• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2022-23 Reports From the Rink

Drew a Penalty

4 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Interesting factoid:

The Rangers are 5th in GA/GP on the season. Since the helmet toss game, they are 3rd. I’ve really felt their defense leaves a lot to be desired, but how does the eye test on that fail so miserably against what the stats say?

Another interesting one:

The Rangers are 9th in GF/GP. Since the helmet toss game, they are 2nd. Just slightly behind Edmonton. So since the helmet toss game, they are top 3 in both GF/GP and GA/GP. No other team is top 3 in both since that game. Not even the Bruins.

team winning GIF

19 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Interesting factoid:

The Rangers are 5th in GA/GP on the season. Since the helmet toss game, they are 3rd. I’ve really felt their defense leaves a lot to be desired, but how does the eye test on that fail so miserably against what the stats say?

Another interesting one:

The Rangers are 9th in GF/GP. Since the helmet toss game, they are 2nd. Just slightly behind Edmonton. So since the helmet toss game, they are top 3 in both GF/GP and GA/GP. No other team is top 3 in both since that game. Not even the Bruins.

It's an interesting factoid, but you would have to go and research what's going on with every other team in terms of injuries, strength of schedule, etc to make any type of correlation.

Sum that up as I refuse to give GG credit for anything. 

19 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Interesting factoid:

Another interesting one:

It's an interesting factoid, but you would have to go and research what's going on with every other team in terms of injuries, strength of schedule, etc to make any type of correlation.

Sum that up as I refuse to give GG credit for anything. 

29 minutes ago, RodrigueGabriel said:

C'mon, fewer points than Laf and a robust -25, he's having a banner year at $5m per.

Not to mention 56 PIM worth of offensive zone stick fouls.  

C'mon, it's not the guy's fault that he's playing with a bunch of guys like... himself.

1 minute ago, siddious said:

Can we put harpur back in the lineup. I think he’s better than mikkola. 

I don't know if I agree or disagree on who's better, but I know that of all the games he's played, last night he was pretty good. 

So I'm not saying don't dress the other guy, I'm just saying it's a weird time to bring it up. 

8 minutes ago, Pete said:

I don't know if I agree or disagree on who's better, but I know that of all the games he's played, last night he was pretty good. 

So I'm not saying don't dress the other guy, I'm just saying it's a weird time to bring it up. 

I mean.. maybe. I’m not saying he’s been terrible but I thought that third pair looked a little more steady with harpur.

We lost and this was what, the 4th game in a row they went down and had to try and climb back to win? Only reason I guess I bring it up (not that I’m blaming mikkola in particular). 

• Bullseye 1

6 minutes ago, siddious said:

I mean.. maybe. I’m not saying he’s been terrible but I thought that third pair looked a little more steady with harpur.

We lost and this was what, the 4th game in a row they went down and had to try and climb back to win? Only reason I guess I bring it up (not that I’m blaming mikkola in particular). 

Hat tip to Hellebuyck. There's no reason to make lineup changes after the first regulation loss in a month.

• Like 2
  • Bullseye 1

2 hours ago, siddious said:

Can we put harpur back in the lineup. I think he’s better than mikkola. 

2 hours ago, Pete said:

Mikkola is a legitimate NHL bottom pair guy.

Harpur is a 7th D.

Theres no question.

Play Mikkola. Let him and Schneider familiarize.

There’s 25 games… 30% of the season left.

Just roll please. 

• Keeps it 100 1
  • Believe 1