• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Give Kravtsov Permission to Seek Trade; Loaned to KHL

Phil

9 hours ago, TwoMinutesForNothing said:

Also, you've bullied me on here for years. 

I'm sorry that you feel bullied because you made quite a few unfactual statements that were pointed out as being unfactual.

All this proves is that you have no idea what the word bullying means.

Quite ironic that you've called out other users' ability to read in your posts and you're sitting here calling other people bullies.

My Lord the hypocrisy here knows no bounds.

I feel like I need to apologize. I brought up the Drury/Andersson aspect as a POSSIBLE  connection to this situation.  I brought up another player too but...  you know. 

As far as I know,  there is no definite connection between Drury and Andersson as far as Anderssons issues were in Hartford.  I remember the terms, hazing and bullying being used around that time. It very well could have been a locker room thing. Didn't Smith fight Lettieri that season? 

It's entirely possible it was an issue with Drury as well. The situation has a lot of similarities, except for the abrupt ending. 

If any of this IS true, I'd call it an abuse of power more so than bullying. There's trying to instill good habits and there's being a vindictive asshat because the player doesn't do what the GM suggests... No matter what,  you protect the asset. 

No matter what you protect the asset?  No.  When you tell the kid, hey you need to be in better shape to be an everyday NHL player so our trainer has designed a program for you and all you have to do is show up and work, then the kid says no thanks I'm good, there's no protecting the asset there.  This is the NHL.  They're trying to win hockey games.   No time for coddling bratty prospects. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Long live the King said:

No matter what you protect the asset?  No.  When you tell the kid, hey you need to be in better shape to be an everyday NHL player so our trainer has designed a program for you and all you have to do is show up and work, then the kid says no thanks I'm good, there's no protecting the asset there.  This is the NHL.  They're trying to win hockey games.   No time for coddling bratty prospects. 

Hence, "professional" hockey player

6 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I feel like I need to apologize. I brought up the Drury/Andersson aspect as a POSSIBLE  connection to this situation.  I brought up another player too but...  you know. 

As far as I know,  there is no definite connection between Drury and Andersson as far as Anderssons issues were in Hartford.  I remember the terms, hazing and bullying being used around that time. It very well could have been a locker room thing. Didn't Smith fight Lettieri that season? 

It's entirely possible it was an issue with Drury as well. The situation has a lot of similarities, except for the abrupt ending. 

If any of this IS true, I'd call it an abuse of power more so than bullying. There's trying to instill good habits and there's being a vindictive asshat because the player doesn't do what the GM suggests... No matter what,  you protect the asset. 

Keeps coming back to being a pro hockey player is a job. Different from many other careers because it's not a long term career; most of these guys won't play much past the age of 30. You have to break your ass out of the gate or you will be gone.

If any scout promises any draftee a specific roster spot, that was a bad mistake.

There's certain expectations of a player, including being in shape, working hard and taking direction. May be Drury was hardass, but that isn't the same as being wrong or "bullying". Objectively  asking Kravstov to go to Hartford post injury to work on his conditioning was reasonable. And Kravstov thinking he is owed a top 6 spot is not reasonable unless and an until he actually shows up. Further, one big change under Gallant is the bottom 6 play a lot and contribute, spare vs. the Habs when he did shorten the bench. Even 3 on 3, those guys get time. Kravstov could be getting solid ice time, and probably get some PP and PK time too, if he simply did what he was asked to do. 

Really comes down to a player who needs to grow up a bunch, and an organization under Gorton that may not have screened prospects all that well.

• Cheers 1
  • Applause 1

1 hour ago, Bugg said:

Keeps coming back to being a pro hockey player is a job. Different from many other careers because it's not a long term career; most of these guys won't play much past the age of 30. You have to break your ass out of the gate or you will be gone.

If any scout promises any draftee a specific roster spot, that was a bad mistake.

There's certain expectations of a player, including being in shape, working hard and taking direction. May be Drury was hardass, but that isn't the same as being wrong or "bullying". Objectively  asking Kravstov to go to Hartford post injury to work on his conditioning was reasonable. And Kravstov thinking he is owed a top 6 spot is not reasonable unless and an until he actually shows up. Further, one big change under Gallant is the bottom 6 play a lot and contribute, spare vs. the Habs when he did shorten the bench. Even 3 on 3, those guys get time. Kravstov could be getting solid ice time, and probably get some PP and PK time too, if he simply did what he was asked to do. 

Really comes down to a player who needs to grow up a bunch, and an organization under Gorton that may not have screened prospects all that well.

But what if the kid is THAT good? Maybe he has a leg to stand on in saying "fuck you, I should play on one of your top lines".

What if his "conditioning issue" is backlash for what he did in the past? The kid looked absolutely in game shape in that final pre season games. Gallant said it wasn't his call..   The guy that runs the practices and is on the bench and sees up close if the kid is out of shape, said he didn't make the call. The GM, who decided it was a good idea to call out a player infront of the team did. 

I don't see how this angle keeps getting passed over. It's entirely possible the GM isn't acting professionally here and has been sticking it to this kid just because he has a chip on his shoulder. 

PROTECT THE ASSET EVEN IF HE IS A PRICK. You don't make roster space by trading a top line player for future cash concerns, then use that saved money on a 6/7 Dman and a 3rd line center who you use on the wing, THEN fuck with one of the young potential suiters for the spot of the guy you didn't want to afford (you don't need Goodrow when you have Hunt, you don't need Hunt when you have McKeg. You don't need Nemeth when you have Hajek and a slew of prospects that should be ready for a spot soon- unless they butt heads with Captain Little League).

Drury pulled the rug out from under Kravstov.  And for what? For who? 2-4 fringe players. Because he wants to play in the NHL? He thinks AND KNOWS that that's where the coach was going to use him? 

1 hour ago, Long live the King said:

This is the NHL. You require top line talent. You don't treat the asset like it doesn't matter and stow it away until it's changes its mind or it walks away to play in another league. 

Don't like his response? Play him then trade him. Don't ruin his value to the team as an asset. What could have been a potential centerpiece for a big need is now not playing for you  or anyone and is rotting away as far as being of ANY help to the Rangers.  His trade value is extremely low due to this flex by the GM.

There's no excuse to NOT stash him on the roster until he was dealt away. Hunt, Tinordi, Hajek AND Gauthier. This is what was more valuable to the GM. 3 guys that can't and WONT get into a game and a guy who SHOULDN'T be in games but is...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The Dude said:

This is the NHL. You require top line talent. You don't treat the asset like it doesn't matter and stow it away until it's changes its mind or it walks away to play in another league. 

Don't like his response? Play him then trade him. Don't ruin his value to the team as an asset. What could have been a potential centerpiece for a big need is now not playing for you  or anyone and is rotting away as far as being of ANY help to the Rangers.  His trade value is extremely low due to this flex by the GM.

There's no excuse to NOT stash him on the roster until he was dealt away. Hunt, Tinordi, Hajek AND Gauthier. This is what was more valuable to the GM. 3 guys that can't and WONT get into a game and a guy who SHOULDN'T be in games but is...

Yup it is the NHL.  You require work and dedication.  This is not some beer league where you sign up and play.  The Rangers asked the player to go to the AHL to work on his conditioning following being injured, the player had a hissy fit and quit.  The Rangers cannot make roster decisions based on how butt hurt a player may become, especially a 21 year old rookie.  Those other guys you mentioned have all taken demotions gracefully and have worked hard to get their next shot.  Maybe VK can learn a lesson from them?  

The Rangers are not only trying to get the most out of the player but also trying to build a culture of winning.  You fail to mention or even realize that while VK maybe more talented right now than those players, the Rangers are trying to get the most out of him.  You don't treat an asset's interests by watching them waste away.  The asset didn't want any criticism.  They approached him multiple times to work on his conditioning and he denied them.  The Rangers cannot just ignore that because he had a tantrum before.  Unless VK changes his ways and attitude he's never going to be anything but a problem on any team.  Talent is great and all but there are 20 plus men in the locker room that earn and give respect.  VK can not coexist until he respects his teammates less talented or not.  

• Like 4

If he's not going to come back to suit up with them, the New York Rangers are asking for a top prospect in exchange for Vitali Kravtsov.

"He's in Russia right now, awaiting a trade, refusing assignment to AHL Hartford, so I called around to find out what general manager Chris Drury could be looking for in a trade for this player, and what I got back was a top prospect," Sportsnet's Jeff Marek said during the 32 Thoughts segment on Hockey Night in Canada.

"And he is not budging from that right now."

Another name from the 2018 draft that came up during Marek's calls around the league was that of fifth-overall pick Barrett Hayton of the Arizona Coyotes who's playing with Tucson of the American Hockey League.

Reports had surfaced that Hayton had asked for a trade, but those were shot down by agent Pat Morris.

"Here's his situation," Marek said on 32 Thoughts. "The Arizona Coyotes have not raised his name in any trade discussions, but in a lot of their trade discussions that we know of, Arizona is in the picks and prospects business. Right now, his name is coming up more and more, but we know Jakob Chychrun is going to stay, but everybody else we wonder about. But Barrett Hayton – André Tourigny, the Coyotes head coach, loves him, made him captain at the World Juniors in 2020, so it looks like (Hayton's) staying."

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/rangers-want-top-prospect-vitali-kravtsov-refused-ahl-assignment/

3 hours ago, Capt said:

Yup it is the NHL.  You require work and dedication.  This is not some beer league where you sign up and play.  The Rangers asked the player to go to the AHL to work on his conditioning following being injured, the player had a hissy fit and quit.  The Rangers cannot make roster decisions based on how butt hurt a player may become, especially a 21 year old rookie.  Those other guys you mentioned have all taken demotions gracefully and have worked hard to get their next shot.  Maybe VK can learn a lesson from them?  

The Rangers are not only trying to get the most out of the player but also trying to build a culture of winning.  You fail to mention or even realize that while VK maybe more talented right now than those players, the Rangers are trying to get the most out of him.  You don't treat an asset's interests by watching them waste away.  The asset didn't want any criticism.  They approached him multiple times to work on his conditioning and he denied them.  The Rangers cannot just ignore that because he had a tantrum before.  Unless VK changes his ways and attitude he's never going to be anything but a problem on any team.  Talent is great and all but there are 20 plus men in the locker room that earn and give respect.  VK can not coexist until he respects his teammates less talented or not.  

Yuck with the hockey cliches. 

Youre right, this ISNT a beer league,  so maybe people should stop acting like Fat Frank just decided to hang up his skates. This is a kid good enough to be considered by a team or 2 to be a very good prospect.  Good enough to be drafted in the 1st round.

This isn't a la-dee- dah situation, where losing this kid on the depth chart is acceptable or not a big deal. 

If the kid is talented enough, he can say and do what ever he wants. He just needs to show it on the ice.  The Rangers have taken the chance for the kid to put up or shut up AND ruined a possibly solid depth chart on the wing, because they thought they were going to beat up Tom Wilson.

There are 2 questionable and 2 completely ridiculous roster spots taken by fringe and down right minor league players on this team. You make room for your asset. Not for garbage. Even if the kid is a pouting bitch. You add him and figure it out.  

You're making this beer league by acting like this isn't a big deal that this pick and this roster spot is not going to be of use to a team that is very much in need of a skilled forward.

"Oh well" is the attitude...  No. Oh FUCK should be the attitude.  

Im not even sticking up for Kravstov. I feared this would happen.  Heck, I fear it may happen with Lundkvist if he doesn't get his shit together. 

This offseason saw roster spots cleared months in advance to make room up and down the roster for these kids. Taking that opportunity away from them and replacing them with utter shit is going to piss most anyone off. I hope to see the same reactions if Lundkvist does anything similar.  

10 hours ago, The Dude said:

Yuck with the hockey cliches. 

Youre right, this ISNT a beer league,  so maybe people should stop acting like Fat Frank just decided to hang up his skates. This is a kid good enough to be considered by a team or 2 to be a very good prospect.  Good enough to be drafted in the 1st round.

This isn't a la-dee- dah situation, where losing this kid on the depth chart is acceptable or not a big deal. 

If the kid is talented enough, he can say and do what ever he wants. He just needs to show it on the ice.  The Rangers have taken the chance for the kid to put up or shut up AND ruined a possibly solid depth chart on the wing, because they thought they were going to beat up Tom Wilson.

There are 2 questionable and 2 completely ridiculous roster spots taken by fringe and down right minor league players on this team. You make room for your asset. Not for garbage. Even if the kid is a pouting bitch. You add him and figure it out.  

You're making this beer league by acting like this isn't a big deal that this pick and this roster spot is not going to be of use to a team that is very much in need of a skilled forward.

"Oh well" is the attitude...  No. Oh FUCK should be the attitude.  

Im not even sticking up for Kravstov. I feared this would happen.  Heck, I fear it may happen with Lundkvist if he doesn't get his shit together. 

This offseason saw roster spots cleared months in advance to make room up and down the roster for these kids. Taking that opportunity away from them and replacing them with utter shit is going to piss most anyone off. I hope to see the same reactions if Lundkvist does anything similar.  

Well, the "other shit" are role players doing what they're supposed to do and excelling. Reaves hits and draws penalties+"locker room leader and intangibles", Rooney has been Rooney, and Hunt is the puck retriever wrecking ball.  Blais is a multitool middle six guy if he develops his offensive game that he's shown flashes of.

Kravtsov...is none of those things. Even if his ceiling is much higher than those players, Gallant knows what he's getting with them. Even Laf and Kakko had put time in during the offseason to change their game. Kravtsov even in his brief preseason looked similar to how he's looked his whole run here, when he's had a year on Kakko and two years on Laf to show the org and the team something different and more promising. All I've seen is some backchecks and a great shot, that's not top 6 play.

Kakko checks and controls the puck in the offensive zone and Lafreniere has not been behind the play like last year and compliments Chytil's game on the 3rd line as a more straight line player w Blais. Most importantly they've done the right things in the room to the point where Kakko being out is noticed by the team and the coach as a top guy that plays a more complete game which the team has taken a hit without. We're 4-1-1, does Kravtsov change any of those results? Probably not, if he's not scoring we probably wouldn't notice him like we barely noticed Laf and Kakko last year.

It's disappointing to lose a player with such potential, but Laf, Kakko, Othmann(?) in the future, plus our late round picks might make up most of what Krav can do. It's not a death sentence for an org with our talent, if you're a GM one guy with more to show cancels out 10 others that still have more to show at the AHL level, let alone the NHL level?

Should've kept this kid with the big club and let the issues stay hush hush and move his ass. Sets a precedent, dont buy in, then good bye. Poor asset management. A demotion to the AHL is one way to skin the cat, could've been handled different. Drury made a decision and flexed. Hurt the prospects value and potential ROI. Gotta play the long game, not the short game.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

9 hours ago, AliveIn94 said:

Well, the "other shit" are role players doing what they're supposed to do and excelling. Reaves hits and draws penalties+"locker room leader and intangibles", Rooney has been Rooney, and Hunt is the puck retriever wrecking ball.  Blais is a multitool middle six guy if he develops his offensive game that he's shown flashes of.

Kravtsov...is none of those things. Even if his ceiling is much higher than those players, Gallant knows what he's getting with them. Even Laf and Kakko had put time in during the offseason to change their game. Kravtsov even in his brief preseason looked similar to how he's looked his whole run here, when he's had a year on Kakko and two years on Laf to show the org and the team something different and more promising. All I've seen is some backchecks and a great shot, that's not top 6 play.

Kakko checks and controls the puck in the offensive zone and Lafreniere has not been behind the play like last year and compliments Chytil's game on the 3rd line as a more straight line player w Blais. Most importantly they've done the right things in the room to the point where Kakko being out is noticed by the team and the coach as a top guy that plays a more complete game which the team has taken a hit without. We're 4-1-1, does Kravtsov change any of those results? Probably not, if he's not scoring we probably wouldn't notice him like we barely noticed Laf and Kakko last year.

It's disappointing to lose a player with such potential, but Laf, Kakko, Othmann(?) in the future, plus our late round picks might make up most of what Krav can do. It's not a death sentence for an org with our talent, if you're a GM one guy with more to show cancels out 10 others that still have more to show at the AHL level, let alone the NHL level?

??? I'm not referring to those shit players (Well, yeah Hunt). Christ I said it a thousand times. Hunt, Tinordi, Hajek and Gauthier ate the players I'm referring to.  2 of which I deem "utter shit". 

Please don't use the teams current record as a barometer for how good this team is playing.  They look fucking horrible and are getting outplayed EVERY. SINGLE.  NIGHT.

Shestyorkin has been the MVP of a team that already looks disinterested on offense.  The D hasn't been much better. 

They will be much stronger when Strome and Kakko get back, for sure. Adding Kravtsov to the mix during their absence would have been a great opportunity to see what he's got. To gauge whether or not to put up with him or deal him

You and others seem to love to pass over the fact that Kravtsov has already done what was asked from him in offseasons and in his time over seas as well as his time in Hartford.  He developed into a more complete player. So much so, people here had deemed him Buchnevichs replacement or as a perfect fit for Panarin's line as a responsible 2 way type (because it was known Kakko wasn't welcome on Panarin's line). 

But now he's some nothing?  Looking past this and acting like it's no big deal if the Rangers get nothing out of this asset is becoming the norm around here and I just cannot get behind that thinking.  This is really, REALLY bad. 

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

??? I'm not referring to those shit players (Well, yeah Hunt). Christ I said it a thousand times. Hunt, Tinordi, Hajek and Gauthier ate the players I'm referring to.  2 of which I deem "utter shit". 

Please don't use the teams current record as a barometer for how good this team is playing.  They look fucking horrible and are getting outplayed EVERY. SINGLE.  NIGHT.

Shestyorkin has been the MVP of a team that already looks disinterested on offense.  The D hasn't been much better. 

They will be much stronger when Strome and Kakko get back, for sure. Adding Kravtsov to the mix during their absence would have been a great opportunity to see what he's got. To gauge whether or not to put up with him or deal him

You and others seem to love to pass over the fact that Kravtsov has already done what was asked from him in offseasons and in his time over seas as well as his time in Hartford.  He developed into a more complete player. So much so, people here had deemed him Buchnevichs replacement or as a perfect fit for Panarin's line as a responsible 2 way type (because it was known Kakko wasn't welcome on Panarin's line). 

But now he's some nothing?  Looking past this and acting like it's no big deal if the Rangers get nothing out of this asset is becoming the norm around here and I just cannot get behind that thinking.  This is really, REALLY bad. 

Nobody's saying he's a nothing. They're saying that if he doesn't want to play here, whatever, we can trade him and we've got the wing depth to more than survive that.

We're not going to run a team where we walk on eggshells and bend over backwards to cater to a guy who apparently lacks the maturity to understand the concept of a conditioning stint just because he was a 9OA. That's shit asset management and that would be far, far worse than pretending we've broken a Ming vase of a player. Find a team that wants a talented wing and flip him. End of story.

As for being outplayed every night - let's ignore that we'd have killed for these points last season and how this team is starting to figure it out - how, precisely, does Kravtsov change that? He's not a possession driver. He'd have been in...Dryden Hunt's spot? Maybe Kakko's? I don't see that moving the needle. 

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

I don' t think we'll agree on this. I'm just saying it's not the end of the world. Edmonton and Puljujarvi have been mentioned, this can be worked out. I have faith in our other prospects even if their ceiling isn't as high as Kravtsov's. There is also no record of Drury creating problems with players or prospects at any time prior to the Lias pick.

I'm not happy about it, but we still have a lot of talent with players like Fox and Panarin snubbing other teams just to be Rangers. That's a good sign, considering this team's history.

Just now, AliveIn94 said:

I don' t think we'll agree on this. I'm just saying it's not the end of the world. Edmonton and Puljujarvi have been mentioned, this can be worked out. I have faith in our other prospects even if their ceiling isn't as high as Kravtsov's. There is also no record of Drury creating problems with players or prospects at any time prior to the Lias pick.

I'm not happy about it, but we still have a lot of talent with players like Fox and Panarin snubbing other teams just to be Rangers. That's a good sign, considering this team's history.

Honestly, if any team wants to give us a similar aged, similar talent center for him, we should do that without question anyway completely and entirely regardless of this situation. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, G1000 said:

Nobody's saying he's a nothing. They're saying that if he doesn't want to play here, whatever, we can trade him and we've got the wing depth to more than survive that.

We're not going to run a team where we walk on eggshells and bend over backwards to cater to a guy who apparently lacks the maturity to understand the concept of a conditioning stint just because he was a 9OA. That's shit asset management and that would be far, far worse than pretending we've broken a Ming vase of a player. Find a team that wants a talented wing and flip him. End of story.

As for being outplayed every night - let's ignore that we'd have killed for these points last season and how this team is starting to figure it out - how, precisely, does Kravtsov change that? He's not a possession driver. He'd have been in...Dryden Hunt's spot? Maybe Kakko's? I don't see that moving the needle. 

What ever='s pretty much nothing . What wing depth are you talking about? Ronning? Gettinger? Who? Certainly you aren't referring to anyone on the roster. Berard maybe? Who?

I can't go back and forth with people who think preserving the value of a player and keeping his displeasure quiet while you shop him is shit asset management. While thinking it's better to say "fuck him we don't need him, get what you can for him after he has said he doesn't want to play here."

That's just backwards. Unless like I said,  people think he's nothing and what ever. 

Had he made the roster, he could slot in on any wing on any of the top 3 lines. Incase you haven't noticed,  Gallant is already shuffling the lines. I'd say he would make a difference. 

There's people here who think "asset management" is knowing your 9OA is a fickle bitch so you better give him whatever he asks for or he's in the next flight out and if you don't you didn't "manage the asset."

But that's not what asset management is. 

These people also keep saying he did everything the team asked...well if that were true he'd have decisively beaten out a guy like Gauthier. 

But Kravtsov played about 20 mins of preseason hockey after not doing much at the end of last year...so we don't really know of he did everything asked, do we?

Asset management, in the professional sports sense, means getting something for your asset before the air comes out of the balloon. Particularly, when you know what's going on, and nobody else does. 

In the cases of Andersson, Deangelo, and Kravtsov, Ranger FO played the situations out far too long, had their dirty laundry hung for all to see, and then tried to parlay them for returns. All three were eventually told to "seek their own trade". At that point, it's over, they're virtually worthless. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

2 hours ago, Dunny said:

Asset management, in the professional sports sense, means getting something for your asset before the air comes out of the balloon. Particularly, when you know what's going on, and nobody else does. 

In the cases of Andersson, Deangelo, and Kravtsov, Ranger FO played the situations out far too long, had their dirty laundry hung for all to see, and then tried to parlay them for returns. All three were eventually told to "seek their own trade". At that point, it's over, they're virtually worthless. 

Yes, so how does that change what asset management isn't?

Also, turning Lias into a 2nd Rounder that was used on William Cuylle I'd say is good value. 

We'll see how this plays out with Kravtsov. It's not about talent the way is was with Lias. This is all about temperament. 

10 hours ago, The Dude said:

What ever='s pretty much nothing . What wing depth are you talking about? Ronning? Gettinger? Who? Certainly you aren't referring to anyone on the roster. Berard maybe? Who?

I can't go back and forth with people who think preserving the value of a player and keeping his displeasure quiet while you shop him is shit asset management. While thinking it's better to say "fuck him we don't need him, get what you can for him after he has said he doesn't want to play here."

That's just backwards. Unless like I said,  people think he's nothing and what ever. 

Had he made the roster, he could slot in on any wing on any of the top 3 lines. Incase you haven't noticed,  Gallant is already shuffling the lines. I'd say he would make a difference. 

Kreider, Kakko, apparently Goodrow, somehow Gauthier, Blais, Cuylle, Berard. For starters. Then, the reality that finding a mid-six wing in free agency is literally a dime-a-dozen proposition. Jussi Jokinen made an entire career of it. We literally pulled Blackwell out of our asses last season. There's a million of them on the market every single offseason. Oh well, guess we'll go sign David Perron or Andre Burakovsky or Ondrej Palat or Nino Neiderreiter or Calle Jarnkrok or Michael Raffl or any other of the millions of serviceable mid six free-agency additions possible here. Further, wings of decent caliber routinely fall in the draft. It's a very fixable problem if Kravtsov doesn't pan out as he expected to for us - and it feels like that's the case - so it's probably worth not treating this as if the sky is falling. It sucks to see a talented prospect not pan out. It sucks real hard to see it happen twice. No denying that. But neither of these players were so key to this team's future (in no small part thanks to shrewd moves and a lot of lottery luck) that this is somehow the apocalypse. 

Which brings us to the greater point here: Kravtsov being a fickle child is not poor asset management - that's a contrived argument. It becomes poor asset management if we say "fuck it" and deal him for a 4th and Christian Jaros. Whatever is not "pretty much nothing" - it's a statement of non-concern because, as things stand and as things are like to stand, Kravtsov's role with this team and future iterations is, as I said, quite replaceable. Maybe he would have been better than average there, sure, but I can't say that concretely and neither can you. If we end up flipping him for Hayton or Kupari or someone in that ilk, I'm not really bothered by it.

This is a direct result of 2 things.

1) Ignoring or missing the character flaws in players 

2) Mismanaging them when you have them.

In no way do I agree with Kravtsov’s choice or behavior and attitude regarding this, but I don’t know how the organization didn’t see this coming when he’s already done this before when he skipped back to Russia previously.

I’m not saying they should’ve kept the kid on the roster to appease him, but if the intention was to have him here in the long-term, maybe another solution of some kind?I don’t know. The whole thing is just bungled. 

While I’m doubtful of this happening, I’d still like to see this kid come to his senses and they can reconcile, but probably won’t happen.

It's also important to realize how lucking into Fox and the also landing Lafreniere changed the plans for this team. If they could go back in time they probably don't sign Kreider, they get a first for him, and that opens up a top 6 wing spot. They also don't trade for and give Trouba that cap killer. 

When they drafted VK scoring on the wings was an organizational need, and now it's not.

• Applause 1

8 minutes ago, Pete said:

It's also important to realize how lucking into Fox and the also landing Lafreniere changed the plans for this team. If they could go back in time they probably don't sign Kreider, they get a first for him, and that opens up a top 6 wing spot. They also don't trade for and give Trouba that cap killer. 

When they drafted VK scoring on the wings was an organizational need, and now it's not.

How is it not? Especially on the right side there's Kakko (still not showed that he can be a productive scoring winger) than Blais, Goodrow, Gauthier, Reaves. That's really not a high scoring winger depth.

On the left there's Panarin, streaky Kreider and (still struggling) Lafreniere.

If the few first games have shown anything, it is that this team lack some scoring and winger depth. Dryden freakin' Hunt is playing top 9 and PP, Blais is all of a sudden a top 6 forward and PP'er.

• Like 1