• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers-Hurricanes Round Two — General Series Thread

Phil

How many games for the Rangers to win?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

7 hours ago, Myusername said:

Will each passing game it's becoming more and more clear that the Canes are lacking the sort of elite talent that you need to advance far in the playoffs, let alone win a cup. Aside from Aho there is not one forward on that team that really scares me. It doesn't help that a lot of their depth has pretty much been completely negated (Svechnikov, Kotkaneimi).

They play a very structured game and are coached well but you need those players that can individually affect an outcome of a game and they don't really have that otherwise they would have stepped on our throat long ago. 

Like Panarin.....

They have a team that wins by committee. I think they have the tools to go to the cup finals as much as the Rangers or the Lightning.

• LMFAO 1

On 5/16/2022 at 12:41 AM, Keirik said:

No. You have to get that mentality out of your head. Why not us? We have a Norris winner on our team. Canes don’t. We have the guy about to win a Vezina on our team. Canes don’t. We have a 50 goal scorer. Canes don’t. We have a guy with 70 assists on our team. Canes don’t. We have a coach that’s been to the finals at his position. Canes don’t. Zibanejad was second in our team in points. He would have been tied with Aho.

We aren’t playing the 84/85 Oilers out there.  We are playing a beatable team. We just learned a hell of a lot about ourselves tonight and all series. Believe in this team. 

I reiterate what u said before the series started.

Let's fucking gooooooo!!!!

• Cheers 1
  • Believe 2

Maybe this is just me talking out of my ass, but I have NEVER seen this fanbase this united. I know a ton of people who even made the trip down there. Everyone wants to pull this upset off. I hope this resonates down to the players. Because if they are as amped up as this fanbase is today…..

1 hour ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Maybe this is just me talking out of my ass, but I have NEVER seen this fanbase this united. I know a ton of people who even made the trip down there. Everyone wants to pull this upset off. I hope this resonates down to the players. Because if they are as amped up as this fanbase is today…..

They'd be some amped up mother fuckas...

• Keeps it 100 1

• Phil unpinned this topic
11 minutes ago, rmc51 said:

We know the pain Canes fans feel right now. Their team reminds me a lot of the Rangers teams in the past. Great team with a shit PP that ultimately sinks the team. What a pitiful PP they have.

@CanesFanRandy Good series! I’m sure we’ll play again within the next couple of seasons. 

So true. Both PP and PK no less

15 minutes ago, rmc51 said:

We know the pain Canes fans feel right now. Their team reminds me a lot of the Rangers teams in the past. Great team with a shit PP that ultimately sinks the team. What a pitiful PP they have.

@CanesFanRandy Good series! I’m sure we’ll play again within the next couple of seasons. 

That's because half their team is the Rangers of the past.

• Keeps it 100 1

4 minutes ago, Long live the King said:

Happy Eddie Murphy GIF by Laff

Tony is a good player but at  at the end of the day he's not really in the same stratosphere as Fox. Fox's hockey IQ on a bad day is about 50 points higher than DeAngelo's on a good day.

The crazy thing is I think Fox has another level he has yet to reach

6 hours ago, Myusername said:

Tony is a good player but at  at the end of the day he's not really in the same stratosphere as Fox. Fox's hockey IQ on a bad day is about 50 points higher than DeAngelo's on a good day.

The crazy thing is I think Fox has another level he has yet to reach

Yeah this series emphatically put it to bed. Guy was a liability out there all series long…fox just keeps doing his thing and picked it up a level in game 7

Fox' IQ has to be off the charts, he's below average size. Below average skater. Below average shot, yet, he's ultimately as effective as anyone, and after a so so regular season, has, at times, looked like the best D on the planet.

I thought Tony was OK. Their PP went to shambles when he got hurt, and never recovered. I really like the way he runs the PP. Very crisp passing in the OZ, but can't get his shot through, like Fox does. I don't think their PP woes are on him. They just don't have as much upfront as the big boy PPs. Svechnikov was useless, and looks like a second tier scorer, much like Aho. After those two, it's a deep roster, but a roster of 3-5 million dollar players.

• Like 2
  • Bullseye 1

1 minute ago, Dunny said:

Fox' IQ has to be off the charts, he's below average size. Below average skater. Below average shot, yet, he's ultimately as effective as anyone, and after a so so regular season, has, at times, looked like the best D on the planet.

I thought Tony was OK. Their PP went to shambles when he got hurt, and never recovered. I really like the way he runs the PP. Very crisp passing in the OZ, but can't get his shot through, like Fox does. I don't think their PP woes are on him. They just don't have as much upfront as the big boy PPs. Svechnikov was useless, and looks like a second tier scorer, much like Aho. After those two, it's a deep roster, but a roster of 3-5 million dollar players.

Yes. They are the Rangers tems we used to watch, without the elite goaltending. Great depth - probably 2nd to none in that department. Not enough high end talent. Bad PP.

10 minutes ago, Dunny said:

Agreed -- quantity more than quality.

How long have we clamored to be more physical?

How long have we wanted a big body who toes the line?

Where is our tiger we can attempt to tame?

CAR goes into the offseason with 6 ex-Rangers who have all been there before. Brendan Smith ain't the tough guy, NYR learned that the hard way. 

If I were a Canes fan, I'd be pretty dissatisfied with game 7.

Blown out at home.

First period penalties that led to goals were self-inflicted, were not necessary to eliminate an immediate goal-scoring opportunity.

Blown coverage on the Kreider power play goal.

Penalty kill did not resemble regular season performance.

Giving up the 2 first period goals to fall behind, and chasing the game from then on.

Power play impotent, didn't score until game out of reach.

Scoreboard pressure leading to DeAngelo pinching, resulting in Rangers goal.

Defensive zone turnover leading to Chytl goal.

Credit to Rangers.

• Keeps it 100 1

That Goodrow guy....we may need him come playoff time, eh?  LOL

That 4th line must be a huge pain in the balls for a team to have to go against!

I forget who said it but, it was like, "These are the type of players that get you through the playoffs".

...and think of that 2nd pairing.  K'Andre is turning into an elite defender right in front of our eyes, and Trouba is an absolute wrecking ball!

"Ya best keep yer head up when crossing that blue line, boys!  The Trouba Express is in the vicinity!"  ...reminds me of Scott Stevens a little bit.

• Applause 1