• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Will be in on Patrick Kane

Phil

11 minutes ago, CBrowningPI said:

With getting Kane the NHL East Frenzy article says "the Rangers have arguably the best top 6 in the NHL". I can't remember ever hearing that.

Best Top 9 - and it's not even close with Kane in the lineup. They already arguably have the best top 9. Top 6 is closer, how can anyone say a top 6 with McDavid and Draisaitl doesn't win there. I can't. But our Top 9 as a group is already terrifying and this just makes it worse for everyone else.

For me, and I hate to say it, but with this move you have to split the kids up. The 2 lines of:

Kreider-Mika-Tarasenko

Panarin-Trochek-Kane

is soft as all hell. I would try to split the kids up to add some jump/size on each line and try this or something similar:

Laf-Mika-Kane

Panarin-Chytil-Tarasenko

Kreider-Trochek-Kakko

54 minutes ago, Phil said:

If the CapFriendly tweet is accurate and they have the cap room today, this can likely just be greenlit tomorrow so that Kane can play Wednesday.

I think the issue is the recall, not acquiring Kane. I'm no expert though, just what I see on social.

11 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

He’s on a lot with Biz and Ryan Whitney on the podcasts. He’s a lunatic Ranger fan. Gretzky called him “the Ranger guy” during a picture he was taking with all those guys, so that nickname has stuck.

Not helping, LOL. I don't listen to those guys.

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

And the top 9 forwards are softer than grandma's prune shits. 

It doesn't matter. Tampa hasn't had anyone physically intimidating for the most part in the top 9. They've had pretty big boys who could be effective at playing a grinding style of hockey on their 4th line though. Rangers kind of mimicking this approach to be honest. Too bad they have a coach who doesn't properly weigh the importance of sound defensive structure above all else.

• VINNY! 1

32 minutes ago, Jdog99 said:

I know the panarin-kane connection is all the hype, but i think the kreid-zib pairing could use him more. And tarasenko looks like hes more comfortable with panarin-tro

Tarasenko, when acquired, made a lot of sense because he was more of a shoot first guy. I like him with 93 and 20 because, as we saw with Vatrano last year, he’s a sniper. I’d rather him up there, putting pucks on net off the rush.

Kane and Panarin, though both playmakers, had a knack of turning one another into shooters back in Chicago. I’m hopeful that will happen again here.

• Believe 1

2 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I agree simply because I see reputable people saying it on Twitter. I thought it was Wednesday though. 

Just explain for me how it’s tomorrow. All this math with the cap has made my head spin. I’ve seen tomorrow mentioned as THE day for this. Just wanna know how.

I’ve seen every day from Monday-Thursday. At this point I think drury just hopes the league has no idea and let’s it slide whenever it happens.

• LOL 1