defense leaves a lot to be desired, but how does the eye test on that fail so miserably against what the stats say?

Another interesting one:

The Rangers are 9th in GF/GP. Since the helmet toss game, they are 2nd. Just slightly behind Edmonton. So since the helmet toss game, they are top 3 in both GF/GP and GA/GP. No other team is top 3 in both since that game. Not even the Bruins.

• Believe 1