• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2022-23 Reports From the Rink

Drew a Penalty

I wouldn't get so down on those guys, fellas.  I know it's looked pretty shabby at times, but I don't think it's fair to ask those #6, and #7 Defensemen to play 22 minutes a game.  They're out there against unfavorable matchups a lot and they're not built for that, I don't think.  Not for 20+ minutes anyway.

Agreed!

He's a fine spare 7th but way less valuable as a  6th even if he  gets very limited minutes. He's played as if he was a throw in in the deal. Looking forward to his ice time being dialed way way back. Sooner the better. 

Edited by jsrangers

27 minutes ago, Pete said:

IMO Harpur is better than Mikkola. The only reason I can figure he'd still be playing is to get him acclimated.

When everybody's back and healthy, he's my seventh and Harpur is my sixth. 

I agree Harpur is way more composed with the puck IMO. I’ve seen him multiple times not panic-chuck the puck to wherever. He is capable of holding it and making a pass. It can get him in hot water on occasion because he’s not quick enough or good enough to make up for it if he holds too long and turns the puck over, but that’s why he’s a 3rd pairing kind of guy who you could maybe survive slotting up temporarily in a bad injury pinch.

I can’t tell you how many times I saw guys like Dan Girardi and Marc Staal as they regressed turn into panic chuckers. Throwing pucks to no man’s land under any kind of pressure. That kind of stuff causes turnovers and chaos in the DZ with high frequency.

• VINNY! 1

44 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

I agree Harpur is way more composed with the puck IMO. I’ve seen him multiple times not panic-chuck the puck to wherever. He is capable of holding it and making a pass. It can get him in hot water on occasion because he’s not quick enough or good enough to make up for it if he holds too long and turns the puck over, but that’s why he’s a 3rd pairing kind of guy who you could maybe survive slotting up temporarily in a bad injury pinch.

I can’t tell you how many times I saw guys like Dan Girardi and Marc Staal as they regressed turn into panic chuckers. Throwing pucks to no man’s land under any kind of pressure. That kind of stuff causes turnovers and chaos in the DZ with high frequency.

I noticed this too, but sometimes I think Harpur gets too cute. You're not Fox, bud. Get the puck out. 

4 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Gallant hates him

Gallant wants size on the 3rd pair.  Jones is much better with handling the puck than Harpur or Mikkola.  Not sure if there's a difference in any of the 3 defensively, but Jones cam definitely move the puck out of our zone better.  Granted it's the minors but he looked very confident Saturday night.

Kinda in a win-win situation with Gallant;

If we go in and win, fine!  We take the cheese and everyone is happy.

If we go in and flop, Gallant's outta here, I would think...and we'd have time to get another coach in here, to win with this team pretty much still in tact.

I want Quenneville to coach this squad so bad, it makes my head hurt!

• Like 1

Just now, Ozzy said:

If we go in and flop, Gallant's outta here, I would think...and we'd have time to get another coach in here, to win with this team pretty much still in tact.

I’ll probably be with you on the Q train in that scenario, since my guy Trotz is no longer on the market

1 minute ago, Ozzy said:

problem with the second scenario is that Tarasenko and Kane wont be here and all these acquisitions were for nothing. 

But i'd give Pete's right nut to keep Tarasenko

Just now, BrooksBurner said:

I’ll probably be with you on the Q train in that scenario, since my guy Trotz is no longer on the market

It was one or the other, RMC...I wouldn't have scoffed at Trotz, but that ship has sailed now.  I've wanted Quenneville for a while now.

Just now, CCCP said:

problem with the second scenario is that Tarasenko and Kane wont be here and all these acquisitions were for nothing. 

But i'd give Pete's right nut to keep Tarasenko

First off, welcome back man!!  I missed your funny posts!

You never know, man...We may be able to do some crazy shit under Drury.  You're probably right, but I've seen some stuff this season that certainly makes me NOT wanna underestimate the DRU!

1 minute ago, Ozzy said:

First off, welcome back man!!  I missed your funny posts!

You never know, man...We may be able to do some crazy shit under Drury.  You're probably right, but I've seen some stuff this season that certainly makes me NOT wanna underestimate the DRU!

thanks

where's Josh?

18 hours ago, Cash or Czech said:

@The Dude hey man I know you compared Mikkola to Nemeth but I'm watching NJ/Arizona and I will say...Nemeth is absolute hot garbage. Mikkola's been bad, but he ain't that bad.

Nah. He's constantly overpowered down low. Screens his own goalie and does stupid shit with the puck in jis own end. Nemeth was slow, and would get walked but did a better job at getting the puck out of the zone. 

They both suck. I go with Harpur.  

47 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

If Q had to.walk away from Florida during the Hawks scandal,  I'd think he's done for good. 

I'm hoping Laviolette gets canned in Washington at seasons end and takes some time off. Giving the Rangers half a season to fire Gallant IF they don't win the cup this season.  

Lavioletre always seems to be just missed by the Ranger employment window. I love the way his teams play, but I fucking hate his teams. 

• Cheers 1
  • Keeps it 100 1