• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Will be in on Patrick Kane

Phil

12 minutes ago, LindG1000 said:

I don't think there's a chance in hell you're seeing anything considered a premium asset moved here. No Miller, no Othmann, no 1st. Staple reported as much today

The trade may literally be a pick or two, with a condition that bumps the pick to either the 2023 or 2024 1st if we win the Cup this year. I don't think this is going to be a big return at all.

I'd also add that if Kane really wants to be in NY, he can be. He just needs to do it on our terms - and if he was willing to go this scorched earth to make it happen right now, he's probably thinking very differently than most upcoming free agents.

I was referring to the proposal of Kane signing an extension and having Chicago eat half as the post I was replying to suggested. 

I've seen several takes on a regular trade. There's plenty of ways this can go.

Don't forget.  Chicago doesn't have to trade him. Heck. There's no talk about Toews being on the move. Kane can bitch all he wants. Chicago doesn't have to appease him if they still have to pay him as he leaves. Had he played better during the season,  it wouldn't have had to come down to the wire like this. 

Not getting why Chicago had to do him any favors, whenhe hasn'tdone any favors for them in this situation. Could have gotten max return last year. 

1 hour ago, BrooksBurner said:

That’s got my wheels spinning, because I’d give a lot more if Kane signed a 1-2 year extension $5-6M per and Chicago retained half.

I want to see what he does here before any kind of extension.

Then, we can extend for 1 year and keep him on LTIR for half the season while he rehabs his surgery and eats his Cheerios from the Cup.

7 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I was referring to the proposal of Kane signing an extension and having Chicago eat half as the post I was replying to suggested. 

I've seen several takes on a regular trade. There's plenty of ways this can go.

Don't forget.  Chicago doesn't have to trade him. Heck. There's no talk about Toews being on the move. Kane can bitch all he wants. Chicago doesn't have to appease him if they still have to pay him as he leaves. Had he played better during the season,  it wouldn't have had to come down to the wire like this. 

Not getting why Chicago had to do him any favors, whenhe hasn'tdone any favors for them in this situation. Could have gotten max return last year. 

I got ya.

Though, Chicago doesn't have to trade him, but the options right now are "trade Kane for what the Rangers will give us" or "lose him to the Rangers in July for nothing". Both options suck, but one has assets coming to Chicago - even middling ones. And oh yeah, did Davidson screw the pooch here. No doubts they could have gotten far better value in a less restricted situation.

Oh, and they're not trading Toews because he's on LTIR with long COVID. 

6 minutes ago, Phil said:

Zac Jones, Conditional 2024 2nd (becomes first if Rangers win the Cup). That's it.

That's absolutely my ceiling here.

I don't even know if Jones is on the table though it would make sense. The Rangers just got a 1st for Nils Lundkvist - Jones is basically on the same trajectory without the label of being a former first-rounder. If Kane is really forcing his way...I don't know why that's on the table unless it's literally the piece Davidson needs to not get lynched by the fanbase. I feel like "If Jones, no 1st" makes a good deal of sense.

The return feels like a "save face" return - probably a pick or two, maybe a depth player doing well at the AHL level. 

1 minute ago, jsm7302 said:

We play so fast that we can't get back to our zone to defend!!!! Lame excuse. How quickly we forget Panarin getting ragdolled. I'm not saying I want Reavo back but geez, we have Trouba to answer the bell and that's really it. Playoffs will be interesting.

Maybe bring up Cuylle for the playoffs

• Phil locked this topic