• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Will be in on Patrick Kane

Phil

6 hours ago, LindG1000 said:

Honestly, this whole thing, the need for "banks" or "brokers" to retain salaries, the returns on Jeannot - these are screaming out loud that the cap is fundamentally stupid. Not that the owners will ever do it, but if it takes five goddamn picks to acquire Tanner Jeannot, if it takes this level of cap tinkering to save the 30k or whatever for Kane to come to Broadway, if it takes three teams to do standard TDL acquisitions, if the Oilers, Rangers, Knights, and others have played games with less than a full team because of the cap? It's time to evaluate the inflexible hard cap, because this kind of stupidity is damaging to the sport.

Agreed.  I posted a few days ago that I would much rather have a soft cap with some kind of luxury tax.  Why penalize the teams that have the money to spend?  With the luxury tax they would still be helping the teams that don't have the money.  Instead now they'll be helped financially instead of through pity.

1 minute ago, torontonyr said:

Won't happen until Wednesday due to the carpenter call up, from what I understand. We need to accrue enough cap space to call Schneider back up.

Wednesday was what it was looking like. I’m reading a lot on Twitter that it may actually be able to be complete tomorrow.

Either way, not like it matters. At this point, it’s safe to say he’ll make his debut in Philly on Wednesday. And how ironic.

• JIMMY! 1
  • Believe 1

1 minute ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Wednesday was what it was looking like. I’m reading a lot on Twitter that it may actually be able to be complete tomorrow.

Either way, not like it matters. At this point, it’s safe to say he’ll make his debut in Philly on Wednesday. And how ironic.

What a glorious moment. Sinking the hearts of all those pieces of crap.

• Keeps it 100 1

14 minutes ago, torontonyr said:

Won't happen until Wednesday due to the carpenter call up, from what I understand. We need to accrue enough cap space to call Schneider back up.

If the CapFriendly tweet is accurate and they have the cap room today, this can likely just be greenlit tomorrow so that Kane can play Wednesday.

36 minutes ago, Phil said:

If the CapFriendly tweet is accurate and they have the cap room today, this can likely just be greenlit tomorrow so that Kane can play Wednesday.

Also, and I don’t know who cares to hear this, that guy Avery Zarestsky, the kid from BarStool they call “the Ranger guy,” keeps saying it’s going to be announced tomorrow.

Maybe some will laugh that off. But I will say this: he got the Tarasenko trade before anyone else, and he has been on about every aspect of this Kane deal since the beginning. So, I am going to lean toward believing what he is saying. And again, he’s saying it looks like this will be finalized tomorrow.

Edited by RichieNextel305
  • Believe 1