• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Will be in on Patrick Kane

Phil

7 minutes ago, Dunny said:

Jimmy Vesey shuttles back and forth between your top 2 lines

Stanley Cup Contender

Pick one. 

Exactly. Right now, even with Tarasenko, they're likely to have at least one of Vesey or Goodrow in their top-six. That's not exactly confidence-inspiring.

3 minutes ago, Phil said:

Exactly. Right now, even with Tarasenko, they're likely to have at least one of Vesey or Goodrow in their top-six. That's not exactly confidence-inspiring.

And yet somehow the team won 20 something of their last 30 games and is finally scoring at even strength... 

I keep coming back to... Kane is a nice to have. Getting better defensively nets the same result.

I can really go either way here. 

Edited by Pete
  • Like 1

Just now, Pete said:

And yet somehow the team won 20 something of their last 30 games and is finally scoring at even strength... 

Regular season. They're winning, but the game tightens up big time in the playoffs when a whole series can be defined by your inability to score just one of those goals in a key game.

Vesey works in bursts, not as a full-time top-six player. Ditto for Goodrow.

• Like 1
  • Bullseye 1

1 hour ago, Pete said:

I got you, until the bolded. 

If your scenario plays out, the only drastic change needed would be a coaching change. And that doesn't require picks and prospects. 

Yes, a coaching change would be a top consideration.

But even now, well need picks and prospects as a way to creatively fill holes left by cap casualties.

18 minutes ago, Phil said:

Regular season. They're winning, but the game tightens up big time in the playoffs when a whole series can be defined by your inability to score just one of those goals in a key game.

And I’d love to see them work together on a 4th line with Motte. It would be nice to have a 4th line with no mobility issues and one that could defend and have no anchors out there when it comes to offense.

I get people going to the analytics with Kane. That’s fine. But the guy is a monster come playoff time. He just knows how to find time and space and create chances in tight spots.

Can you imagine having to game plan for a team that has this type of depth in the Top-9? The Kid Line, a line built for playoff hockey, would be out there against a teams 3rd pair. 

I am obviously of the belief of going for it. Forget game planning other teams. Let them try and figure out how to stop this roster from scoring. Even if 1 line is being defended or shut down; it’s unlikely all 3 of those lines would be kept quiet consistently.

• Believe 1

1 hour ago, Phil said:

Yes I understand the difference between playoffs and regular season. But Vesey actually scores the goals you want to see in the playoffs. He goes to the net. Scores dirty goals.

If Kane doesn't pan out I'm OK with what we have now. 

Brooksie confirms it: the Rangers are officially after Kane.

https://nypost.com/2023/02/22/rangers-eyeing-patrick-kane-before-nhl-trade-deadline/

Maybe Patrick Kane will ultimately become the Rangers’ version of a white whale. Maybe the three-time Stanley Cup winner from Chicago will never make it to Broadway.

But The Post has learned, Rangers general manager Chris Drury is metaphorically saying, “Never say never.”

According to sources, the Rangers have signaled they will try to make it work if Kane — who has yet to declare his intentions — is willing to waive his no-move clause in order to come to New York. We are told interest has not waned in the least since the acquisition of Vladimir Tarasenko from St. Louis on Feb. 10.

That, and not an additional fourth-liner, is the game Drury is hunting.

Oh. My. Goodness.

Edited by RichieNextel305
  • Believe 1

Vegas just cleared an ass ton of cap space. They are gearing up for some kind of move. Youd have to think Kane is an option for them.

Golden Knights trade Weber's contract to Coyotes for Dysin Mayo

https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/2581506

Chicago also just took on some salary  in a deal with Ottawa that is just strange.

Senators trade Zaitsev, picks to Blackhawks for future considerations

https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/2581611

5 minutes ago, Phil said:

Kane and another fourth liner means they're subtracting from the roster. Maybe someone like Goodrow. Lafferty is probably who they want.

According to sources, the Rangers have signaled they will try to make it work if Kane — who has yet to declare his intentions — is willing to waive his no-move clause in order to come to New York. We are told interest has not waned in the least since the acquisition of Vladimir Tarasenko from St. Louis on Feb. 10.

That, and not an additional fourth-liner, is the game Drury is hunting.

@Phil 2nd quote on the very bottom line from Brooks- 

I think he's saying Kane, nothing for the 4th line.

Edited by jsrangers