• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Will be in on Patrick Kane

Phil

And yes, after raising the issue early last season, I will raise it again now and probably not for the last time: What is Patrick Kane’s worth as a rental to our Rangers after the hockey club was shut down four straight times by Tampa Bay?

No, Jonathan Toews does not enter the discussion.

https://nypost.com/2022/06/18/claude-lemieux-is-exactly-what-devils-need-in-next-leader/

Edited by RichieNextel305

14 hours ago, josh said:

Nemeth plus a 4th if his cap hit is under 3m.

great idea, turkey neck. 

I dunno...throw in Georgiev, plus Hyek. One fo those Steve Somers overnight trades proposed by some agrophobe consisting of "my team gives your team all it's dregs for your superstar, totally irrespective of salary and the other team's needs". That was half of FAN's callers way back. 

22 hours ago, Bugg said:

I dunno...throw in Georgiev, plus Hyek. One fo those Steve Somers overnight trades proposed by some agrophobe consisting of "my team gives your team all it's dregs for your superstar, totally irrespective of salary and the other team's needs". That was half of FAN's callers way back. 

"HEY, MIKE! THANKS FOR MY TAKING MY CALL! HOW ABOUT DIS!? THE RAINJAHS TRADE BRAWDZINSKI, HAJEK, GEORGIEV, NEMETH AND A SECOND TO CHICAWGO FOR PATRICK KANE!? I'LL HANG UP AND LISTEN!"

• LOL 1
  • LMFAO 5

57 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

"HEY, MIKE! THANKS FOR MY TAKING MY CALL! HOW ABOUT DIS!? THE RAINJAHS TRADE BRAWDZINSKI, HAJEK, GEORGIEV, NEMETH AND A SECOND TO CHICAWGO FOR PATRICK KANE!? I'LL HANG UP AND LISTEN!"

You "forgot first time long time", and it's pronounced Heyak! 

6 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

I made that trade in NHL ‘99 I think.

• 3 weeks later...

Being discussed on NHL Network Radio. With DeBrincat now out, Chicago appears to be in a full rebuild and now speculation may begin on a potential Kane trade if he asks out. Rangers and Avalanche were two teams brought up who would have interest, but also who Kane would have interest in.

5 minutes ago, josh said:

Can’t give up the shut they’ll ask for. He’s a luxury with other needs. 

don’t go chasing waterfalls 

Would essentially mean they're committed to Chytil as 2C. Kakko goes the other way. 

He wants to win. And he doesn’t strike me as a guy who would want to play in a small market.

I really think (and have thought) this might be the route Drury goes to fix the second line. I understand, the need is a center. But I would be completely fine giving Chytil a look in between these 2.

There’s still an issue with no centers. Goodrow was a “back up c” that could take draws. They played mckegg because they didn’t have Cs  last season. No Strome, and now cap space going to Kane, it’s not about Chytil playing 2C, it’s about your 3C and 4C, and having little money to fill those holes. 

If goodrow is a full time C, you still need another guy that can shift to C if needed. 

2 hours ago, Pete said:

Would essentially mean they're committed to Chytil as 2C. Kakko goes the other way. 

Don't think they traded 21 year old RFA Dach just to throw the Kane asset away for 21 year old RFA Kakko. I'd assume they'd want the rest of our draft 22 draft + 23 1st and Othmann   

40 minutes ago, josh said:

There’s still an issue with no centers. Goodrow was a “back up c” that could take draws. They played mckegg because they didn’t have Cs  last season. No Strome, and now cap space going to Kane, it’s not about Chytil playing 2C, it’s about your 3C and 4C, and having little money to fill those holes. 

If goodrow is a full time C, you still need another guy that can shift to C if needed. 

A big part of the depth chart problems the Rangers have right now is Drury trying to make Gorton's talent choices all fit.  We're still not far away enough from Gorton's departure for Drury to have anything like a free hand in assembling the roster.

The trade deadline was great last year but *all* of those guys are gone because they didn't fit under the cap structure that Gorton laid out and that is still driving the Rangers choices today.

Drury has to be pulling his hair out at some of the choices he is going to have to make this off-season and over the next couple until he's actually in the driver's seat with a roster of his own making.

Thinking outside the box is definitely going to help him but any move he makes could blow up in his face sooner rather than later.

59 minutes ago, Br4d said:

A big part of the depth chart problems the Rangers have right now is Drury trying to make Gorton's talent choices all fit.  We're still not far away enough from Gorton's departure for Drury to have anything like a free hand in assembling the roster.

The trade deadline was great last year but *all* of those guys are gone because they didn't fit under the cap structure that Gorton laid out and that is still driving the Rangers choices today.

Drury has to be pulling his hair out at some of the choices he is going to have to make this off-season and over the next couple until he's actually in the driver's seat with a roster of his own making.

Thinking outside the box is definitely going to help him but any move he makes could blow up in his face sooner rather than later.

Yea, Gorton shouldve used our #2 or #1 for a center. No question about it. Look at how the draft played this year. Everyone took what they needed instead of the expected #1.

36 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

Yea, Gorton shouldve used our #2 or #1 for a center. No question about it. Look at how the draft played this year. Everyone took what they needed instead of the expected #1.

Which often isn’t the best route. More often than not, teams do what the Rangers did which is take BPA and worry about what happens depth wise later. If Kakko and Lafreniere were both 35 goal scorers, no one would be caring right now. And for all we know, the teams that went after need over BPA may come back and regret it if Shane Wright turns into Patrice Bergeron 2.0.