• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Give Kravtsov Permission to Seek Trade; Loaned to KHL

Phil

5 minutes ago, AliveIn94 said:

They picked him that year, or at least Gorton did. Maybe his attitude was under wraps until the whole escape clause thing came out.

Thats a stretch imo. Gorton and JD were fired for not garnering a roster that could protect the huge investments of the owner. It came to head with Wilson and Dolan probably didn't hear what he wanted to from them which was probably, "Stay the course."

35 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

Thats a stretch imo. Gorton and JD were fired for not garnering a roster that could protect the huge investments of the owner. It came to head with Wilson and Dolan probably didn't hear what he wanted to from them which was probably, "Stay the course."

Just speculation on my part of course, but with hindsight that was another nail in that regime's coffin.

4 hours ago, Long live the King said:

I mean, you tell me how logical people are supposed to interpret this:

"The scary part is, he's brought in NOTHING BUT grit, bottom line players and D men, while dumping 2 top line skill guys. Drafted that way too. 

Seemed to attract these types of players in his years as Rangers Captain. We saw the team switch from pure skill with Jagr [Euro] and the boys [Euros Nylander and Straka?], to complete dogshit with Gomez, Drury Brashear, Hollweg, Rissmiller [All North Americans] and tons of other garbage. Eventually landing Gaborik [Euro] and building a hockey team as he was pushed out the door by Torts and injuries."

Yeah, but.. you are putting the nationalities in there.  NOT me. If I meant all Euros, I'd say all Euros.

The fact that he (Drury) had some success with multiple styles of Euro players is an obvious, as already pointed out. 

YOU GUYS implied I meant only Euros.  I replied that that isn't what I meant and here you guys fucking are. Saying IT IS what I said or meant.  I cleared that up. So can you guys drop this bullshit, as if I had some hidden agenda? 

Drury has a hard on for gritty players. He has only brought in gritty free agents and he has only traded or ostracized skill players. Nationality is NOT what I'm talking about.  Can we move on with THAT point please?  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jsm7302 said:

But.... They're still staying the course... Just... with one less top prospect and no vet to take a top 6/9 wing spot... 

One would think, they're going in reverse.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Long live the King said:

I mean, you tell me how logical people are supposed to interpret this:

"The scary part is, he's brought in NOTHING BUT grit, bottom line players and D men, while dumping 2 top line skill guys. Drafted that way too. 

Seemed to attract these types of players in his years as Rangers Captain. We saw the team switch from pure skill with Jagr [Euro] and the boys [Euros Nylander and Straka?], to complete dogshit with Gomez, Drury Brashear, Hollweg, Rissmiller [All North Americans] and tons of other garbage. Eventually landing Gaborik [Euro] and building a hockey team as he was pushed out the door by Torts and injuries."

Again though, my point was more about people still harping on it and being hyperbolic when no one else is really arguing the Euro thing. But I think there is a difference between saying he has a bias against Euros as being soft and implying it's led to some decisions, and saying that he's trying to get rid of all the Euros.

12 minutes ago, Tonybologna said:

Again though, my point was more about people still harping on it and being hyperbolic when no one else is really arguing the Euro thing. But I think there is a difference between saying he has a bias against Euros as being soft and implying it's led to some decisions, and saying that he's trying to get rid of all the Euros.

You don't consider the origin of the whole narrative to be hyperbolic? We have one guy in here who's trying to paint Drury in a certain light...

We also don't have nearly a large enough sample size to suggest that Drury only wants or cares for gritty players. Gritty players are who he brought in because the team lacked gritty players in spades. He also re-signed not-so-gritty players in Chytil and Zibanejad. We'll have a better idea of the GM he is (or isn't) with a larger body of work to judge.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Phil said:

We also don't have nearly a large enough sample size to suggest that Drury only wants or cares for gritty players. Gritty players are who he brought in because the team lacked gritty players in spades. He also re-signed not-so-gritty players in Chytil and Zibanejad. We'll have a better idea of the GM he is (or isn't) with a larger body of work to judge.

Its as if the whole mantra of this past off season wasn't to get tougher and to get harder to play against 

4 minutes ago, Phil said:

Just now, SaveByRichter35 said:

Its as if the whole mantra of this past off season wasn't to get tougher and to get harder to play against 

Yes, all Drury wants is grit so he signed :checks notes: oft injured Chytil and Shesty, oft pushed around Chytil and Zibenejad.

And fuckin Hajek...and Nemeth. And Lundkvist earned a spot.

And fuckin Chytil...

Master P Reaction GIF

9 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Again, small sample size. The whole mantra of this off-season was absolutely to get harder to play against. I literally just said as much. What we can't say with certainty yet is that Drury only has interest in tough players. If it was, he'd sure as fuck not have re-signed Zibanejad to a lifetime deal.

• Like 1

Just now, Phil said:

Again, small sample size. The whole mantra of this off-season was absolutely to get harder to play against. I literally just said as much. What we can't say with certainty yet is that Drury only has interest in tough players. If it was, he'd sure as fuck not have re-signed Zibanejad to a lifetime deal.

I was agreeing with your post.  I guess I should have put in a smiley or a gif so it was more obvious that I was being facetious.

• LOL 1
  • Cheers 1

26 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Do you have a sense of humor, or...

(Checks notes)..  ah yes. I see here. He DID  sign the teams 1st line center.  Probably a good fuckin idea there huh? 

(Looks at notes again) ok, ok . Yeaaah. Yeah, see.. This right here.....This Chytil guy. I see where you'd get confused and question the thought of signing the teams only top line center "prospect" and act like it was a rough decision, what with allllllllllll the center depth they have.  THEY HAVE MCKEGG! 

And umm this Shestyorkin guy. I don't know how to explain to you, that. . Well...... He's the teams fucking GOALIE. Might want to sign him..

Hajek certainly was a huge signing.  So huge he's taking a roster spot from some other kid who went to Russia.  

I see here this Nemeth guy. I'll let you know about him when he plays a game this season... Oh... wait. Yeah. Umm, wellll, people who lauded this signing claimed he was a big gritty guy..  Is that not true? I've yet to see him play.  Wait.  Really? My notes say he's played.. 1,2,3,4... Every game? ALL OF EM? Hmmm strange. 

This last thing.  This Lundkvist kid.  Hmmmm. Got it.. Yeah..This top prospect whom supposedly "earned" his spot.. Yup, yup. THIS top prospect probably would have gotten very upset had he NOT made the roster. WE CANT HAVE THAT. Who cares if he looked weak in preseason and still does? You can't send top prospects to Hartford. What's he going learn there? It's better that he stay with the big club and learn fr..... well,  you know the typical thing said here. Just apply it at random. Can't have consistency with that talk. 

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

(Checks notes)..  ah yes. I see here. He DID  sign the teams 1st line center.  Probably a good fuckin idea there huh? 

(Looks at notes again) ok, ok . Yeaaah. Yeah, see.. This right here.....This Chytil guy. I see where you'd get confused and question the thought of signing the teams only top line center "prospect" and act like it was a rough decision, what with allllllllllll the center depth they have.  THEY HAVE MCKEGG! 

And umm this Shestyorkin guy. I don't know how to explain to you, that. . Well...... He's the teams fucking GOALIE. Might want to sign him..

Hajek certainly was a huge signing.  So huge he's taking a roster spot from some other kid who went to Russia.  

I see here this Nemeth guy. I'll let you know about him when he plays a game this season... Oh... wait. Yeah. Umm, wellll, people who lauded this signing claimed he was a big gritty guy..  Is that not true? I've yet to see him play.  Wait.  Really? My notes say he's played.. 1,2,3,4... Every game? ALL OF EM? Hmmm strange. 

This last thing.  This Lundkvist kid.  Hmmmm. Got it.. Yeah..This top prospect whom supposedly "earned" his spot.. Yup, yup. THIS top prospect probably would have gotten very upset had he NOT made the roster. WE CANT HAVE THAT. Who cares if he looked weak in preseason and still does? You can't send top prospects to Hartford. What's he going learn there? It's better that he stay with the big club and learn fr..... well,  you know the typical thing said here. Just apply it at random. Can't have consistency with that talk. 

While you're moving the goalposts at least quote the right person. Takes be en Fuego. 

new england patriots brady we're still here GIF

Edited by Pete

20 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Hey man my shit was aimed at Pete quoting me.  I am not getting in middle of you two lol