• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Will be in on Patrick Kane

Phil

2 hours ago, RodrigueGabriel said:

It's all on him? I thought a lot of it was finding another team with the cap space, an affordable price for it, and a willingness to help the Rangers become bulked up beyond imagination. I can't see the Hawks running around trying to line up financing when what they get back is likely to be super shitty at best - if you hold it up against the final Eichel deal. (Although still prob better than nothing.) I would think it would be mostly on Drury to put all the pieces together. 

As far as we know he has still not given his list or even talk to the GM about being traded at all. 

There's been not one report of him asking out or giving a list, everything has been speculative. 

IMO, if the list of trade partners disappears it's largely on Kane. 

9 minutes ago, Pete said:

As far as we know he has still not given his list or even talk to the GM about being traded at all. 

There's been not one report of him asking out or giving a list, everything has been speculative. 

IMO, if the list of trade partners disappears it's largely on Kane. 

I think that significantly downplays the role of the GM here. Kyle Davidson has fucked this up pretty badly by acting as if the ball is in Kane's court instead of putting on his big boy pants and simply saying that they're going to trade him. Which is, of course, his job as GM.

Kane's pouring kerosene on the flames here, but it's by no means Kane's job to initiate the trade process. 

• Like 2
  • Keeps it 100 1

1 minute ago, LindG1000 said:

I think that significantly downplays the role of the GM here. Kyle Davidson has fucked this up pretty badly by acting as if the ball is in Kane's court instead of putting on his big boy pants and simply saying that they're going to trade him. Which is, of course, his job as GM.

Kane's pouring kerosene on the flames here, but it's by no means Kane's job to initiate the trade process. 

Agree and disagree. In a vacuum, yes, you’re right. It’s the GM’s job. 

But this also is a very tricky spot because you’re dealing with maybe the most iconic player in the history of an iconic franchise; maybe the best American to ever play.

So while yes it’s the GMs job, he is also trying to do right by a guy who has done so much for that franchise.

• Like 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

8 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Agree and disagree. In a vacuum, yes, you’re right. It’s the GM’s job. 

But this also is a very tricky spot because you’re dealing with maybe the most iconic player in the history of an iconic franchise; maybe the best American to ever play.

So while yes it’s the GMs job, he is also trying to do right by a guy who has done so much for that franchise.

Right - and the way you do that is by being direct. You're not doing right by the guy if you hem and haw and put the onus on him to tell you where he wants to be traded. You tell him straight-up that you're going to trade him and invite him into the process. Or - and this is a thing - he says "no, I don't want to uproot my family or live away from them for a few months" and that's the end of that. Kane has that right in his contract.

Either way, gotta lay the blame at the GMs feet here.

• Keeps it 100 1

10 minutes ago, LindG1000 said:

Right - and the way you do that is by being direct. You're not doing right by the guy if you hem and haw and put the onus on him to tell you where he wants to be traded. You tell him straight-up that you're going to trade him and invite him into the process. Or - and this is a thing - he says "no, I don't want to uproot my family or live away from them for a few months" and that's the end of that. Kane has that right in his contract.

Either way, gotta lay the blame at the GMs feet here.

If I were a betting man, based on what he had said to the media after the Tarasenko trade and how he wasn’t happy to hear about it, Kane had previously been direct. He wanted Rangers. Period.

The equation has changed if the Rangers communicated they are no longer interested, which might take time to figure out where else he might be open to going if anywhere. If this is the case, then it’s on Kane to communicate that. Can’t expect a GM to spend time working out trade details just to have Kane refuse to waive. On the other hand, if the Rangers have communicated they are still interested, there’s no new decision to be made from Kane. It’s solely on Davidson to make it work, or be spiteful and get nothing.

Brooksie has joined in on the fun and is an official member of the “Why Not Get Kane?” Crew.

https://nypost.com/2023/02/20/rangers-can-still-get-patrick-kane-with-this-vitali-kravtsov-move/

And he’s right. Things look good now for sure. But our direct competition in the East are only going to get stronger before this is all said and done.

It’s on Kane. He clearly wants to be here. Forward that to your GM and see if it could be worked out. If it can, then why the fuck not?

Drury is obviously going for it. If you’re gonna go for it, go for it. Lets load up and make a fucking run at this thing.

Go get him, Dru.

Showtime->Broadway.

excited chicago blackhawks GIF by NBC Sports Chicago

Edited by RichieNextel305
  • Believe 2

1 hour ago, BrooksBurner said:

If I were a betting man, based on what he had said to the media after the Tarasenko trade and how he wasn’t happy to hear about it, Kane had previously been direct. He wanted Rangers. Period.

The equation has changed if the Rangers communicated they are no longer interested, which might take time to figure out where else he might be open to going if anywhere. If this is the case, then it’s on Kane to communicate that. Can’t expect a GM to spend time working out trade details just to have Kane refuse to waive. On the other hand, if the Rangers have communicated they are still interested, there’s no new decision to be made from Kane. It’s solely on Davidson to make it work, or be spiteful and get nothing.

Yup. Can't blame Kane here. He isn't sitting on shit. Davidson is.

3 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Brooksie has joined in on the fun and is an official member of the “Why Not Get Kane?” Crew.

https://nypost.com/2023/02/20/rangers-can-still-get-patrick-kane-with-this-vitali-kravtsov-move/

And he’s right. Things look good now for sure. But our direct competition in the East are only going to get stronger before this is all said and done.

It’s on Kane. He clearly wants to be here. Forward that to your GM and see if it could be worked out. If it can, then why the fuck not?

Drury is obviously going for it. If you’re gonna go for it, go for it. Lets load up and make a fucking run at this thing.

Go get him, Dru.

Showtime->Broadway.

excited chicago blackhawks GIF by NBC Sports Chicago

If the Rangers jumped and got Tarasenko.  Who's to say Kane hasn't soured on the Rangers fir not making it happen?

If the Rangers can get him for next to nothing,  what's stopping other teams from offering more? What if anyone amongst the tops in the league makes even a decent offer? 

We hope NY is where he wants to play. But, why not Colorado,  Boston, Carolina , Tampa, Vegas, Pittsburgh, Dallas, or even Edmonton? There are some options for him if double retention is in play. 

To get here. He just has to say so. He hasn't.  

7 minutes ago, Pete said:

Last night's game kind of reinforces that creating offense is not the issue, keeping pucks out is. 

Not to mention....Vesey creates a good amount of chances on his line. Chemistry is finally arriving with our lineup. Why mess with what is working? Kane isn't coming here. The GM and coach have to see  what the rest of us do; a team as opposed to a conglomerate of individuals. The leadership is there, the battle is there and the talent is there. Consistency on the backend is the sole issue and I feel like that may auto correct in the final sprint. Hope Kane lands somewhere else because this team is ROLLING.

18 minutes ago, Pete said:

Last night's game kind of reinforces that creating offense is not the issue, keeping pucks out is. 

They would be much better served by adding a forward that can be used in a defensive role vs an offensive one.

Also… yeah, you’d love Vesey on your 4th line… but hasn’t he earned top-9 minutes?

He doesn’t look out of place there.

7 minutes ago, RangersIn7 said:

They would be much better served by adding a forward that can be used in a defensive role vs an offensive one.

Also… yeah, you’d love Vesey on your 4th line… but hasn’t he earned top-9 minutes?

He doesn’t look out of place there.

Agree, I think Domi is the add here. It'll keep a guy like VZ honest knowing that there's a guy like Domi on the fourth line who could slide up.