• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Give Kravtsov Permission to Seek Trade; Loaned to KHL

Phil

12 minutes ago, LindG1000 said:

We would match a no-compensation offer sheet. Even with the cap crunch.

Most likely. I don’t know how the relationship is right now, but if they match an offer sheet, they can’t trade him for a year. 
you are betting on him making the roster. If he doesn’t, we know he’s gone, and there’s no chance in recovering any assets when that contract is done. 

Just now, josh said:

Most likely. I don’t know how the relationship is right now, but if they match an offer sheet, they can’t trade him for a year. 
you are betting on him making the roster. If he doesn’t, we know he’s gone, and there’s no chance in recovering any assets when that contract is done. 

By no means an ideal situation, but he's not so awful a player to allow him to walk for nothing. It's less the player and more the asset at that point.

The "interesting" question is if someone picks him up for like...1.5 or so. Is a third enough for us to say "fuck it, we're good"?

9 hours ago, The Dude said:

He didnt accept the contract with Traktor. 

But is he exclusive to Traktor? Can't these guys pretty much pick any team they want to play for in the KHL? 

I didn't really know much about this subject, so, looked up couple of things. Here it goes....

Kravtsov is a RFA after this season, that ends on June 29th. Until then, the Rangers and Tracktors via the loaner agreement retain contract negotiation rights. If he receives a qualifying offer from the Rangers on July 30th, about $1M, NYR will retain negotiating rights. He can sign it and will be a Ranger for next season and it's up to the Rangers, if he can sign with another KHL team.

If he doesn't sign, Kravstov can sign with any team, but the Rangers can match any offer to retain Kravtsov within seven days. If they don't match the offer, the Rangers will receive a compensation draft pick from the team that signed him.

This link made me curious for reading up on it...

https://empiresportsmedia.com/new-york-rangers/new-york-rangers-prospect-vitali-kravtsov-rejects-offer-from-khl-traktor-return-to-nhl-possible/

• TroCheckmark 1