• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Give Kravtsov Permission to Seek Trade; Loaned to KHL

Phil

3 minutes ago, RangersIn7 said:

Look… if his agent called, or Drury called his agent, and the conversation was… “Look, he’s a 21 year old kid who made not a great choice, but went to Russia, worked hard, and was productive, and he wants to be a part of this and will fall in line.”

Then… ok. Let’s see what the room says.

But even then, how do you put him in front of players who have actually been there and played for you?  That’s a hard sell.

Personally, I actually think that he’s the absolute perfect player to play RW with Panarin and Strome. Perfect. He’s big. Skilled. Likes to shoot. Skates well. He scores. He’s their complement. And what’s funny is that had he just accepted the Hartford assignment in October, he’d have been there this season, playing with those 2. 
With 50 games playing with those 2, 20+ goals might have happened for him. 

I’ll forgive a lot for people who are young. 
But he has to be conciliatory and humbled. 

Doesnt it happen every game Hunt is on the 2nd line?

Or deadline acquisitions? a goalie getting a night off after a great performance, a line that's producing not getting icetime, a college kid with no experience getting 18 games in the playoffs, a black ace getting in a game, Anisimov had 1 NHL game before getting put in the playoffs - its a business. They are here for one thing.

I'd love him on a line with Panarin and Strome. I think that'd be a perfect fit. Kravtsov has a similar circling style of play, and much more offensive skill than Hunt. but, I worry that line might not be physical enough in the playoffs, too.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, josh said:

Doesnt it happen every game Hunt is on the 2nd line?

Or deadline acquisitions? a goalie getting a night off after a great performance, a line that's producing not getting icetime, a college kid with no experience getting 18 games in the playoffs, a black ace getting in a game, Anisimov had 1 NHL game before getting put in the playoffs - its a business. They are here for one thing.

I'd love him on a line with Panarin and Strome. I think that'd be a perfect fit. Kravtsov has a similar circling style of play, and much more offensive skill than Hunt. but, I worry that line might not be physical enough in the playoffs, too.

Hunt is a 4th liner at best. 

2 minutes ago, RangersIn7 said:

Hunt is a 4th liner at best. 

Hunt is an ideal fourth-liner. But he does what no one else appears willing to do every time he's tasked with playing with Panarin and Strome. That's why he keeps getting asked to do it again and again. The team is still looking to fill the Fast-sized hole they dug for themselves.

Hagelin did the same for similar duos in the past. Gaborik-Richards, for example.

4 minutes ago, Phil said:

Hunt is an ideal fourth-liner. But he does what no one else appears willing to do every time he's tasked with playing with Panarin and Strome. That's why he keeps getting asked to do it again and again. The team is still looking to fill the Fast-sized hole they dug for themselves.

Hagelin did the same for similar duos in the past. Gaborik-Richards, for example.

I don’t disagree.

But he can’t play up the lineup. Fast and Hagelin could. 

I don’t disagree.

But he can’t play up the lineup. Fast and Hagelin could. 

Sure he can. He just can't produce at a level like they could. Somewhat of a difference without a distinction, I guess, but it tracks in reality.

4 minutes ago, Phil said:

Sure he can. He just can't produce at a level like they could. Somewhat of a difference without a distinction, I guess, but it tracks in reality.

I mean… I guess anyone CAN… but if you’re saying he can’t actually produce up there, then inherently he shouldn’t even if he actually CAN. 

I guess I’m saying this.

You wouldn’t die if guys like Hagelin or Fast played 16-18 minutes a night as the weakest guy on a top-6 line.

But it wasn’t a reach. Especially if it’s in spots.

If Hunt is that guy, it’s a huge reach. 

Copp belongs there. A guy like Kravtsov potentially could be there. Hunt really doesn’t. 

• Like 2

I mean… I guess anyone CAN… but if you’re saying he can’t actually produce up there, then inherently he shouldn’t even if he actually CAN. 

I guess I’m saying this.

You wouldn’t die if guys like Hagelin or Fast played 16-18 minutes a night as the weakest guy on a top-6 line.

But it wasn’t a reach. Especially if it’s in spots.

If Hunt is that guy, it’s a huge reach. 

Copp belongs there. A guy like Kravtsov potentially could be there. Hunt really doesn’t. 

Agreed. But we're talking about a scenario here in which Copp has been injured. He's secured that spot pretty emphatically.

1 hour ago, Phil said:

Again, context matters.

Laf and Kakko deserved AHL time, I agree, but not because they were poorly conditioned. Because they were ineffective. Kakko was statistically one of the worst wingers in the entire NHL in his rookie year. But he never quit. Neither did Laf. Laf, in fact, has shown an early willingness to do anything asked of him, including getting stapled to the bench in games he's not playing well in. We never hear a peep, and when we do, it's positive. It's always about "I need to be better. I need to work harder."

tl;dr: they didn't quit. Kravtsov did. That's all the difference.

They didn’t quit because they were gifted a spot the second they were announced at the draft. Kravtsov had more track record in professional hockey and still wasn’t provided a slot or anywhere near an equivalent opportunity. The “earn your spot” messaging was complete horseshit because it wasn’t uniformly applied. It’s not to say he should have stomped his feet, took his ball, and headed home - because of course he shouldn’t have - but the error is and always was on both sides. Fans in general just like to be pro-team almost anytime something like this happens.

The point is Drury and Kravtsov should both move on. He has a chance to help the team now. Stop being petty. 

Edited by rmc51
  • Like 1
  • Bullseye 1

23 minutes ago, rmc51 said:

They didn’t quit because they were gifted a spot the second they were announced at the draft. Kravtsov had more track record in professional hockey and still wasn’t provided a slot or anywhere near an equivalent opportunity. The “earn your spot” messaging was complete horseshit because it wasn’t uniformly applied. It’s not to say he should have stomped his feet, took his ball, and headed home - because of course he shouldn’t have - but the error is and always was on both sides. Fans in general just like to be pro-team almost anytime something like this happens.

The point is Drury and Kravtsov should both move on. He has a chance to help the team now. Stop being petty. 

Laf and Kakko have really have nothing to do with this.  Not to mention that Krav's numbers in the AHL are similar to Laf's in the NHL. So good for Krav's professional track record.

Chytil was drafted before all of them.  Had a good camp and made the team as a 18 year old.  Then was sent down and put up good numbers in the A.  Played all of the following season in the NHL.  Then was sent down again the next year.  Didn't see him quit on his teammates. 

I’m not re-hashing all of the same arguments of the entire situation.

I want to win a Cup. I think Kravtsov can help more than at least three or four forwards on the roster. I couldn’t give a shit if those forwards have been here most of the year because, again, I want to win a Cup.

• Bullseye 2

54 minutes ago, rmc51 said:

Gladly. But I'm not adding him until next season.

38 minutes ago, rmc51 said:

I’m not re-hashing all of the same arguments of the entire situation.

I want to win a Cup. I think Kravtsov can help more than at least three or four forwards on the roster. I couldn’t give a shit if those forwards have been here most of the year because, again, I want to win a Cup.

You're not playing for a Cup.

23 other guys are, and the guys making the right decisions for the team so far all year will continue to do so. 

2 hours ago, Pete said:

23 other guys are, and the guys making the right decisions for the team so far all year will continue to do so. 

Yes. Thank you for the important distinction that I short-hand typed "I want to" instead of "I want the Rangers to". As if everyone on here doesn't do the same thing.

Speaking of 23 guys playing for a Cup, maybe tell Strome those lazy PP-killing OZ stick infraction penalties aren't helping the team win one.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Pete said:

Keep in mind I don’t believe you were on board with Reaves, which I partly agree with but understand it was necessary, so not every decision is guaranteed correct. GG/Dru have been fantastic but there still are a few misses along the way. I trust them to make less mistakes but that doesn’t mean they don’t make any. 

6 hours ago, Keirik said:

Keep in mind I don’t believe you were on board with Reaves, which I partly agree with but understand it was necessary, so not every decision is guaranteed correct. GG/Dru have been fantastic but there still are a few misses along the way. I trust them to make less mistakes but that doesn’t mean they don’t make any. 

I mean I wouldn't say I was 100% right about Reaves, either. The players love him, and I don't think it was the plan to play him every day, but they had injuries. 

I'll just keep saying that management is working with way more information than we are and I trust them to make the right choice for the group. I think the group trusts them, too. 

• Applause 1

Possible silly question; what is the current situation with people traveling between Russia and  the US and western Europe? Are there scheduled flights? Are airlines flying in and out of Moscow?Realize it's a selfish concern compared to the death and destruction, but if this war drags on suspect most Russian NHL players are not going to be in any rush to go home any time soon after this season ends.  And may not go home at all. 

6 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Possible silly question; what is the current situation with people traveling between Russia and  the US and western Europe? Are there scheduled flights? Are airlines flying in and out of Moscow?Realize it's a selfish concern compared to the death and destruction, but if this war drags on suspect most Russian NHL players are not going to be in any rush to go home any time soon after this season ends.  And may not go home at all. 

It's a question even if it (rightly) feels really insignificant in the grand scheme of things; can he even get out of Russia if he wanted to?

I did a little digging - and yes, while it would be rather inconvenient by comparison to a month or two ago, he can get out. Many Russian intellectuals, opposition leaders, academics, journalists, creatives, and similar are fleeing Russia right now and heading to places like Georgia, Israel, Germany, and France. 

If I had to guess...should he have decided to head home after the season, he'd be in Vladivostok, which is actually far closer to countries either apathetic to or sympathetic to the war. He could probably get a flight to China or Japan and from there to the States.

1 hour ago, G1000 said:

It's a question even if it (rightly) feels really insignificant in the grand scheme of things; can he even get out of Russia if he wanted to?

I did a little digging - and yes, while it would be rather inconvenient by comparison to a month or two ago, he can get out. Many Russian intellectuals, opposition leaders, academics, journalists, creatives, and similar are fleeing Russia right now and heading to places like Georgia, Israel, Germany, and France. 

If I had to guess...should he have decided to head home after the season, he'd be in Vladivostok, which is actually far closer to countries either apathetic to or sympathetic to the war. He could probably get a flight to China or Japan and from there to the States.

He can get out if he needs or wants to. Get to another country and then come here. 

On 4/12/2022 at 4:25 PM, josh said:

Hopefully not. But Motte is hurt, Kakko and Rooney rusty, Reaves is ... not good, Gauthier - fuck no, Lafreniere needs another reset, I forgot Copp in my projected playoff lineup, etc.

Probably should stop mocking Dryden Hunt, as you'll really need him, now.

suicide airplane GIF by David