• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Will be in on Patrick Kane

Phil

I understand people not being on board for Kane or a player of his age. But saying he’s not worth the package he may demand is something I don’t agree with. He’s not 37-38. He’s 33, still a point-per-game player at the moment (would probably rise playing on a better team and with a player like Panarin) and someone who is one of the most clutch superstars in recent memory.

2 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I understand people not being on board for Kane or a player of his age. But saying he’s not worth the package he may demand is something I don’t agree with. He’s not 37-38. He’s 33, still a point-per-game player at the moment (would probably rise playing on a better team and with a player like Panarin) and someone who is one of the most clutch superstars in recent memory.

Richie, I just don't think Kane checks all the boxes of what the team can use for a deep playoff run, but that's me.  I love Kane...as a matter of fact I'm actually a pretty big fan of his and Toews.  I'd wanna see us bring in a guy who is much more dependable on face offs, can play with grit, and also add a certain veteran presence to that 3rd line for Yukon and Goat.

At the beginning of the season I was on board the Getzlaf train, but I think JT Miller has a bit more in the tank right now, and seems to me like he's a perfect fit.

Backup goalie is another important piece that we'll have to address sooner than later...but for now we'll just hold our breath every time there's a shot on goal!!  LOL

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I'm not sure that's the move that puts the over the top, though. Especially at the expense of cost controlled prospects that are better defensively, kill penalties and/or play C for the current  squad

No, Chytil isn't holding up a trade for Kane, but there are holes to fill and Kane doesn't fill those, while creating more for the cost to obtain via trade 

13 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I’m not saying he’s the right fit here. But if Kane ever became available, he isn’t of the age or declining ability to not be worthy of a top tier return if Chicago retained 50%.

I don't think he's going to cost Gauthier + 3rd (plus a 2nd rd pick to Arizona to eat more cap)

I mean, look at what Brooks is suggesting. Fuck no. 

I think I would give up more for a hurt hold out Eichel, for comparison.

8 minutes ago, siddious said:

I dont see how we get Miller and also keep Strome so its a non-starter for me.

The way you do it is you HAVE to get retention. We do have the pieces to give them that incentive. This upcoming offseason you have to trade Chytil. Or you trade Chytil in the first place and yes. you do need a C replacement but you can give Barron a go there. Hell, we’ve been playing Chytil at C when he’s disastrous from the dot anyway. Plus Rooney has played  C and regularly took draws the last three years so if that isn’t working with Barron you can give Rooney a try. I don’t really want to touch the 4th line though. 

I don’t play Miller at 3c though. I plant him with Strome and Panarin and that line becomes just insane. I drop Hunt down to the third, maybe give Alf some AHL time and hope that sparks him when they call him back up after the Olympic break, and you have Barron to take his roster spot for a bit. 

Either way, you are using Miller in big spots from the dot or shifting him around where necessary. 

My thing though is I do it sooner rather than later. I’d rather have a year and 2/3rds of Miller than waiting til the trade deadline and have less time. 

Kreider  Zibanejad  Kakko

Panarin  Strome  Miller

Hunt  Barron  Gauthier

Rooney  Goodrow  Reaves

• Like 1

Money wise if you got the Canucks to do 50% retention, next year you are getting a cap hit for Miller at 2.6m which is almost identical to what Chytil is. They probably have to move on from Nemeth next year to clear up a tad more but that’s not exactly a bad thing.

honest question though - how many deals happen where the end result is 50% retention regardless of whether it's a 2 or 3 team deal?  I don't remember any I'm sure it has probably happened but is it as common as we are throwing it around here as a possibility for guys like Kane/Miller etc.? 

I would think you're going to have to seriously  overpay with high ceiling young guys for it to even be considered. Not a deal where it's one guy, some draft picks and a pulse or two.

14 minutes ago, Keirik said:

The way you do it is you HAVE to get retention. We do have the pieces to give them that incentive. This upcoming offseason you have to trade Chytil. Or you trade Chytil in the first place and yes. you do need a C replacement but you can give Barron a go there. Hell, we’ve been playing Chytil at C when he’s disastrous from the dot anyway. Plus Rooney has played  C and regularly took draws the last three years so if that isn’t working with Barron you can give Rooney a try. I don’t really want to touch the 4th line though. 

I don’t play Miller at 3c though. I plant him with Strome and Panarin and that line becomes just insane. I drop Hunt down to the third, maybe give Alf some AHL time and hope that sparks him when they call him back up after the Olympic break, and you have Barron to take his roster spot for a bit. 

Either way, you are using Miller in big spots from the dot or shifting him around where necessary. 

My thing though is I do it sooner rather than later. I’d rather have a year and 2/3rds of Miller than waiting til the trade deadline and have less time. 

Kreider  Zibanejad  Kakko

Panarin  Strome  Miller

Hunt  Barron  Gauthier

Rooney  Goodrow  Reaves

Lafreniere? 

Look at your bottom 6. That's the shit that's prevented this team from going to the playoffs 

Edited by josh

3 minutes ago, josh said:

Lafreniere? 

Look at your bottom 6. That's the shit that's prevented this team from going to the playoffs 

I must have deleted the part about ALF. I give him a little breather in the A. Call him back up a few weeks later and hope he’s gotten a new perspective. 

what’s so different about my bottom 6? Okay, if u don’t send down Alf even though he desperately needs it, the only real roster different is Chytil who isn’t exactly doing much either. 

3 minutes ago, Keirik said:

I must have deleted the part about ALF. I give him a little breather in the A. Call him back up a few weeks later and hope he’s gotten a new perspective. 

what’s so different about my bottom 6? Okay, if u don’t send down Alf even though he desperately needs it, the only real roster different is Chytil who isn’t exactly doing much either. 

You mentioned it

Are you Pete or something? Get your head on straight! 

You're icing an AHL 3rd line because of nonsensical drama 

• LOL 2

17 minutes ago, josh said:

You mentioned it

Posts like this are the reason no one likes you and you have no friends. 

26 minutes ago, josh said:

You mentioned it

What drama? I’m getting .JT Miller and giving up solely Chytil from our current roster. I’d say that’s pretty good 

50 minutes ago, jsrangers said:

honest question though - how many deals happen where the end result is 50% retention regardless of whether it's a 2 or 3 team deal?  I don't remember any I'm sure it has probably happened but is it as common as we are throwing it around here as a possibility for guys like Kane/Miller etc.? 

I would think you're going to have to seriously  overpay with high ceiling young guys for it to even be considered. Not a deal where it's one guy, some draft picks and a pulse or two.

Technically I believe the Leafs still have Kessel on retention lol

Edited by Keirik