• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Will be in on Patrick Kane

Phil

• Phil changed the title to Rangers Will be in on Patrick Kane

Same. It's happening. My guess is they convince either Montreal or Arizona to jump in on double retention to make the dollars work.

Probably like Kravtsov + conditional pick to Chicago, and then some low-end prospect + mid-round pick to either third party club for the help.

• Believe 1

18 minutes ago, Phil said:

100%. And Motte-Goodrow-Vesey is a really, really good fourth line, too.

Doesn't even have to be Kane to make that happen. Another RW that can play in the top 6 is what I've been saying for a month. Plops the guys who should be on the 4th line where they belong.

Edited by The Dude
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Pete said:

Yes I understand the difference between playoffs and regular season. But Vesey actually scores the goals you want to see in the playoffs. He goes to the net. Scores dirty goals.

If Kane doesn't pan out I'm OK with what we have now. 

I'm OK with what they have, too. I just think there's still room to upgrade. Getting a natural top-six winger gives you better odds of those goals actually going in when you need them to and makes an OK fourth line a good one. It just makes a lot of sense. If Kane doesn't work out, I still think there's value to adding another player who can more reliably fill that role.

If they don't, I'm OK with what they have now, too, but I think they can definitely improve still.

• Like 1

Chicago goes out West after this, I believe. I wonder if it’s possible if Kane talks with Davidson before making the trek out to California?

Personally, I hope this isn’t something that waits until the deadline just to give him more time to acclimate. If it happens.

I would have to imagine that if Drury is investigating this, he has already spoken with potential 3rd party teams about potential compensation. I don’t think this is the type of situation where we wait until Kane makes his decision, then go out and talk to teams about that. And like others have said, if Kane says Rangers or bust, Davidson knows he isn’t getting top dollar back.

I just want this to fucking happen already.

• Believe 1

Another thing I’ll add is this. Recently there was a thread up asking how we felt about this team and how far they’ve come since the letter went out 5 years ago.

And here we are, 5 years later, one of a handful of teams in the East expected to make a run, and we have an All-Time great who is pining to play for us. I know a lot goes into wanting to come to New York and play for the Rangers. But for a player like Kane, who has been there and done that plenty of times and has the resume he has, to want to be a member of your organization as badly as he apparently does, speaks volumes about where you are in your development.

So while we may not know what the future holds both in terms of where we end up come the warmer weather days and even in the next week in terms of whether or not Showtime makes his way to Broadway, I think the answer to that thread about how far we’ve come since the letter went out is obvious. And that is that we’ve come a long fucking way.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

6 hours ago, BrooksBurner said:

So Patrick Kane has 2 goals and an assist tonight against the 2nd best defensive team in the league in Dallas. I’m not sure enough people understand that Kane on a hot streak can win you a series almost by himself. 

Are you kidding? There's no one who doesn't understand that. 

4 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Chicago goes out West after this, I believe. I wonder if it’s possible if Kane talks with Davidson before making the trek out to California?

Personally, I hope this isn’t something that waits until the deadline just to give him more time to acclimate. If it happens.

I would have to imagine that if Drury is investigating this, he has already spoken with potential 3rd party teams about potential compensation. I don’t think this is the type of situation where we wait until Kane makes his decision, then go out and talk to teams about that. And like others have said, if Kane says Rangers or bust, Davidson knows he isn’t getting top dollar back.

I just want this to fucking happen already.

They need to find a 3rd team and they still need to wait until the deadline for the cap space. 

30 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Another thing I’ll add is this. Recently there was a thread up asking how we felt about this team and how far they’ve come since the letter went out 5 years ago.

And here we are, 5 years later, one of a handful of teams in the East expected to make a run, and we have an All-Time great who is pining to play for us. I know a lot goes into wanting to come to New York and play for the Rangers. But for a player like Kane, who has been there and done that plenty of times and has the resume he has, to want to be a member of your organization as badly as he apparently does, speaks volumes about where you are in your development.

So while we may not know what the future holds both in terms of where we end up come the warmer weather days and even in the next week in terms of whether or not Showtime makes his way to Broadway, I think the answer to that thread about how far we’ve come since the letter went out is obvious. And that is that we’ve come a long fucking way.

Eh... Plenty have players forces their way here or wanted to come here when they weren't great. I think players want to play in NY regardless. 

TBH if Panarin were a Dallas Star, Kane would be one right now. 

• VINNY! 1