• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Will be in on Patrick Kane

Phil

Kane almost had a beautiful farewell to Chicago if this was his final game there as a Hawk. Replays appear that it went in with .1 seconds left, but whatever replay Toronto had said time expired. Close but was a great moment.

Would have been his 6th goal in 3 games. Got the assist on the game tying goal late in the 3rd. 

Edited by RichieNextel305

6 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I read recently that Domi was being pursued by the Canes, who really enjoyed having him around.

Well have all our answers in about a week thankfully.

We enjoyed having his irrelevant ass aground Carolina too last year 🙂

• LOL 1

2 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Kane almost had a beautiful farewell to Chicago if this was his final game there as a Hawk. Replays appear that it went in with .1 seconds left, but whatever replay Toronto had said time expired. Close but was a great moment.

Would have been his 6th goal in 3 games. Got the assist on the game tying goal late in the 3rd. 

Happened to see this while flipping through channels. It was a great shot, it looked like it beat the horn, the CH broadcast had a view where it was in with .01 left. He really ripped a frozen rope top shelf. World class move. Would of been a hell of a way to skate off the ice for his last home game as a Hawk if he does get moved. He tried the same shot in the shoot out from about five feet closer and it was saved. 

8 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Damn I wanted this guy badly.

But they shot their shot with VT.

Maybe the feeling of being with the Rangers and having it taken away will get him to sign for a discount this summer. 🤣

• Believe 1

13 minutes ago, Pete said:

Damn I wanted this guy badly.

But they shot their shot with VT.

Maybe the feeling of being with the Rangers and having it taken away will get him to sign for a discount this summer. 🤣

A part of me is still holding out hope for something wild to happen this week or next but that is a long shot. Selfishly, would be awesome to see him here.

But summer would be nice too!

• Believe 1

In all seriousness, that would have been epic. A lot of the talk last night was centered around how it may be his final game at home as a Hawk. And he was a split second away from literally a movie type finish.

Regardless of whether it was or not, still a wild ending. How often do you see a game won like that? Was like the Richards game in Phoenix back in 2011-2012. And that was just a fluke goal.

A breakaway? 4 seconds left? A slapshot? Come on. Wild stuff. And it coming from him just added to the theatrics.

Based on conversations I've had with sources around the league, the behind the scenes talks with the Rangers were more advanced than have been reported. There was a path for Kane going to New York, his preferred destination should he leave Chicago, and then suddenly it felt like it was taken away -- which is why you saw him react so vulnerably to the Vladimir Tarasenko trade.

That comes from this article:

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/35706678/latest-patrick-kane-boston-bruins-more-trade-buzz

And this part is also in there…

I believe he's asked to explore if going to the Rangers is still an option. It's not impossible, but would require serious maneuvering.

Edited by RichieNextel305
  • JIMMY! 1
  • Believe 1

Biz said something very similar yesterday. He said he had heard from reliable sources that talks between the Rangers and Chicago were more advanced than anyone knew, and that Kane had “one foot out the door and was on his way to NYC” when all of a sudden the Blues swooped in and the Rangers grabbed Tarasenko.

Listen, I know it sounds wild. But if Kane again reiterates a desire to be here, it pushes Chicago into a corner where they either accept a lower Ranger offer or hold onto a guy they respect and basically not honor his wishes.

Tricky spot. But, this is getting interesting.

• Believe 1

18 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Biz said something very similar yesterday. He said he had heard from reliable sources that talks between the Rangers and Chicago were more advanced than anyone knew, and that Kane had “one foot out the door and was on his way to NYC” when all of a sudden the Blues swooped in and the Rangers grabbed Tarasenko.

Listen, I know it sounds wild. But if Kane again reiterates a desire to be here, it pushes Chicago into a corner where they either accept a lower Ranger offer or hold onto a guy they respect and basically not honor his wishes.

Tricky spot. But, this is getting interesting.

If this is true, the way I take it is that Kane was going to cost more than Tarasenko, and the Rangers found the cheaper price for Tarasenko to be a more attractive option. That means the price was more than Blais/1st/4th, or similar in price but without a Mikkola equivalent coming back.

Thinking about it some more, it is a little hard to see the Blackhawks not taking a 1st round pick for Kane. I’m not sure how the GM sells it to the fans that Kane was only worth a 2nd and mid level prospect(s) or something. The easier sell is probably that Kane just didn’t really want to be traded to a realistic landing spot.

• Believe 1

2 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

If this is true, the way I take it is that Kane was going to cost more than Tarasenko, and the Rangers found the cheaper price for Tarasenko to be a more attractive option. That means the price was more than Blais/1st/4th, or similar in price but without a Mikkola equivalent coming back.

Thinking about it some more, it is a little hard to see the Blackhawks not taking a 1st round pick for Kane. I’m not sure how the GM sells it to the fans that Kane was only worth a 2nd and mid level prospect(s) or something. The easier sell is probably that Kane just didn’t really want to be traded to a realistic landing spot.

I would tell Chicago our other 1st this year is off the table.

However, I would give them a conditional draft pick next year, lottery protected, that could potentially turn into a 1st if the Rangers/Kane meet certain expectations this year in the playoffs.

• Like 1
  • Bullseye 1
  • Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

I can't imagine that the Blackhawks would have been so naive as to not throw in their closest thing to Niko Mikkola to seal that trade. 

Oh. Their Niko Mikkola is Jack Johnson.

Got it. Nevermind.

• LMFAO 1

Feels like this is happening. There's so much smoke here.

Like, someone else can figure out the mathematical details, but come trade deadline, I'm pretty sure Kane's coming, too in some kind of wild three-way deal with like Montreal or Arizona going double retention to make the pennies work.

Krav and Lylkj;afdsjlasf are goners.

• Believe 1

2 minutes ago, Phil said:

Feels like this is happening. There's so much smoke here.

Like, someone else can figure out the mathematical details, but come trade deadline, I'm pretty sure Kane's coming, too in some kind of wild three-way deal with like Montreal or Arizona going double retention to make the pennies work.

Krav and Lylkj;afdsjlasf are goners.

Yeah. I'm going to hop on this train as well. Too much smoke, and if he gets it down, Drury will have put together the most talented team in the history of this franchise. Anything but a Cup would be a failure.

• VINNY! 1
  • Believe 1

I just think it's clear as day Kane wants to come here. This is going to go the same route as MSL, except with a very different outcome on the return, because this GM isn't going to bend himself over a barrel to make a deal work for a player who's effectively told the entire fucking league "New York or nowhere."

• Believe 1

2 minutes ago, Phil said:

I just think it's clear as day Kane wants to come here. This is going to go the same route as MSL, except with a very different outcome on the return, because this GM isn't going to bend himself over a barrel to make a deal work for a player who's effectively told the entire fucking league "New York or nowhere."

Kreider-Zib-Tarasenko

Panarin-Trocheck-Kane

Laf-Chytil-Kakko

Motte-Goodrow-Vesey

Lindgren-Fox

Miller-Trouba

Mikkola-Schneider

Shesterkin

Yeah, that'd be the most talented team we've ever had1 and we should ensure that in four hours, each and every one of us is either safe or heads to a doctor to relieve the pressure.

• Like 1
  • JIMMY! 2