• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers-Hurricanes Round Two — General Series Thread

Phil

How many games for the Rangers to win?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

Just now, jsm7302 said:

No way am I sitting Reaves. Has to be Rooney.

Goodrow and Blais are skating but idk if Blais has a spot on this roster at the moment....

I''d be weary of putting someone in who hasnt played all season long in a game 5-7 situation. 

4 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

No way am I sitting Reaves. Has to be Rooney.

Goodrow and Blais are skating but idk if Blais has a spot on this roster at the moment....

Hard to put him in the lineup after that long of a lay off.

Besides…. He just started skating in the past 7-10 days. He’d need at least 3 weeks of skating before game ready and cleared to play. And that’s a conservative estimate.

Its probably more like a month+ of skating and practice after that injury and surgery before you can play.

4 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Hypothetically, and I can’t stress it enough: HYPOTHETICALLY…

If we get out of this series and play Tampa, who would have home ice? We both had 110 Points. They had 51 wins, we had 52. Believe they may have had one more ROW. Just curious.

We get home ice. 

2 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I’d think so. I looked fast and didn’t realize we actually have more ROW too.

Yup

How is home-ice advantage determined?

With each series consisting of seven games, that means one team will host four contests and the other will host three – this is called home-ice advantage.

In the first two rounds of the NHL playoffs, home-ice advantage is determined by seeding – the team with the higher seed gets it.

When the playoffs reach the Conference Finals, home-ice advantage is then determined by regular-season record, regardless of seeding.

https://usblog.betway.com/nhl/how-do-the-stanley-cup-playoffs-work-stanley-cup-explained/#:~:text=In the first two rounds of the NHL,then determined by regular-season record%2C regardless of seeding.

1 hour ago, rmc51 said:

Kakko sits for him. Pretty easy call too.

Reaves and Rooney will sit for Goodrow and Blais. This isn't even much of a question - doubly so because if Goodrow or Blais comes back soon, they're probably not 100% there and setting up some kind of rotation there makes a good deal of sense. . 

1 hour ago, G1000 said:

Reaves and Rooney will sit for Goodrow and Blais. This isn't even much of a question - doubly so because if Goodrow or Blais comes back soon, they're probably not 100% there and setting up some kind of rotation there makes a good deal of sense. . 

Don't see Reaves sitting any of these games to be honest. Even if we make it past Carolina. I'll give you Rooney could be an option for Goodrow. He's almost as useless as Kakko.

11 hours ago, Pete said:

Gallant isn't sitting Reaves this series. 

10 hours ago, rmc51 said:

Don't see Reaves sitting any of these games to be honest. Even if we make it past Carolina. I'll give you Rooney could be an option for Goodrow. He's almost as useless as Kakko.

Yeah, Reaves isn't going anyplace.  He's been the inspirational leader in that locker room, and he one fucking hell of an insurance policy against these little bastards.

If anyone is sitting for Goody, it's Rooney.  Goodrow can play center, and also Motte can in a pinch.  I like Rooney, but he can't go winless on faceoffs for an entire game.

53 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Yeah, Reaves isn't going anyplace.  He's been the inspirational leader in that locker room, and he one fucking hell of an insurance policy against these little bastards.

If anyone is sitting for Goody, it's Rooney.  Goodrow can play center, and also Motte can in a pinch.  I like Rooney, but he can't go winless on faceoffs for an entire game.

I keep saying it...Faceoffs are a team stat. There's a reason every center is below 50% and Copp came here and went from 54% to just under 50% and is at 44% in the playoffs.

• Applause 1

3 minutes ago, Pete said:

I keep saying it...Faceoffs are a team stat. There's a reason every center is below 50% and Copp came here and went from 54% to just under 50% and is at 44% in the playoffs.

Oh you're absolutely right, Pete...but the main point I'm getting at is that Rooney is the guy that should probably sit in the case Goody returns.  We've sucked at face offs all season.  Rooney just appears to be the odd man out in my opinion.

Hey, while we're at it here...what's your take on The new and improved "Playoff" Chytil??  LOL

I'm seeing a new side of him!

1 minute ago, Ozzy said:

Oh you're absolutely right, Pete...but the main point I'm getting at is that Rooney is the guy that should probably sit in the case Goody returns.  We've sucked at face offs all season.  Rooney just appears to be the odd man out in my opinion.

Hey, while we're at it here...what's your take on The new and improved "Playoff" Chytil??  LOL

I'm seeing a new side of him!

I don't really notice him, which is better than actively spewing vile hate speech at the TV when I see him. So, better.

Still think GG needs to leave the kid line alone and work through it. Especially Kakko.

Just now, Pete said:

I don't really notice him, which is better than actively spewing vile hate speech at the TV when I see him. So, better.

Still think GG needs to leave the kid line alone and work through it. Especially Kakko.

Yeah, I wasn't a fan of moving Kakko to the 4th line...but it worked out.  We won!  GG's pushed all the right buttons this year, so I can't really get on him.

I think our boys, Strome and Panarin bust out tonight and bring us a big "W"!

1 minute ago, Morphinity said:

I thought the 4th line was horrendous the other night, but not necessarily worse than usual. Kakko is a fantastic wall guy, but he never really had a chance to use that skill because they spent all their ice time in the defensive zone. 

Yea, I mean Rooney gets 67% DZS and can't win a draw...tough look.

30 minutes ago, Karan said:

Have they announced the time for Saturday's game yet?

They wont be doing that until the EDM-CGY  game tonight is resolved as the Rangers start time is predicated on if there’s a Game 6 for the EDM-CGY series. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Pete said:

Still think GG needs to leave the kid line alone and work through it.

Yeah, I think so too. I honestly think all three of them have looked the best when playing together these playoffs. 

Part of me wants to see Panarin moved up to Mika and Kreids. We're just not getting shit out of him at 5v5 as things stand. Go

Panarin/Zib/Kreider

Kids line

Vatrano/Strome/Copp

Motte/Rooney/Reaves/Goodrow

But reverting to the lines that started the playoffs is maybe the best route.

• TroCheckmark 1

4 hours ago, Pete said:

The other night Zibanejad won a face-off and Carolina beat the closest Ranger to the puck making it a loss.