• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers-Hurricanes Round Two — General Series Thread

Phil

How many games for the Rangers to win?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

I feel like momentum is 100% with the Rangers after last night. 

Like @Petesaid, it's a very different feeling letting a 2 game lead slip like that. Surely the fact they can only score 1/60 is starting to really grate on them, and they needed a bad turnover to get their 1 last night. Also feels like the Rangers are coming to grips with the forecheck, which was rendered fairly inconsequential last night. Maybe I'm seeing what I want to see, but unbelievably enough it feels like the Rangers are grinding them down and they look a bit jaded. Like has been said, they're a completely different proposition at home, but if the Rangers come out flying in game 5 they are without question there for the taking. 

Edited by Gravesy
  • Like 1

Waking up tied in this series is amazing. Feel like this is a “right where we want em” kind of moment. 

CAR is frustrated. Their big names ain’t doing shit, their tough guys are out-toughed, their best player was Hank’s backup. This is an insanely winnable series. 

• TroCheckmark 1
  • Keeps it 100 2
  • Believe 1

22 minutes ago, Pete said:

Carolina is also way more frustrated today at 2-2 than the Rangers were at 0-2. They're panicking. Aho looks lost, as does Svechnikov. Tony who?

Their best player had been Raanta. Now that's shot to shit. 

Believe or be gone. 

The Best Good Job GIF by Apple TV+

Carolina is more frustrated now than they were with Boston in the same spot. Going home, as bad as they played in Boston, they absolutely worked the Bruins in Carolina. Us? Not so much. We almost stole one of those games there, and the other was 1-0 essentially.

If we can get on the board early again Thursday, then all bets are off. That’s the key with this team. Get on the fucking board first and let them chase you.

• Like 1

Remember the salty Penguins fans? Canes in 4? Yeahhhhhhh.....about that...😎

Far from over, winner of Game 5 likely takes the cake. And it may be Carolina's time after getting bounced last year but winning Metro this year. But no matter what happens, this is our first playoff foray in 5 years. The success so far is incredible. Igor is gonna be doing what Vasilevskiy is doing when the D in front of him has an average age over 24. The crazy thing is we're just going to keep getting better.

• Believe 4

Gallant made two observations in his presser: (1) he doesn't believe momentum carries over game to game; and (2) either team could have won every game in this series. To that, I would add that Carolina's home advantage/road disadvantage is exaggerated, and a road team is likely to win at least one of the remaining games in this series.

1 minute ago, Sod16 said:

Gallant made two observations in his presser: (1) he doesn't believe momentum carries over game to game; and (2) either team could have won every game in this series. To that, I would add that Carolina's home advantage/road disadvantage is exaggerated, and a road team is likely to win at least one of the remaining games in this series.

Games 1-3 - sure. 

Game 4? Nope. Rangers were exceptional in game 4 and were not losing that game.

• TroCheckmark 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

2 minutes ago, phillyb said:

Games 1-3 - sure. 

Game 4? Nope. Rangers were exceptional in game 4 and were not losing that game.

A couple of pucks find the net when they had us on our backs for almost all of the second period.  Sure could have happened.  

26 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Any idea on a time for Game 6?

Probably all depends on EDM/CAL tomorrow.  Going to assume if EDM wraps up the series tomorrow, Rangers will play at 7 or 8 PM.  If EDM/CAL go to a Game 6, Rangers will be on in the afternoon, and EDM/CAL at night.  

3 hours ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

I'm calling it now. Goody comes back and scores the game winner in game 7.

Where does he play? 

I know people are a bit down on Kakko, but he hasn’t earned a benching.  Strome on the other hand.