• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Give Kravtsov Permission to Seek Trade; Loaned to KHL

Phil

On 4/12/2022 at 4:27 PM, RangersIn7 said:

Look… if his agent called, or Drury called his agent, and the conversation was… “Look, he’s a 21 year old kid who made not a great choice, but went to Russia, worked hard, and was productive, and he wants to be a part of this and will fall in line.”

Then… ok. Let’s see what the room says.

But even then, how do you put him in front of players who have actually been there and played for you?  That’s a hard sell.

Personally, I actually think that he’s the absolute perfect player to play RW with Panarin and Strome. Perfect. He’s big. Skilled. Likes to shoot. Skates well. He scores. He’s their complement. And what’s funny is that had he just accepted the Hartford assignment in October, he’d have been there this season, playing with those 2. 
With 50 games playing with those 2, 20+ goals might have happened for him. 

I’ll forgive a lot for people who are young. 
But he has to be conciliatory and humbled. 

spacer.png

This is how you put him in ahead of Hunt, Brodzinski, McKegg and Kakko. But definitely not Gauthier (because he's fucking awesome lol). 

You need better players.  Kravstov is better than the depth the Rangers have. You let him walk in and take a spot, because he can help you win. Just like any late season addition. Some players probably agreed with him upon leaving.   We don't know if the players have any issue at all with him. 

You're making this into the movie Miracle, when Herb Brooks wants to push Tim Harrer into the lineup and players claim he's not one of them because they are family.

That locker room probably wouldn't care if Kravstov was brought in as an emergency plug in, or even to re-mesh with the roster. I honestly don't think they feel as though he quit on them. The kid thinks very highly of himself and has this issue with Drury. Not the team.

As pointed out a thousand times. He's better and WAS better than what supposedly pushed him off the opening day roster. I'd be pissed if Dryden Hunt made the team over me. Wouldn't you? Tinordi? Hajek? 

Hell, half of them probably take his side. Gallant too! 

Edited by The Dude

On 4/12/2022 at 4:28 PM, Phil said:

Again, context matters.

Laf and Kakko deserved AHL time, I agree, but not because they were poorly conditioned. Because they were ineffective. Kakko was statistically one of the worst wingers in the entire NHL in his rookie year. But he never quit. Neither did Laf. Laf, in fact, has shown an early willingness to do anything asked of him, including getting stapled to the bench in games he's not playing well in. We never hear a peep, and when we do, it's positive. It's always about "I need to be better. I need to work harder."

tl;dr: they didn't quit. Kravtsov did. That's all the difference.

You think you'd hear the same if Lafreniere or Kakko got sent down? All positive? Think they'd definitely work harder to come back?

It doesn't always work. See Lundkvist as a recent example. Did he light up the AHL? You think he's happy and isn't telling his agent to get him the fuck out of there? Did Jones keep up his pace after being sent back (honestly asking, because god forbid I'm wrong in assuming Hartford sucks or anything by looking at the roster, the standings or the production)?

Of course thise 2 are gonna say the right things. They are still in the NHL and will continue to play over Hunt, Brodzinski  and Mckegg... I think their attitude might change if they got sent down in favor of Hunt etc. 

On 4/12/2022 at 5:17 PM, Phil said:

Hunt is an ideal fourth-liner. But he does what no one else appears willing to do every time he's tasked with playing with Panarin and Strome. That's why he keeps getting asked to do it again and again. The team is still looking to fill the Fast-sized hole they dug for themselves.

Hagelin did the same for similar duos in the past. Gaborik-Richards, for example.

But... they didn't really try anyone else there besides Goodrow and Kakko. Not sure who the no one else actually was, prior to the deadline. Goodrow is a more talented Hunt, so, he could easily do this task you claim nobody else is willing to do.

Gallant really just kept trying to force Hunt in there. Seeing an actual talented player in that spot has elevated that line and has put it at another level that people just didn't think was possible due to that mild success Fast had in that spot. The thinking became "All you need is a Fast clone or Fast-lite and Panarin & Strome will do their thing." Copp has both Strome and Panarin buzzing again and is having a hellfuck of a run on that line himself... 

All avenues weren't pursued and there are a couple players that were here the whole time, that didn't get the ridiculous opportunity Hunt got.  Obviously the board thinks very very little of those options. I disagree with them ad nauseum. 

Let's stop the false narrative of things like "Hunt and Tinordi made the team over Kravtsov".

Those players, Hajek, Reaves, whomever, were not competing for the same spot as Kravtsov.

Ironically, Hunt being the 2nd line RW most of the year is mostly Kravtsov's own doing.

Lafreniere and Kakko remain on the team because they have good attitudes and good work ethic and are coachable. Kravtsov is a giant pain in the ass. 

• Thanks 1
  • Applause 1

It's nice they're willing to talk, I guess, but I still think he's probably getting traded. At this point they want to make sure they can bring back guys like Copp and Vatrana, players with good work ethics who have fit like a glove. They could also entertain the idea of keeping Strome. Assuming they are able to bring everyone back, I don't see a spot for him. Plus you wonder how players feel about him and the whole situation. Maybe bringing him back disrupts the good comradery this team has.

The good news for Kravtsov is that if he comes back next season, there's holes on the roster that we can't afford to fill with UFAs. Two of Strome, Copp, and Vatrano are going to be gone. That means the 1RW and 2RW are open yet again. Put your head down, stop being a cocky fuck, have a healthy camp, and prove you deserve it. Second season in a row the opportunity is right there for him. 

Edited by Cash or Czech
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

It's nice they're willing to talk, I guess, but I still think he's probably getting traded. At this point they want to make sure they can bring back guys like Copp and Vatrana, players with good work ethics who have fit like a glove. They could also entertain the idea of keeping Strome. Assuming they are able to bring everyone back, I don't see a spot for him. Plus you wonder how players feel about him and the whole situation. Maybe bringing him back disrupts the good comradery this team has.

As of now, it’s still more likely than not, that he gets moved. That’s the trajectory it’s been on and more would need to happen if that’s to change. 

But they should still try to reconcile the relationship all the way if possible. Certainly explore that and have those discussions. You have time.

If you can’t, continue with the existing plan.

While it’s true that the first step in him getting traded is agreeing to come back, it’s also the first step in him maybe reconciling with the Rangers.

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Brooks just said day to day for both. Now they’re out a week? Are Vince and Brooksie at the same media session? 😂

Chytil has to be made of paper. At this point, there’s no way you can possibly make me think otherwise.

I don’t know, I’ve seen some pretty tough origami in Japan 

• LOL 1

• 1 month later...
11 minutes ago, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:

Without a KHL contract to fall back on, I gotta assume he's committed to staying in NA at least. put up or shut up time

Hate to say the obvious but he also doesn't really have an NHL contract right now either. He's expired at the end of the season.

4 minutes ago, LindG1000 said:

Hate to say the obvious but he also doesn't really have an NHL contract right now either. He's expired at the end of the season.

Yeah, he'd either have to come back to us tail between legs or hope we trade his RFA rights. We own him for a good long while if he wants to play in NA.

Either the fence has been mended, or not having the KHL contract to fall back on makes him more attractive in trade. I’m starting to think it’s the former now. If there were still issues between Drury and Kravtsov, I don’t see why Kravtsov would still trust Drury that much to trade him, to the point of rejecting Traktor’s contract offer. I’d love to see this kid in blue.

• VINNY! 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

Edmonton and Puljiujarvi were able to figure it out. why not us and VK?

Not to get too far ahead to next season but, if this kid line keeps looking good and bumps up to the new 2nd line, with a loaded up top line in Panarin and Zibanejad together, Kravstov could make an interesting option to be on the third line with some more skilled players, plus maybe PP2

• VINNY! 1
  • Applause 1

17 minutes ago, rmc51 said:

Either the fence has been mended, or not having the KHL contract to fall back on makes him more attractive in trade. I’m starting to think it’s the former now. If there were still issues between Drury and Kravtsov, I don’t see why Kravtsov would still trust Drury that much to trade him, to the point of rejecting Traktor’s contract offer. I’d love to see this kid in blue.

Either way is possible. Personally I think since the dialogue got started again or at least became more frequent, that things may have improved. Not saying there’s a fully mended fence. But it may be moving that way. 

• Believe 1

13 minutes ago, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:

Edmonton and Puljiujarvi were able to figure it out. why not us and VK?

Not to get too far ahead to next season but, if this kid line keeps looking good and bumps up to the new 2nd line, with a loaded up top line in Panarin and Zibanejad together, Kravstov could make an interesting option to be on the third line with some more skilled players, plus maybe PP2

I’m honestly hoping that things get fixed. I’m really very curious to see this kid at this point and what he can do.

Very curious in fact to see if he and Panarin maybe click. His skill set is potentially a huge compliment for Panarin.