• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Will be in on Patrick Kane

Phil

3 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

That’s got my wheels spinning, because I’d give a lot more if Kane signed a 1-2 year extension $5-6M per and Chicago retained half.

Now that.....that would be something special knowing our current situation with the cap. Wow, Drury deserves an award if that happened.

• Keeps it 100 1

11 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

That’s got my wheels spinning, because I’d give a lot more if Kane signed a 1-2 year extension $5-6M per and Chicago retained half.

That's the situation where our 1sts are on the table IMO.

That said...Kane's kind of done it all at this point. He has made over 100M. He's won 3 Cups. He's won the Conn Smythe. He's got a Hart. He's got an Art Ross. It wouldn't shock me in the least if he just decides he wants to have fun playing hockey with his boy Panarin and staying competitive until he's too old to do it - and what better place to do that than here? Add that to what apparently is a laser-focus on coming here - just here - and I think there's a discount contract to be had. 

Would not surprise me at all if we do this run, Kane has his surgery and takes the half-season LTIR, and we do it again next year.

• Believe 1

12 hours ago, BrooksBurner said:

It doesn't matter. Tampa hasn't had anyone physically intimidating for the most part in the top 9. They've had pretty big boys who could be effective at playing a grinding style of hockey on their 4th line though. Rangers kind of mimicking this approach to be honest. Too bad they have a coach who doesn't properly weigh the importance of sound defensive structure above all else.

Meh. Their forwards play a little bit more physicall.  Not as pass happy and they kinda start a lot more physical battles than the guys the Rangers have. They give more than they take in that regard. They push back 

Having Kreider and Tarasenko should even that up as they are built like trucks. But they have been playing like trucks that have a 4 cylinder engine. 

The pussy hockey needs to stop.

Washington gave a good example on how to defend the Rangers the other night. Push them even further to the perimeter than they already play.  Let them have the middle of the ice, because they won't go there. Play physical. Intimidate Panarin and Zibanejad and it's over.

36 minutes ago, LindG1000 said:

That's the situation where our 1sts are on the table IMO.

That said...Kane's kind of done it all at this point. He has made over 100M. He's won 3 Cups. He's won the Conn Smythe. He's got a Hart. He's got an Art Ross. It wouldn't shock me in the least if he just decides he wants to have fun playing hockey with his boy Panarin and staying competitive until he's too old to do it - and what better place to do that than here? Add that to what apparently is a laser-focus on coming here - just here - and I think there's a discount contract to be had. 

Would not surprise me at all if we do this run, Kane has his surgery and takes the half-season LTIR, and we do it again next year.

I'd think Miller would be in play. Maybe that's why he's said to be in a crappy mood  and with the spitting. 

Doubt it. This is a pure rental. Hopefully it costs as little as people are suggesting.

If Othmann is in the deal. I shit all over it and Drury and anyone who is OK with it. I'm not really ok with giving up a 1st either. A couple of 2s and Jones is the max I'm ok with. 

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I'd think Miller would be in play. Maybe that's why he's said to be in a crappy mood  and with the spitting. 

Doubt it. This is a pure rental. Hopefully it costs as little as people are suggesting.

If Othmann is in the deal. I shit all over it and Drury and anyone who is OK with it. I'm not really ok with giving up a 1st either. A couple of 2s and Jones is the max I'm ok with. 

I don't think there's a chance in hell you're seeing anything considered a premium asset moved here. No Miller, no Othmann, no 1st. Staple reported as much today

It doesn’t sound like the Blackhawks and Rangers have finalized what exactly is going to be in the trade. Kane is obviously going the Rangers’ way. The Blackhawks aren’t expected to get what they were hoping for in exchange for Kane when this whole process began. The Rangers aren’t giving up a first-round pick and a quality prospect. That seems to be pretty certain. The Rangers almost surely would have sat out a prospect playing for AHL Hartford on Saturday night if that player were heading to Chicago, so the deal may only be Kane for draft picks. The details should be ironed out in the next few days.

The trade may literally be a pick or two, with a condition that bumps the pick to either the 2023 or 2024 1st if we win the Cup this year. I don't think this is going to be a big return at all.

I'd also add that if Kane really wants to be in NY, he can be. He just needs to do it on our terms - and if he was willing to go this scorched earth to make it happen right now, he's probably thinking very differently than most upcoming free agents.